• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh oh, shots fired at amd for blocking dlss in their sponsored games..... :cry: :D

They raise a good point though, will be interesting to see if they block xess as well, given it's open source (?), amds reason of not liking closed source tech. won't apply here.....

Some interesting points raised on dlss 3 and cp 2077 RT overdrive mode in the above video.

NVIDIA DLSS 2 is noticeably better than AMD FSR 2.1 in Lost Judgment

DLSS maybe coming to forza 5 too:

cRFB73C.png

Oh oh, shots fired at amd for blocking dlss in their sponsored games..... :cry: :D

They raise a good point though, will be interesting to see if they block xess as well, given it's open source (?), amds reason of not liking closed source tech. won't apply here.....

Some interesting points raised on dlss 3 and cp 2077 RT overdrive mode in the above video.

NVIDIA DLSS 2 is noticeably better than AMD FSR 2.1 in Lost Judgment

DLSS maybe coming to forza 5 too:

cRFB73C.png

Don't worry DF will shill for Nvidia more soon, even how he answered the questions he was protecting Nvidia. Disgraceful really they forget rest of us pay for our cards not given to us for free and a nice pay cheque on top aka sponsorship. Meeh and now AMD at their games too... The whole world has gone mad and the greed levels are threw the roof now.

We all need to keep our wallets in our pockets and only buy if we need to replace anything that breaks. They are taking the micky now and our government well we got our answer today too with the £ to $, there is zero confidence in this government and they are taking us all down with them. But of course they will pocket a nice sum during all this mess.

Anyways too angry about everything to turn this into a rant thread and will stick to the topic. Nvidia as Linus Torvalds said F... U... and AMD if you play the same games well meet Linus Torvalds reply to Nvidia and to our government well good luck, the jig is up and people will be out for you soon enough asking why they can't feed their families and keep them warm this winter.

ec1560ae-c484-410b-84e7-4b7385662edb_text.gif

Last edited:
Can't disagree tbf.

I still rate DF for their content though, whilst they do have a bias and paint nvidia in a better light if possible, their testing and analysis methods are far superior than other tech. journalists and you can't really argue against those comparisons, they pick up on things that most other sites ignore or won't mention.

All in all, it's looking like I'll keep my 5600x and 3080 for a good while now, 5600x with -30 on all cores and the 3080 .825 @ 1815 is a a great combo for performance and efficiency (AMD 7xxx cpus are laughable on the temps and power consumption front), not worth spending the best part of £1+k on a new system, RDNA 3 could tempt me but I think it is unlikely now, that and DLSS would be a big loss unless amd catch up a bit more with fsr IQ and adoption rate.

Can't disagree tbf.

I still rate DF for their content though, whilst they do have a bias and paint nvidia in a better light if possible, their testing and analysis methods are far superior than other tech. journalists and you can't really argue against those comparisons, they pick up on things that most other sites ignore or won't mention.

All in all, it's looking like I'll keep my 5600x and 3080 for a good while now, 5600x with -30 on all cores and the 3080 .825 @ 1815 is a a great combo for performance and efficiency (AMD 7xxx cpus are laughable on the temps and power consumption front), not worth spending the best part of £1+k on a new system, RDNA 3 could tempt me but I think it is unlikely now, that and DLSS would be a big loss unless amd catch up a bit more with fsr IQ and adoption rate.

You know what makes skipping a gen easier? A 5900X and 3080 Ti instead :p:D:cry:

Intel providing their guide for developers and ray tracing now too:

Intel® Arc™ Graphics Developer Guide for Real-Time Ray Tracing in Games

Didn't realise they had quite a bit on ray tracing:

That's all 3 gpu brands that have now provided tools and guides regarding ray tracing :)

I thought there was also RT shadows? If so, seems they removed that, probably too much of a performance hit for rdna 2 :p

Still holding out hope for batman arkham knight to get the full RT treatment!

Them updates will probably come when Nvidia make them use DLSS 3 and then turn on all the other RT effects. Did you see how they made it clear it was DLSS 2.. they never really did that before and would only say DLSS. Soon DLSS 3 update coming. ;)

Them updates will probably come when Nvidia make them use DLSS 3 and then turn on all the other RT effects. Did you see how they made it clear it was DLSS 2.. they never really did that before and would only say DLSS. Soon DLSS 3 update coming. ;)

Very likely and did suggest this would happen :( Having said that, wasn't gotham knights suppose to be intels showcase for RT advantage over nvidia or was that another game?

This is going to make me want dlss 3/40xx badly :(

Think this could be the worse performing title we'll have yet as don't know about anyone else but always looks stuttery/low fps....

Still holding out hope for batman arkham knight to get the full RT treatment!

I'm hoping someone makes a mod pack for Arkham Knight once Nvidia's Remix tool comes out, Maybe even Alien Isolation, That game is just begging for a remaster, Higher res textures, RT reflections, RTGI etc.... would look amazing.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone makes a mod pack for Arkham Knight once Nvidia's Remix tool comes out, Maybe even Alien Isolation, That game is just begging for a remaster, Higher res textures, RT reflections, RTGI etc.... would look amazing.

Is batman and alien isolation dx 9? I think they might be DX 10 or 11? If so, then remix won't work :(

I'm seriously surprised nvidia haven't got behind a RTX remaster of the batman games, they are crying out for it!

When undervolting 3 series in afterburner with a set voltage against a set boost clock, does a factory overclock on the boost get added on, or is this taken into account with whatever you set?

Say you set 1875mhz at x voltage capped to go no higher, have you instead actually set x voltage at 1925mhz if the factory oc is +50mhz on the boost?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom