• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
In some remasters like Halo and Alex kidd, there is a button you can hit to instantly go from remastered graphics to original.

It'd be good to have one for Ray tracing, or be able to set one. (this is where it turns out there is one I didn't know about...)
Haha. Pretty sure there is no such thing. You need to take the pics and compare them manually :)

Soldato
In some remasters like Halo and Alex kidd, there is a button you can hit to instantly go from remastered graphics to original.

It'd be good to have one for Ray tracing, or be able to set one. (this is where it turns out there is one I didn't know about...)

That would be great

You know what though, since game menus are always in fixed position you can just use a mouse or keyboard macro recorder and then bind the macro to a button on your keyboard or controller or whatever to flick between rt on and off

Caporegime

Think they could do a lot to improve the performance for this given cp2077 and metro ee perform way better, however, the reflections do look pretty intense/complex environments especially when you have big crowds like that. Also looks like some experimentation with different dlss files might be required to get rid of the ghosting on foliage, I think this is using the latest 2.3.9?

Associate
Just my 2 pence worth when it comes to hitmans rtx.
As nexus says it does look pretty intense when the rtx effects are dialed up and overall it does look really nice and you can indeed tell the difference :) However i have seen many rtx effects that are just as good if not even better in cyberpunk/control etc and they do not come with quite the performance hit that hitman does. I have a 3090 and sit between 40-50 fps when on 4k max everything and dlss on quality when without rtx i get almost 120fps. Luckily due to the kind of game hitman is its perfectly playable at 40-50 but it is a bit shocking to see 2/3 of my performance go when enabling rtx especially when i have seen just as good and even better elsewhere without anywhere near the performance hit.

Edit: just seen that there is a bug to do with dlss which harms performance when it is enabled. Apparently turning dlss off then on again fixes it.

Last edited:
Caporegime

RDNA 2 really starting to show longevity performance issues with RT now and that's at 1440p too :eek:

5iKPzOR.png

They could probably do a lot more optimisation on the whole though tbf, especially since dlss looks buggy in this too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played the first level of Hitman 3, blows Control out the window imo.

DLSS on quality@4K no fps counter performance was ok but its a slow paced game so doesn't need high fps.

Only runs stock clocks though, anything less and its ctd.

Soldato
I just played through Crysis remastered this weekend and had to choose between RT and a crisp, sharp picture....but I couldn't have both with my 3080Ti.

I chose fake lighting instead of fake resolution as DLSS just wasn't cutting it in this title for me. (Even in quality mode)

I thought DLSS in control was great. I guess it can vary a lot from one game to the next.

Caporegime
I just played through Crysis remastered this weekend and had to choose between RT and a crisp, sharp picture....but I couldn't have both with my 3080Ti.

I chose fake lighting instead of fake resolution as DLSS just wasn't cutting it in this title for me. (Even in quality mode)

I thought DLSS in control was great. I guess it can vary a lot from one game to the next.
Not sure if you have already or not. But try different dlss versions, sometimes the latest one doesn't always look/work the best for certain games.

Usually best to google the game, dlss version with reddit and you will see some people posting their results and which one to use.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
And..........

i2JYeQm.png

It's a good time to be a RTX gamer ;) :cool: :D

Hopefully they will allow us to dial up the effects rather than having console hardware hold us back. That and DLSS added would be nice, or at least FSR 2 (hopefully better implementation than the previous 2 FSR 2 games though)
Awesome. I did enjoy that on the PS4 Pro and OLED TV a couple of years ago. That HZD and God of War.

Spiderman had awesome HDR so I hope they get it right on PC also. Will do what I did with HZD and wait until it is around a tenner and pick it up to add to my Steam collection. Had I not already played these games they would all be day 1 purchase worth though.

Caporegime
Awesome. I did enjoy that on the PS4 Pro and OLED TV a couple of years ago. That HZD and God of War.

Spiderman had awesome HDR so I hope they get it right on PC also. Will do what I did with HZD and wait until it is around a tenner and pick it up to add to my Steam collection. Had I not already played these games they would all be day 1 purchase worth though.
Exact same!

Very much looking forward to another replay with 60+ fps especially on the AW 21.9 QD-oled!

It will be interesting to see how the ray tracing performance is as spidermans ray tracing is probably the best showcase on console so far i.e. they managed to get decent results from amds hardware.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Exact same!

Very much looking forward to another replay with 60+ fps especially on the AW 21.9 QD-oled!

It will be interesting to see how the ray tracing performance is as spidermans ray tracing is probably the best showcase on console so far i.e. they managed to get decent results from amds hardware.
Now what would be nice is to get release date on GT7! While at it HZD 2 also. Those two are the ones I want the most. Got a PS5 controller so I am ready :)

Caporegime
2481903_0.jpg

Forspoken Uses Ray-Traced Shadows and Ambient Occlusion, Features Upgraded Global Illumination

6igy4g
Vt4xPNC.png

:p ;) :D

Permabanned
I personally would like to see Gameworks stuff in more games,playing Arkham Knight from 2015 with all bells and whistles on at 4K is really beautiful, the physics effects are so top notch.

Reminds me of Mirror's Edge physics.

Say what you want but nothing comes close to hardware based Physics, it would be nice if there was an open source Physics library that has the dexterity of PhysX because when it works, it's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom