• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I shared your optimism, but as we've seen with UE4's 'stutter struggle', it's not so much that quality ports and PC-centric features *can't* be done, more a factor of them being so far down the list of priorities of developers (and especially publishers) as to be afterthoughts. We've just recently had Sackboy being released in a thoroughly broken state (supposedly now fixed) and even though DLSS/FSR 2.x support is improving it's still far from ubiquitous. Unless nvidia is directly contributing to development costs, for the most part we get the scraps we're given (and that includes RT which has been great in some titles and thoroughly underwhelming in others).

Agree.

That's why what I posted could be pretty beneficial for nvidia/40xx as if nvidia have already done the leg work then developers will just have to plug it in, bit like what they did with dlss, reflex etc. Seems they have taken a similar approach with NVRTX for UE now too, of course this means we could go back to the days of gameworks/physx where RT will run horribly on anything but the newest nvidia gpus....

Last edited:
And that's that then.... every major mobile chipset maker is now onboard with hardware accelerated RT and embracing it :cool:

Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip offers hardware-accelerated ray tracing

There's an intriguing feature for mobile gamers: Qualcomm says there will be real-time hardware-accelerated ray tracing, which should improve the visuals on supported games. The company claims the latest Adreno GPU and Kyro CPU deliver over 25 percent faster performance and 40 percent more power efficiency than the Gen 1 chip. Qualcomm adds that it will offer the first mobile-optimized support for the Unreal Engine 5 Metahumans Framework, claiming that this will let players "experience photorealistic human characters in their games."

Oppo showcases mobile gaming with ray tracing on the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2

She spoke in greater depth about the results Oppo is already seeing with its sustained ray tracing performance tests on 8 Gen 2, which compared to its previous software-only ray tracing, is reportedly five times more efficient while placing 90% less workload on the CPU.

The company's history with ray tracing on mobile has actually led them to create an open source mobile ray tracing developer kit – named the PhysRay SDK – that should help developers with aspects like software and hardware compatibility and optimisation for ray tracing between difference device configurations.

neRviPP.png

vm2TudT.png

Mediatek videos too:

Last edited:

Spiderman miles morale benchmark figures here:

View attachment 7Kj3ZNp.png

3080 should do alright with dlss quality at 3440x1440

12900k is probably bottlenecking the 40xx gpus big time there.

Yeah that CPU bottleneck is still hitting it even with RT

Last edited:
and whys mobile games in a pc graphics card section
Who TF games on mobiles?

I will be now! :D

But main reason for posting is because it's to do with ray tracing (largely what this thread has become) and this just cements even further that RT is not a "gimmick" nor a "nvidia" thing like many think :)

TBF, thread should be renamed to:

The Ray tracing thread​

Most of the posts are to do with ray tracing and little else with "RTX" specific items, dlss etc. is pretty much standard in all games now so not really ground breaking news when a game gets announced with dlss support.

I will be now! :D

But main reason for posting is because it's to do with ray tracing (largely what this thread has become) and this just cements even further that RT is not a "gimmick" nor a "nvidia" thing like many think :)

TBF, thread should be renamed to:

The Ray tracing thread​

Most of the posts are to do with ray tracing and little else with "RTX" specific items, dlss etc. is pretty much standard in all games now so not really ground breaking news when a game gets announced with dlss support.

Shall we change it from RTX to RT, makes it vendor neutral then.

If people can make some suggestions for what they think should go in the OP, I can add them.:)

Ray tracing titles with what RT effects they have e.g.

CP 2077 - RT shadows, lighting, reflections, AO
Metro EE - RT only

Then perhaps link to any relevant articles by either amd or nvidia or the game developers specific articles/videos to the game. As well as any other articles on RT in general e.g.

If people can make some suggestions for what they think should go in the OP, I can add them.:)

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.​

Basically remove the X in RTX.

Are we also doing path tracing in this thread? Maybe that can go into the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom