• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically ALL frames are fake as there's no such thing in the real world. FG is just a new way of generating frames, They are real just not rendered in the traditional way.

Exactly, every single frame and asset etc. is "fake" regardless of it being a real frame, a raster rendered scene or even a rt/pt rendered scene.

Last edited:
Dlss Increases quality. Fsr decreases. FG does decrease IQ with artifacts, but it's hardly noticeable in most cases, biggest hit is to input latency.

So basically we should always use FG when if available?

I make the comment because recently I played Cyber Punk and had everything maxed at 1440p including path tracing etc but I didn't think it looked that good.

Yet other people on these forums said it looked amazing.

I think I had dlss on auto and the sharpening was on auto too. Image looked very smudged.

Last edited:
So basically we should always use FG when if available?

I make the comment because recently I played Cyber Punk and had everything maxed at 1440p including path tracing etc but I didn't think it looked that good.

Yet other people on these forums said it looked amazing.

I think I had dlss on auto and the sharpening was on auto too. Image looked very smudged.
Put dlss on balanced and turn off sharpening

Image looked very smudged.
Someone else can see a difference:p, lets go......

You are running 1440p, the game output resolution before DLSS upscales it, is:

1440p:

Quality: 1707x960p

Balance: 1485x835p

Performance: 1280x720p

Ultra Perf: 853x480p

Where as the game output resolution before DLSS upscales it to 4K, is

4k:

Quality: 2560x1440p

Balance: 2227x1253p

Performance: 1920x1080p

Ultra Perf: 1280x720p

So it's very smudged at 1440p, and less smudged@4K

You need to show more boob if you want to distract from the low res assets in the background.It looks like a tent from the original DOOM:p
Oh alright, RT backends :p

mH6Yxby.jpg

It's not real FPS!

You'll be shocked when you realise how much fakery is out there

How do you feel about Spiderman 2? Lots of people were raving about its graphics in the last week.

Well one of the developers just did an interview with Skillup and when he was asked how they manage to having the main character move through the game world so fast the developer revealed something very interesting.

He said the game is not storing all possible animations in memory and trying to stream it, the game was actually only storing a tiny fraction of animation files and as the character is moving around doing flips and swinging etc the majority of frames on the screen contain fake animations that are guessed by the game using references of data that it has on the real animation

Last edited:
One bit I misunderstood was DLSS 3.5, I thought that was only available on 4xxx cards?
DLSS3.5 is available to 3XXX, just Frame Generation/Reflex isn't :)
All this FG talk...

Is Nv blocking FSR3 already, thought they didn't do that?:p
Yeah they've hired the AMD staff member who blocked DLSS for Starfield :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom