• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the graphics of Control were **** were they not? Looked like a PS3 game with some RT added. Lol
it's like a resident evil game from the ps4.

bizarrely I can't get DLSS to turn off, even when I turn it off in the options it stays on :S, if I reboot the game its ticked by itself again
8UrcQEd.jpg
looks crap... sure the physx are good but physx has been in games since over a decade, shiny surfaces? wow the reflections aren't super high quality or anything special either

soft shadows have been a thing since 2013 ? so what's new soft lighting on objects that make the m look out of focus like the plant pot behind her? looks like glaucoma or something

every surface in that screenshot looks perfectly flat like normal playstation games

the character model looks flat too, needs some monster tesselation on her chest because all she has is a ribcage under the shirt, tomb raider has physics boobs decades ago?

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
anyone can spot anything wrong with this reflection in control?
OtoAgYA.jpg
also the smashed floor/wall texture is horrifically bad

if you walk up to a wall or object aiming also your hand and gun go inside them

I got rid of DLSS by going into the games config file and manually changing the DLSS res to the same as my monitors native, still looks like a playstation game

here's a ghost busters game video uploaded 13 years ago... looks a lot like control and even has physx
might even have better quality textures :p

ahh I found a higher quality video of the game where someone tried to sync it up to the movie

Please note: The reason this is called "Remastered" is because its the second time I made a 'movie adaptation' of the game, and its a massive quality leap over the first one. This was long before an actual remaster of the game was announced.

a 2009 game legit looks better than control... or at least almost as good

Last edited:
it's like a resident evil game from the ps4.

bizarrely I can't get DLSS to turn off, even when I turn it off in the options it stays on :S, if I reboot the game its ticked by itself again
8UrcQEd.jpg
looks crap... sure the physx are good but physx has been in games since over a decade, shiny surfaces? wow the reflections aren't super high quality or anything special either

soft shadows have been a thing since 2013 ? so what's new soft lighting on objects that make the m look out of focus like the plant pot behind her? looks like glaucoma or something

every surface in that screenshot looks perfectly flat like normal playstation games

the character model looks flat too, needs some monster tesselation on her chest because all she has is a ribcage under the shirt, tomb raider has physics boobs decades ago?

Agreed. RT is nice and all, but people went on about how great Control looked and it's like are you for real? Crysis probably looked better :cry:

Looks great :cool:
looks like one of the laziest implementations yet, the shadow differences are so subtle it may as well be SSAO you need a magnifying glass and side by side shots, the broken mirror doesn't even change.

The only real difference seems to be the puddles
The illumination doesn't seem to change at all.

I noticed one part that seems odd
JEMOR1Z.jpg
Above the door the whole texture seems to change not just the shadow like literally a whole vent thing seems to disappear with RT on lol???

It's like going from High to low graphics above the doorway :S

Last edited:
looks like one of the laziest implementations yet, the shadow differences are so subtle it may as well be SSAO you need a magnifying glass and side by side shots, the broken mirror doesn't even change.

The only real difference seems to be the puddles
The illumination doesn't seem to change at all.

I noticed one part that seems odd
JEMOR1Z.jpg
Above the door the whole texture seems to change not just the shadow like literally a whole vent thing seems to disappear with RT on lol???

It's like going from High to low graphics above the doorway :S

Maybe down to DLSS being on with RTX as well?

But yeah definitely difference in textures, hard to tell without seeing the scene and light sources for myself but could be down to what was highlighted with DL 2 where textures looked different when RT was turned on/off and it's just down to that maybe.

WCDxRU3.png

d6ssHus.png

Free on gamepass so I'll be giving it a go.

Building the Future of Real-Time Graphics with NVIDIA and Unreal Engine 5.1

Using the NVIDIA RTX branch of Unreal Engine (NvRTX), you can significantly increase hardware ray-traced and path-traced operations by up to 40%.

RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI), available through NvRTX, allows you to take dynamic light counts from single digits into the hundreds. RTXDI uses the same algorithm for direct lighting as the offline path tracer, taking a step closer to unlimited lighting and photorealism.

A new technology called Shader Execution Reordering (SER) can help solve the challenge of accurately simulating light. SER provides performance gains in ray tracing operations and optimization for specific use cases. NVIDIA is accelerating real-time ray tracing and offline path tracing by leveraging SER through NvRTX.

NvRTX features SER integration to support optimization of many of its ray tracing paths. Developers will see additional frame rate optimization on 40 series cards with up to 40% speed increases in ray tracing operations, and zero impact on quality and content authoring. This improves the efficiency of complex ray tracing calculations, and provides greater gains in scenes that take advantage of ray tracing benefits.

Offline path tracing, which is arguably the most complex tracing operation, will see the largest benefit from SER in Unreal Engine 5.1, with speed improvements of 40% or more. Hardware ray-traced reflections and translucency, which have complex interactions with materials and lighting, will also see benefits.

For more information about SER in Unreal Engine 5.1, see the Shader Execution Reordering Whitepaper and Improve Shader Performance and In-Game Frame Rates with Shader Execution Reordering.

NVIDIA RTX Branch Of Unreal Engine

NVIDIA has made it easy for game developers to add leading-edge technologies to their Unreal Engine games by providing custom UE branches for NVIDIA technologies on GitHub. NvRTX is an interactive solution that’s engaging, will shorten your development cycles, and will help you create even more stunning visuals.

40xx could be very tempting if we start to see UE 5.1 using the above.... "fine wine" :cry:

40xx could be very tempting if we start to see UE 5.1 using the above.... "fine wine" :cry:
I wish I shared your optimism, but as we've seen with UE4's 'stutter struggle', it's not so much that quality ports and PC-centric features *can't* be done, more a factor of them being so far down the list of priorities of developers (and especially publishers) as to be afterthoughts. We've just recently had Sackboy being released in a thoroughly broken state (supposedly now fixed) and even though DLSS/FSR 2.x support is improving it's still far from ubiquitous. Unless nvidia is directly contributing to development costs, for the most part we get the scraps we're given (and that includes RT which has been great in some titles and thoroughly underwhelming in others).

I wish I shared your optimism, but as we've seen with UE4's 'stutter struggle', it's not so much that quality ports and PC-centric features *can't* be done, more a factor of them being so far down the list of priorities of developers (and especially publishers) as to be afterthoughts. We've just recently had Sackboy being released in a thoroughly broken state (supposedly now fixed) and even though DLSS/FSR 2.x support is improving it's still far from ubiquitous. Unless nvidia is directly contributing to development costs, for the most part we get the scraps we're given (and that includes RT which has been great in some titles and thoroughly underwhelming in others).

1 thing that annoys me about all of this is PC hardware is rarely used well, It's always the brute force approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom