• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jfc the graphics in aw2 are insane. In front of oh deers diner and it looks like cgi ( you know what i mean , prerendered not just ‘computer generated images’ ). The HDR is also gorgeous. Damn … Remedy really outdid themselves.

Can’t believe im seeing this in real time, and at 120+ fps too. Good lord.

Ps: all maxed, full RT, dlss quality, FG, @ 3440x1440.

Last edited:
Jfc the graphics in aw2 are insane. In front of oh deers diner and it looks like cgi ( you know what i mean , prerendered not just ‘computer generated images’ ). The HDR is also gorgeous. Damn … Remedy really outdid themselves.

Can’t believe im seeing this in real time, and at 120+ fps too. Good lord.

Ps: all maxed, full RT, dlss quality, FG, @ 3440x1440.
Good isn't it!
What hardware you got?

If 5080 comes at the same price as 4080 and is 80% faster, is that a great price or it just normalize higher price limits just like 4090 and precious cards did? 4090 vs 3090, of course
Based on this, genuine question...
What'd people think regarding the 7800XT being just a 6800XT with a new dress on performance per pound wise? I hear in some rare situations they claim it's up to 12% faster, so where does that leave AMD in these sort of % vs £ opinions?
I can't personally see it worth upgrading for a 6800XT user, same with the 6700XT to 7700XT? It's weird the AMD people aren't slating this?

Last edited:
What'd people think regarding the 7800XT being just a 6800XT with a new dress on performance per pound wise? I hear in some rare situations they claim it's up to 12% faster, so where does that leave AMD in these sort of % vs £ opinions?
I can't personally see it worth upgrading for a 6800XT user, same with the 6700XT to 7700XT? It's weird the AMD people aren't slating this?
Uplift value is rubbish. Pound per pound performance uplift was poor on both sides, it's why there is not a value argument for just upgrading from 3xxx to 4xxx or 6xxx to 7xxx in my view.

Last edited:
Uplift value is rubbish. Pound per pound performance uplift was poor on both sides, it's why there is not a value argument for just upgrading from 3xxx to 4xxx or 6xxx to 7xxx in my view.
Yeah, I'm not really one for buying the generation straight after, but going from a 580 8gb to a 4070 with 3 years warranty that's fan never kicks due to it never reaching the 65C required thus silent, with the modern feature set of these 4xxx cards has done me alright so far.

I'm yet to find anything it won't play natively maxed out at 1440p, only Starfield was picky but we know the story behind that! Anything I want to push my luck with I just use FG/DLSS/3.5/Reflex so I can have my RT cake and eat it.
I like the fallback of being able to use DLSS3.5 onwards/FG and some RT as I fancy it. The 4070 can be had for as little as £529.99 now on a rival site for 2 different brands, and IIRC a RX 7800XT was £589.99 last time I looked?
So I'm content with my purchase tbh :)

Last edited:
The 7800XT starts at £499 on sale here, pick your poison, 4070 with free AW2, better RT and upscaling, sipss less power Vs the faster 7800xt with more future proof vram/bandwidth and very oc'able.

Last edited:
The 7800XT starts at £499 on sale here, pick your poison, 4070 with free AW2, better RT and upscaling, sipss less power Vs the faster 7800xt with more future proof vram/bandwidth and very oc'able.
Ah ok, I thought they were £589.99 as I saw people moaning stating that price. I'd say DLSS/FG/Reflex is better for future proofing than 4gb of vram, you use way less with DLSS on.

I mean mrk is using just under 12gb with AW2 with a 4090 at 4k! On his post on the page before.

Last edited:
Definitely dragged RDNA 3 through the mud then back again and then ran it through it once more. Can't keep whinging about it forever though. Truth is there's no AMD card worth purchasing if you've nabbed a RDNA 2 card already. RDNA 3 only has any life in it because Nvidia completely nuked its offerings below the 4080, and even that one is sketchy for the price. Unfortunately AMD's next generation is looking like it will be even worse (which is hard to imagine possible) relative to Nvidia so most likely the latter will keep offering neutered GPUs outside of their flagship, which will no doubt be $2000+.

Definitely dragged RDNA 3 through the mud then back again and then ran it through it once more. Can't keep whinging about it forever though. Truth is there's no AMD card worth purchasing if you've nabbed a RDNA 2 card already. RDNA 3 only has any life in it because Nvidia completely nuked its offerings below the 4080, and even that one is sketchy for the price. Unfortunately AMD's next generation is looking like it will be even worse (which is hard to imagine possible) relative to Nvidia so most likely the latter will keep offering neutered GPUs outside of their flagship, which will no doubt be $2000+.

You are wrong. One word. CHIPLETS! :cry:

I don't get what you mean about nuking sub 4080 cards?
My 4070 can play anything I want at 1440p maxed out native, or use DLSS3.5/FG/Reflex and get 70-90fps with RT depending on the game? That's fine by me for SP gaming (all I do) and I don't consider a £529.99 4070 to be 'expensive' considering how everything in general is more expensive these days vs 15-20 years ago? I can simply use DLSS/FG/Reflex in the future when it starts to chug, no biggie?

I'd take that over not being able to play something at max settings/at all, like we were used to in the past?

Thinking about it though I paid around the same price for most of my PC hardware, ironically some of it was cheaper, like the ram/case/motherboard/hsf/psu/nvme than what I would have paid when I built a Q6600 stepping first gen 2.4ghz quad core gaming build back in 2008ish IIRC...
The only thing I paid my for at my own choosing this time was the cpu/gpu... Which I could easily have chosen something different on both? I ended up saving something stupid like £384 IIRC and was able to treat myself to a new mouse/monitor...

So I think this builds reasonable considering bar a keyboard it's a complete custom pc? Which is silent/doesn't run above 64C, uses hardly any electric and has a 165hz 1440p 32" monitor and a current gen 4xxx gpu?

I also bought everything new, so again if I'd only bought the GPU new, this would have been silly cheap, given the cheap prices people sell my cpu/ram/motherboard for 2nd hand?

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question, you answer mine first then I'll answer your strawman
Buying a 4080 enforces Nvidia's marketing.
So does buying a 4090. ;)
Not in one generation, the 4090 was a 7% increase over the 3090 which in turn was a 50% increase over the 2080ti so a 2nd tier card has increased more in one gen than even the premium model has in two.
Still the same mechanism at heart. With x80 they've skipped a few steps.

My 4070 can play anything I want at 1440p maxed out native, or use DLSS3.5/FG/Reflex and get 70-90fps with RT depending on the game? That's fine by me for SP gaming (all I do) and I don't consider a £529.99 4070 to be 'expensive' considering how everything in general is more expensive these days vs 15-20 years ago? I can simply use DLSS/FG/Reflex in the future when it starts to chug, no biggie
The 4070 is around 50% performance of a 4090, last you got 58% of a 3090 for £369 so for a 4070 your paying 45% more for 8% less performance. even taking into account UK inflation which has been higher than most places a 4070 should cost no more then £436

My 4070 can play anything I want at 1440p maxed out native, or use DLSS3.5/FG/Reflex and get 70-90fps with RT depending on the game? That's fine by me for SP gaming (all I do) and I don't consider a £529.99 4070 to be 'expensive' considering how everything in general is more expensive these days vs 15-20 years ago? I can simply use DLSS/FG/Reflex in the future when it starts to chug, no biggie?
Keep in mind that the 4070 is also the best case value-wise, but even that if you look at it is not really faster than a 6800 XT in raster, retailed at the same price (3 years later), and has 4 GB less vram. But you do get the Nvidia niceties over it (re RT performance & DLSS et al). Even compared to the 3080 it's really just +2 GB Vram +Frame Gen, 3 years later. And that's THE BEST value proposition Nvidia has put forth (excl. the 4090). If we look at any other card then it's nothing but a bloodbath. And btw this is without taking into account the nice returns of mining while sleeping for previous gen, which you may argue is an oddity but nonetheless was a real boon for anyone with a GPU (so the real value of that generation was even higher; we can argue if it's "fair" to think of that as a value-added or not).

So, don't misunderstand me, the cards can still put in a lot of work so you can enjoy using one with 0 issues, but if we compare generational progression and pricing then it's clear Nvidia chose to keep profit margins super high and just sell on brand value, and because they have no real competition then why wouldn't they? If you look at the 4090 then it all makes sense, that one's a behemoth and demolishes the 3090, but everything else is pretty much running in place for the most part. There's just no other way that your flagship card has insane price/perf. if you aren't also selling gimped cards below it, there's diminishing returns on performance as you scale up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom