• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure? He does not have a 4K monitor as far as I know. Unless he was on 5160x2160 :)
Yeah DLDSR, so higher than poncy "4k" :p

It's fine at that tbh, image quality doesn't seem any different to 3440x1440 though so I just use the latter instead as the averages are higher naturally.

Go with whatever looks great and performs best, in this case 3440x1440 which looks the same as 5160x2160, and runs higher fps. The rendering is excellent it seems in this.

I'm still on location on this shoot, won't be home until later z just catching up on posts during a break :p

Last edited:
"No indication that vram cost is high"

Then proceeds to say the game needs 16gb with path tracing on lmao :cry:

Bad translation or are the Germans trolling us?

"There is no indication that VRAM consumption is too high"

To me reads like vram isn't too high given what is on display i.e. it's not guzzling vram for no benefit to iq like some amd sponsored title we dare not mention.....

PCGH have now updated with more results:

Ifh1wre.png

I'm kicking myself I didn't spend the extra £750 to get 11-12 fps instead of 2-4 :cry: :D

When/if I get it, I'll be playing at 3440x1440 due to the superior HDR performance of my aw qd-oled over the lg woled 4k so seems like 3080 performs just fine at this res.......

oVMPZMW.png

:cry:

Oh yea. You can't even play it on GeForce Now can you? Lol

That has got to be the biggest flaw in that. You can only play certain games. But crap that.

You can, it's out now but I haven't bought the game and most likely won't for a while, looks stunning but gameplay isn't exactly enticing me to play, maybe when/if it drops to £15 or less and renew the ultimate sub at that time. Nvidia have been pretty on the ball with the last few major releases being released to geforce now i.e. cities, forza and now this.

Reactions: TNA
Can confirm, as @Tombstone said, 4070 is more than happy.
I've chosen everything at the highest setting 1440p dlss/fg with path tracing set to medium with dlss ray reconstruction on, just no nasty motion blur or film grain!

Using between 9.2-10.2gb vram so far :)

Am I the only one that would rather just play as Saga or Max Payne sorry I mean Casey...

Last edited:
^^ learn to use spacebar

As for claims game developers would be using old entry level laptops like a mobile 2060, that's under the required spec to develop on unreal engine 5 so either you're talking about some tiny studio working on old tech or that's years ago and you're just looking for a fight. I think we're all talking about AAA graphical boundary pushing games as that's where the performance complaints come from; no one is complaining about the performance of counter strike 2

Hey Purgatory, Capcom was doing an interview today talking about RE engine gamea and they also revealed the specs of the PCs their developers use to make games

And it's not a mobile 2060

Developer PCs for RE game devs, such as Resident Evil games:

CPU: 32 core Threadripper 5975wx
GPU: RTX4090
Memory: 256GB RAM
Storage: 10TB of SSD storage

So don't be mad when the next Resident Evil game runs great on the RTX4090 and not so great on lesser GPUs, because that's what it's built on :D

Last edited:
5760x1080 @ 4080, 5800x3d, 32gb 3200mhz. Maxed (minus motion blur and something with noise), DLSS Quality, does pretty well. I think it was something like 80-90fps plus in the first part of the town and around 60 something + in the original forest area.

Good thing is that the ghosting is far less compared to CB77 and everything looks better. Red Engine either got some superficial treatment or is barely running properly.

Hopefully more games will come out pushing boundaries!

5760x1080 @ 4080, 5800x3d, 32gb 3200mhz. Maxed (minus motion blur and something with noise), DLSS Quality, does pretty well. I think it was something like 80-90fps plus in the first part of the town and around 60 something + in the original forest area.

Good thing is that the ghosting is far less compared to CB77 and everything looks better. Red Engine either got some superficial treatment or is barely running properly.

Hopefully more games will come out pushing boundaries!

Path tracing is gen 1 in Cyberpunk labelled under a technology preview so is ray reconstruction. Alan Wake 2 has the latest iteration of the tech with more advanced AI training having been applied.

The 15 year contract they signed with Epic to only use and develop Unreal Engine after Phantom Liberty is done which ends any further updates to 2077.

Last edited:
Gave to date? :p

But yes it's good if that's what I assume you mean.

Cyberpunk has more complex lighting though with path tracing and RR. See my post in the AW2 thread comparing both, Cyberpunk has dynamically reactive environment GI when opening and closing doors etc, AW2 does not. Both manually maxing out every GFX setting.

I think the colour grading generally looks more cinematic on AW2, but the general quality in Cyberpunk like in NPCs and vehicles etc is better looking. The water reflections and aesthetic in AW2 is better though like when you're mooching about the forest looking for the Witches Sign bit and wading around wet ground land looking at the reflections on the water on everything the torch hits. Looks so good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom