• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Soldato
Permabanned

HITMAN 3 PC Gets Ray Tracing and DLSS+FSR Support on May 24th​

Ray tracing the detailed environments of HITMAN 3 is quite demanding on the GPU. To get the best experience it’s important to select graphics quality settings that match your installed GPU.
Ray tracing can be enabled from the Graphics menu under Options in the main menu of HITMAN 3. Here you’ll find separate toggles for enabling ray traced reflections and shadows. When ray tracing is enabled, the Reflection Quality options appears and here you can control the reflection quality. Ray tracing must be enabled before you start a mission.
In general, for lower end hardware we recommend using low or medium Reflection Quality. Lowering reflection quality can greatly improve performance, but results in reflections with fewer details and occasional popping of small objects.
Adaptive Supersampling in HITMAN 3 on PC
Patch 3.110 also adds support for Adaptive Supersampling, such as NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 1.0. It is highly recommended to enable DLSS or FSR when using ray tracing for a better and smoother experience.
Below you can find the Minimum and Recommended Hardware Requirements and settings for Adaptive Supersampling and Ray Tracing:

Minimum Hardware Requirements

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER or AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
Intel Core i5 10600K or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
8 GB RAM
Recommended settings:
Resolution: 1080p
Adaptive Supersampling Technique: NVIDIA DLSS or AMD FSR
Adaptive Supersampling Quality> Performance
Reflection Quality: Medium

Recommended Hardware

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
Intel Core i7 10700K or AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
16 GB RAM
Recommended settings:
Resolution: 1440p
Adaptive Supersampling Technique: NVIDIA DLSS or AMD FSR
Adaptive Supersampling Quality: Balanced
Reflection Quality: High

Additional Requirements

GeForce Game Ready Driver 512.59 for NVIDIA GPUs.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.5.3 for AMD GPUs.
Windows 10 Version 21H1 or newer.

Caporegime
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
:cry:

Looks like you'll be getting similar performance to a 6900xt even with your measly 8gb vram @TNA :p ;)

Not expecting this to be game changing though especially since the SSR is very good from what I can remember but none the less, another day, another RT addition :)

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
Jurassic world evolution 2 on gamepass now. Didn't realise this had DLAA. TAA VS DLAA VS DLSS below (max settings @ 3440x1440)

0l3krdI.jpg

b8Mey47.jpg

cSixaB1.jpg

Shame no RT reflections though:

2tNUIAR.jpg

yR8WVnp.jpg

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:cry:

Looks like you'll be getting similar performance to a 6900xt even with your measly 8gb vram @TNA :p ;)

Not expecting this to be game changing though especially since the SSR is very good from what I can remember but none the less, another day, another RT addition :)
Bhahahaha :cry:

Not played a hitman game in like 10-15 years. Might give one of them a go, but got many games installed right now I need to get through first.

I actually picked up Ruined King: A League of Legends Story recently when it went on sale for around £16. Was waiting for that to drop since release as was not about to pay £25 for it and it is only available through steam and not available on CDKeys /Allkeyshop. Quite enjoying it and best part my measly 8GB VRAM is plenty :cry:

Caporegime
Yeah can't say I'll be in a hurry either, last hitman I enjoyed was blood money. When it hits gamepass or <£10, I might give it a shot though.

Caporegime
Witcher 3 nextgen now coming out q4 2022. Even though it'll probably be quite the stunner with ray tracing, I just can't get into the game. Overall it's got a lot going for it but the waffling 15 minutes of dialogue for every npc you encounter every 20 minutes along with clunky poor combat just put me of entirely.

Soldato

Matrix Awakens Demo compiled with new Unreal Engine 5.1​

Someone compiled the Matrix Demo with the latest Unreal Engine 5.1 main branch on Github. UE5.1 offers significant improvements such as inclusion of transparent reflections on glass, performance improvements and the integration of DX12 Ultimate.

It runs significantly better in my test compared to the builds before. It also includes a settings menu and DLSS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz-Emj7k1Uc
Note: You need a DX12 Ultimate capable GPU to run it (RTX 2000, RTX 3000 and RX 6000 series)

Newer compiled version here :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQ_Oav8pxMJ-55qwwyRurjS_dyKgFGqZ/view?usp=sharing

FIX for Google Drive "Download quota exceeded for this file" 1 - Create a folder on your GDrive, leave it empty 2 - click on the link and select "add shortcut to GDrive", then select the folder you've created 3 - go to your GDrive page and right click the "Folder" your created and select "download" Important: DO NOT right click on the "File" to download, instead right click on the "Folder" you created to download.

If you have no folder when you add the shortcut to you GDrive (google drive), create any folder and move the shortcut to it and download the folder not the file and it will download without errors of too many downloaders or exceeded quota.

UE 5.1 City Sample Download | 1st P. | DLSS | Graphic Menu | Cinematic | Vehicles​

Has a menu to change settings now too as you will see from above video.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Silly question, how do you notice temporal stability? What do you look for?
Basically any sign of shimmering, which is usually on thin lined objects like railings, poles, signs etc.

In that video above, you can see it very clearly, including the side of the building at 0.35 seconds and that's a static comparison too... in my experience and as DF + HU pointed out with deathloop, shimmering is very obvious in motion. It's why FSR 1 was pretty awful as it just enhanced this even further, FSR 2 addresses this although as noted by both the above sources, it's still got some way to go to get on par with dlss' temporal stability.

EDIT:

You can see how it affects in motion @ 1.26 with the trees and it's branches.

Another comparison in ghostwire to show the temporal stability:

Caporegime
Yikes, quite the performance hit with RT on :eek:

NVIDIA said that games with DLSS, or games that are about to have DLSS, include:

Deep Rock Galactic
LEAP
Ghost
Loopmancer
Hydroneer
Propnight
Raji: An Ancient Epic
Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong
Turbo Sloths
Warstride Challenges

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8639...h-dlss-f1-22-and-hitman-3-included/index.html

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yikes, quite the performance hit with RT on :eek:

None of those jump out at me as something I would be interested in playing unfortunately. Lucky for me I have enough games to keep me happy for a long time. Once I finish all the new ones there are loads on the replay list. Would be cool to replay them again in ultrawide OLED :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Makes a nice difference, good thing the game has dlss to bring performance back up. Surprised it didn't get fsr 2 instead of fsr 1 though.
Option 1 - Can’t see the difference.
Option 2 - They nerfed the rasterisation to make RT stand out.
Option 3 - Not worth the performance loss.

Not sure which one to go for when replying this time :p:cry:

Associate
In some remasters like Halo and Alex kidd, there is a button you can hit to instantly go from remastered graphics to original.

It'd be good to have one for Ray tracing, or be able to set one. (this is where it turns out there is one I didn't know about...)

Back
Top Bottom