• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that it's marketing, but I wish they had used figures rather than percentages - "Look, this is betterer" is not objective to make an informed decision. I don't care if a new card is 350% better, if the 100% figure is actually what my monitor maxes out at...

Decided to try to line-up a shot from Cyberpunk trailer. This is a look at the upcoming Overdrive mode (which is likely to halve the fps - again) compared to Psycho mode that's currently available.

Most noticeable change is imo the extra light bounces on the underside of ceilings and off buildings generally, and the higher res reflections (not sure this part actually looks better though).

Going to be interesting to see what happens with cp 2077 performance, I'm fully expecting performance to tank:

Cyberpunk 2077’s neon-illuminated environments are key to its aesthetic, and with the new Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode their level of detail is taken to the next level:
  • NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI) gives each neon sign, street lamp, car headlight, LED billboard and TV accurate ray-traced lighting and shadows, bathing objects, walls, passing cars and pedestrians in accurate colored lighting
  • Ray-traced indirect lighting and reflections now bounce multiple times, compared to the previous solution’s single bounce. The result is even more accurate, realistic and immersive global illumination, reflections, and self-reflections
  • Ray-traced reflections are now rendered at full resolution, further improving their quality
  • Improved, more physically-based lighting removes the need for any other occlusion techniques

Supporting the new Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode are several new NVIDIA technologies that greatly accelerate and improve the quality of advanced ray tracing workloads, for even faster performance when playing on GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics cards:
  • Shader Execution Reordering (SER) reorders and parallelizes the execution of threads that trace rays, without compromising image quality.
  • Opacity Micromaps accelerate ray tracing workloads by encoding the surface opacity directly onto the geometry, drastically reducing expensive opacity evaluation during ray traversal, and enabling higher quality acceleration structures to be constructed. This technique is especially beneficial when applied to irregularly-shaped or translucent objects, like foliage and fences. On GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics cards, the Opacity Micromap format is directly decodable by ray tracing hardware, improving performance even further.
  • NVIDIA Real Time Denoisers (NRD) is a spatio-temporal ray tracing denoising library that assists in denoising low ray-per-pixel signals with real-time performance. Compared to previous-gen denoisers, NRD improves quality and ensures the computationally intensive ray-traced output is noise-free, without performance tradeoffs.

I'm presuming those "performance improvements" will only apply to 40xx though....

Lets hope AMD smash RT performance with RDNA 3.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Well a 3090 Ti (at 4K, no DLSS) is still nearer to 30 fps in the old version of the game with RT Psycho than a 4090 is in the new overdrive mode, so like I said, it will halve most likely when using that mode (or worse). Wouldn't be surprised if it's actually as bad as 75% reduction for RDNA 2 cards.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with cp 2077 performance, I'm fully expecting performance to tank. I'm presuming those "performance improvements" will only apply to 40xx though....

Lets hope AMD smash RT performance with RDNA 3.

FYI an RTX4090 at native 4k with these new "overdrive RT graphics" turned on gets 20-25fps... but it's ok cause once you turn on DLSS3 it goes up to 100fps

Last edited:

Justice Online with Fuyun Court update looked really stunning, last time I ran Justice RTX tech demo back in 2018 but the game is only available in chinese language at the time so I googled to find out what happen to Justice now.

It will have English language in Q4 2022. Cant wait to try out play it soon.

I still waiting for Star Trek Online to have ray tracing!

I still waiting for Star Trek Online to have ray tracing!

I miss Star Trek Online, While I was at work my account was compromised and money from my bank spent on it to buy keys which were then traded to a 3rd party, By the time I got home from work I got in contact with customer services, They said "Yes we can see all the activity and from the IP can see it wasn't from your usual location, We'll refund your card but we have to ban you", Really sucked considering it was a lifetime subscription account with A LOT of stuff on it. I couldn't even appeal the ban and was threatened to not contact them again, Very bad company for customer relations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom