• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good read, lots of new RT effects it seems, portal going to potentially be the new most demanding RT title?

Given that snippet underlined and bold, expect MASSIVE performance hit :( Unless the last line of these new additions/tweaks are true with it performing better?

Also:

No mention of FPS.....

Suddenly this seems a lot more likely than I originally thought :o :cry: :D

Must say that RTX Remix is sounding very good though.
That sounds good for old games. Hopefully RT can be brought into games easily through modding.
As for performance... DLSS 3.x After all, they must sell some cards, right? :D

Taken from the other thread:

NVIDIA Forums Representative
DLSS 3 consists of 3 technologies – DLSS Frame Generation, DLSS Super Resolution, and NVIDIA Reflex.
DLSS Frame Generation uses RTX 40 Series high-speed Optical Flow Accelerator to calculate the motion flow that is used for the AI network, then executes the network on 4th Generation Tensor Cores. Support for previous GPU architectures would require further innovation in optical flow and AI model optimization.
DLSS Super Resolution and NVIDIA Reflex will of course remain supported on prior generation hardware, so a broader set of customers will continue to benefit from new DLSS 3 integrations. We continue to train the AI model for DLSS Super Resolution and will provide updates for all RTX GPUs as our research

So ampere + turing will be able to use dlss 3 except for frame generation (at least not "potentially" yet....) so we probably won't see the big performance gains like the 40xx will with dlss 3.

Given modders were able to inject FSR by piggy backing on dlss 2+, I wonder if we'll see something similar happen but doubt it :(

Last edited:
Ignoring price, a 4090 + a quality 4k screen will be very tasty for quite a fair while :cool:

I don't think I could ignore the price, I was genuinely disgusted during the price reveal of the 4080 12GB and 16GB, 4090 was expected as it matches a 3090 price wise so not too bad but the former cards ? Yeah... No Jensen, Just no.

On a good side note though it hopefully will mean more people get a hold of decently priced 3000 series cards :)

Last edited:
It's the fact they are calling a 4070 a 4080 on top of it.

Yep, off the top of my head it was the GTX 680 that everyone was saying at the time should have been the lower tier card but they moved it up because of their performance compared to AMD.

Just check and even that had a 256-bit bus compared to this new 4080 192, feels like they are taking the ****.

DLSS 3 will come to all RTX cards, ampere and turing just won't get the frame doubling piece of it, at least not yet....

DLSS Super Resolution is a key part of DLSS 3, and is under constant research and continues to be honed and improved. DLSS Super Resolution updates will be made available for all RTX GPUs.

We are encouraging developers to integrate DLSS 3, which is a combination of DLSS Frame Generation, DLSS Super Resolution, and NVIDIA Reflex. DLSS 3 is a superset of DLSS 2.

While DLSS Frame Generation is supported on RTX 40 Series GPUs, all RTX gamers will continue to benefit from DLSS Super Resolution and NVIDIA Reflex features in DLSS 3 integrations.

Absolutely NOT. This was made clear by one of their VPs on twitter.

DLSS 3 will be the main selling point for 4000 series.

From my understanding, only the Frame Generation of dlss 3 will not work i.e. turing and ampere owners will still be able to select dlss 3 option in games, they just aren't going to get the same benefit as 40xx will.

DLSS 3 article:

So reflex is now apart of dlss 3, which means as per nvidias staff comments, ampere and turing owners will be able to "technically" use DLSS 3, just not the main new feature of dlss i.e. frame generation.

Will be interesting to see if there are any other improvements to dlss when not factoring in the frame generation aspect.

Looking more into the DLSS 3 stuff, so seems the "super resolution performance" will be a new preset of dlss, which can be used by all RTX gpus? If so, I wonder how it will look compared to dlss quality.

T8dbSyD.png

EDIT:

Hard to say on that "dlss super resolution performance mode" reading more into it, starting to think maybe it is just using the "performance" dlss preset? Seems a bit daft to add "super resolution" as well though given what dlss stands for.... "Deep Learning super sampling"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom