• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Caporegime
My experience is the RT performance on my RX 7800 XT is pretty decent, but no one gives a #### about personal experience, least of all YOU.

So, lets look at the data, who gives a #### that this GPU is better than that GPU in Cyberpunk RT when everything below £1000 is crap? Its ______ irrelevant.

Last edited:
Soldato
The fact you act like an RTX3080 is a nothing dGPU!:cry: :o

The most common dGPU used by gamers is the RTX3060. I have an RTX3060TI and the most powerful Nvidia dGPU under £500,officially is still the RTX4060TI. The top20 cards on Steam are:
gY2QrX2.png

According to TPU,the RX7800XT is in-between an RTX3070TI and RTX3080 in RT(an average of games):

In the worse case scenario it is closer to an RTX3070 and in the best case scenario slightly better than an RTX3080.

That makes it beaten by 2,maybe 3 cards in the top20 on Steam for RT. So that means if you think an RX7800XT is too weak for RT,it means most of the Steam Top20 also is weak for RT too.

Considering Humbug really only buys sub £500 cards,and had an RTX2070 which was £400 beforehand I suspect their view of RT comes from only owning cheaper hardware.

They are on a tech forum,where apparently every gamer owns at least an RTX3080! :cry:

3060ti should do relative fine at 1080p, game depending.

Ok, according to TPU nothing short of an RTX 4080 can run Cyberpunk objectively "fine" at 1440P

So there are literally only 2 GPU's, the 4080 and the 4090 that can do Cyberpunk RT at 60 FPS or higher at 1440P and they cost £1000+

f9bvCZz.png
That's not DLSS included, so irrelevant.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@mrk and @Calin Banc but upscaling doesn't count, oh wait, at least it won't in this case.......

I don't enjoy posting this but if we want things to be better, as we all should, i feel like i have to.

I have an RX 7800 XT, i have nothing but good things to say about the GPU, the hardware, its great, AMD drivers.. also great.

With that said AMD's weakpoint has always been FSR compared to DLSS.

Before i start, CIG (Cloud Imperium Games) have developed their own upscaling tech for their game. TSR.

Ok, so, i don't know which version of FSR CIG are using, 1, 2 or 3, i hope its not 1! 1 is bad, so i don't know how fair on AMD this actually is, but, this is bad.... you can clearly see CIG TSR is better, look at the signs, the red text above the Cubby Blast door, see how unstable that is in FSR compared to CIG TSR?
CIG have a better upscaling tech for your GPU's, AMD, are you even trying?

CIG are working with AMD at the moment, for bugs with Vulkan in the driver, but also future performance optimisations with Vulkan, and CIG are using AMD's white paper on Ray Tracing, not Nvidia... thank _____! They have said this was a very deliberate decision.

I hope AMD can do a lot of work with CIG, this game has the potential to be absolutely massive, and i would like AMD to be involved with it.

Upscaling does matter, and you can do so much better, AMD, no more half arsing it. Be as good at this as you know you can.

So upscaling does matter, just in certain scenarios...

:cry:

At the end of the day, you want to experience RT at its best taking upscaling and grunt into consideration, you don't buy an amd gpu.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@mrk and @Calin Banc but upscaling doesn't count, oh wait, at least it won't in this case.......

So upscaling does matter, just in certain scenarios...

:cry:

At the end of the day, you want to experience RT at its best taking upscaling and grunt into consideration, you don't buy an amd gpu.

rofl-laughing.gif

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My experience is the RT performance on my RX 7800 XT is pretty decent, but no one gives a #### about personal experience, least of all YOU.

So, lets look at the data, who gives a #### that this GPU is better than that GPU in Cyberpunk when everything below £1000 is crap? Its ______ irrelevant.
The chart you posted is based on RASTER rendering, everybody and their dog knows that rastered RT will always be lower. Why don't you actually show the upscaling Quality numbers which are around double the fps? Given that upscaling tech has been more efficient than native for a long time now... Or did you forget to mention that because it didn't suit your narrative?

Pipe the **** down please.

Like I said, many of us have been RT enjoyers from day 1, regardless of hardware. It didn't run well at the time and we want more fps? Well there's an upgrade path.... Use it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The chart you posted is based on RASTER rendering, everybody and their dog knows that rastered RT will always be lower. Why don't you actually show the upscaling Quality numbers which are around double the fps? Given that upscaling tech has been more efficient than native for a long time now... Or did you forget to mention that because it didn't suit your narrative?

Pipe the **** down please.

Even on a £600 GPU you would have to use performance or ultra performance mode to get to 60+ at 1440P, those modes at that res don't look good, even with DLSS.

Man of Honour
But they did look good enough to enjoy RT, which is exactly how we were playing back then without a single moan in sight. And ever since DLSS dll version 2.5 came out, the whole DLSS quality argument went into the bin. The 2070 Super cost me £470, I sold it for £460, the 3080 Ti cost me £1000, I sold it for £725 when I was done. If you GPU the correct way, then you're never fighting a losing battle :p

Now I appreciate the FSR experience may not have been quite as happy, but that's got nothing to do with DLSS.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
At 4K there is no helping the 4080 (a £1000+ GPU) get to 60+ on any DLSS setting.

interesting.

EY3m01B.png

Very interesting.

And that's with a 9 month old version of DLSS too, the latest dll file with preset E would clean up the road surface detail along with the use of Ray Reconstruction and ReSTIR GI to remove the RT noise that would have been seen 9 months ago.

Caporegime
With these settings the 7900 GRE is around 60 FPS, the thing with that is now so is the 4070, its no longer 40% ahead, its now less than 10%.

For a lot of these mainstream tech jurneos that's not the correct narrative, bigger bar better, the trouble with that is bigger bar is 27 FPS on a £600 GPU, so no one who understands the value of money gives a ####, because its all just ####, so all they care about is other things that are not RTX.

I don't care about RTX in Cyberpunk, at all, because i don't have £1000+ to spend on a GPU and because Cyberpunk just seems to be all about RTX i don't care about Cyberpunk either, even knowing its not all about RTX, i'll wait for it to land in the £4.99 discount bin, even then i'm still like: is there anything else for £4.99?
It just puts me off it....

xGGJTxI.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really, RT is not punishing at all and even a 3080 can run Cyberpunk at high FPS with RT enabled.

Well no not really, you've gone onto a whinefest about how RT is an Nvidia demo because your card got a low 3dmark
You're actually taking things out of context there. I said a 3080 can run Cyberpunk quite fine with ray tracing which is objectively true. An AMD top tier card however can't, which is also objectively true even though it's generations newer than a 3080. It's path tracing that requires more meat from the NV side.

What part of my post states that a 3080 is "nothing"? Or have you misunderstood something.

Edit* And the steam survey showing a 3060 is the most common GPU doesn't matter, gamers who want to play RT games will have RT capable hardware, as evidenced by gaming forums where people discussing the games with high levels of RT have said hardware whilst the rest moan about it, as evidenced by this and other threads.

It's funny how it's always, always, a certain crowd that are quick to go on the offensive isn't it. You can never accept that you personally don't like RT or accept that you don't have HW capable of good RT so it must be rubbish and a NV GPU selling scheme or something, it's always someone else at fault.
You literally said RT is not punishing and implied you just needed an RTX3080. Then you made fun of the performance of the RX7800XT. I just showed you what most gamers had on Steam - cards worse or no better than an RX7800XT in RT. The fastest Nvidia card upto nearly £500 has worse than an RTX3080! If that is the case,that implies RT is too hard for people to run unless settings are reduced.

Then you seemingly ignore this tidbit:

SLpojqt.jpeg

That survey had 54000 votes on it from an enthusiast community who will have better than average hardware. As Nvidia sells over 70% of the dGPUs every quarter,most of those people are not on AMD hardware but on Nvidia hardware.

Only 15% run RT at high and 85% either switch it off or drop it to low/medium settings. That is not an anti-RT conspiracy. It is the reality a lot of gamers don't simply have fast enough hardware to run it effectively at decent settings. That is the reality I see too.

People can blame AMD,blame consoles,etc but even the fastest Nvidia card under £500 is the RTX4060TI. That is the reality of the shrinkflation which has hampered the market over the last few years.

Man of Honour
With these settings the 7900 GRE is around 60 FPS, the thing with that is now so is the 4070, its no longer 40% ahead, its now less than 10%.

For a lot of these mainstream tech jurneos that's not the correct narrative, bigger bar better, the trouble with that is bigger bar is 27 FPS on a £600 GPU, so no one who understands the value of money gives a ####, because its all just ####, so all they care about is other things that are not RTX.

I don't care about RTX in Cyberpunk, at all, because i don't have £1000+ to spend on a GPU and because Cyberpunk just seems to be all about RTX i don't care about Cyberpunk either, even knowing its not all about RTX, i'll wait for it to land in the £4.99 discount bin, even then i'm still like: is there anything else for £4.99?
It just puts me off it....

xGGJTxI.png
Without upscaling? You can't just compare raster for raster, the vast majority of people in modern games use upscaling because it's actually good. You are continually repeating the whole native res numbers like they mean something when the entire landscape of gaming is heading into upscaled and frame generated rendering.

All of the consoles use upscaling, all of the next gen consoles will use it even more and with frame generation tech too, this won't change one bit in the PC space as upscaling delivers better image quality than native and higher framerates as evidenced by everything DLSS as of late. Neither AMD or Nvidia or Intel care about high end gaming any more either, so utilising modern upscaling tech is how people are and will continue to get better visual quality and framerates.

Caporegime
You literally said RT is not punishing and implied you just needed an RTX3080. Then you made fun of the performance of the RX7800XT. I just showed you what most gamers had on Steam - cards worse or no better than an RX7800XT in RT. The fastest Nvidia card upto nearly £500 has worse than an RTX3080! If that is the case,that implies RT is too hard for people to run unless settings are reduced.

Then you seemingly ignore this tidbit:

SLpojqt.jpeg

That survey had 54000 votes on it from an enthusiast community who will have better than average hardware. As Nvidia sells over 70% of the dGPUs every quarter,most of those people are not on AMD hardware but on Nvidia hardware.

Only 15% run RT at high and 85% either switch it off or drop it to low/medium settings. That is not an anti-RT conspiracy. It is the reality a lot of gamers don't simply have fast enough hardware to run it effectively at decent settings. That is the reality I see too.

People can blame AMD,blame consoles,etc but even the fastest Nvidia card under £500 is the RTX4060TI. That is the reality of the shrinkflation which has hampered the market over the last few years.

I've also told him that in most things outside of Cyberpunk the 7800 XT is just as good at RT as the 4070.

I don't think it even registered with him, too fixated on Cyberpunk to notice anything else, the irony, in my opinion at least is that Cyberpunk is a cancer for RT, i bet that 36% ^^^^ are looking at these silly Cyberpunk RTX charts and thinking nope....

Last edited:
Caporegime
To be clear IMO these Cyberpunk charts give RT a bad name, because 97% of gamers don't buy £1000 GPU's and it just perpetuates the idea that RT is for the ultra elite among the PCMR community only/

Its very exclusive.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cyberpunk comes up a lot because is the only game that uses RT so heavily and is the only game that has such a big demand on a GPU, yet even older GPUs ARE capable of running RT well, and like I pointed out, even a 3080 runs it well and cited the historical evidence.

Every other game (apart from Alan Wake 2 which uses hybrid rendering even in Path tracing yet still isn't as dynamic as Cyberpunk since it uses screen space GI when indoors) just uses drips and drabs of RT, RT lighting, or shadows or reflections, never the full whack of everything RT like Cyberpunk. Just because Cyberpunk might run lower on the current gen of mid range cards doesn't mean it's unusable, charts showing one fps are one thing, but the actual reality is often they run better because drivers get updated, DLSS files get updated and so on.

And like I said at least twice now, those of us who had 2070 Supers class cards back in the day (also remember loads of people had 3070s too) were enjoying 60fps RT at the time, no not at 1440p, but it was still good enough quality fo the time, and then only got better as the DLSS files got updated. None of those cards were anywhere near £1000 cards.

Soldato
I've also told him that in most things outside of Cyberpunk the 7800 XT is just as good at RT as the 4070.

i don't think it even registered with him, too fixated on Cyberpunk to notice anything else, the irony, in my opinion at least is that Cyberpunk is a cancer for RT, i bet that 36% ^^^^ are looking at these silly Cyberpunk RTX charts and thinking nope....

It's a showcase for Nvidia tech,so I can understand why it does well on Nvidia hardware - even DF said the same. I mean you could use various COD games(one of the most popular games out there),to say how AMD is "better" too. In the end it depends on what you want to run. People have to accept it and move on.

Even if you ignore AMD cards in that game,you can just check channels like Daniel Owen which test's mainstream and older hardware. Even he acknowledges even if there are "technical" victories,the experience isn't great unless you drop settings. HUB,GN,etc all think the same.

This is why HUB made that poll. 54000 hardware enthusiasts made their opinion known this year. 85% thought RT was too hard to run easily,so needed to switch it off or reduce settings.

It makes more a difference if you are spending decent money,after all you do want to enable shiny settings. RT is one of them and the higher end cards have less compromises in that regard. If AMD wants to gain more sales at the top,they do need to work on the whole package.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Showcase or not, that is not relevant, what is relevant is that RT in any game runs better on any NV hardware. And as has been pointed out so many times now, why is that? Your finger pointing should be aimed at AMD for not doing anything about it for so long, why do they continually fail at doing anything useful with GPUs? Why did they fail to release their halo sponsored game, Starfield, with their latest version of FSR? And then when it did update, it was actually running better with the modded frame gen and upscaling instead of the official update?

It's crap like that some of you seem to allow yet are first to chime in to point a finger at the next "nvidia showcase".

Back
Top Bottom