• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Soldato
These cards are so revolutionary that we need new metrics to measure performance... because the old metrics make them look **** :D

Genuinely grateful to the people buying and especially pre-ordering these cards, they’re paving the way for great technology for n the future.

I won’t be one of them though; I was excited for the ti, but now I couldn’t give a crap, not at those prices for that performance. Going to buy a hefty laptop and wait for Navi for my desktop.

Good luck with your cards lads, genuinely hope you enjoy them.

Associate
Yes, you can have a very good 4k experience at 4k on a 1080ti - I do. BUT you can't get rock solid 60fps at all times, with some games dipping below 50fps to become noticeably slower on occasion, if you won't accept to go below a certain amount on some of the demanding settings. Usually there are some settings you don't go to max on. And definitely ultra grass on GTA is not possible (while maintaining your other desired settings).
My highest hope for the 2080ti is 60fps ultra grass.

Your hoping you will! if Ray Tracing is on turn with detail shadows, everyone knows with shadows you lose the FPS in 1080p so you will not hit that 60hz mark in 4K

Also watch this

Last edited:
Associate
Came across some RTX footage on the new BF Beta map, although it was recorded

just like on Nvidia show just demos running and all that talk and no FPS was shown ounces! I can now see what's been push down our throats to justified the extra cost @40% it took Nvidia 10 years in the making with ray tracing details shadows, that can easy be made with mods today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Came across some RTX footage on the new BF Beta map, although it was recorded

Disgusting level of deceit going on here I see once again by Nvidia. I've never in 10 or 15 years playing BF games ever seen vasaline smeared all around my gun sight when I ADS, yet according to Nvidia, the only way to get rid of this is to buy a 20 series card or one that supports Ray Tracing. :rolleyes::mad:

Is there no limit to the amount of BS Nvidia will spin to sell a card.

Soldato
Very impressive. The game looks sweet with RTX off but on looks amazeballs!

It does look interesting doesnt it, the devs seem to talk about it like once its integrated it actually solves a lot of problems for them while they might have had to tweak a lot more historically. Whatever anyone says looks positive for the future - BF5 looks lovely with it on as you say!

Soldato
It does look interesting doesnt it, the devs seem to talk about it like once its integrated it actually solves a lot of problems for them while they might have had to tweak a lot more historically. Whatever anyone says looks positive for the future - BF5 looks lovely with it on as you say!
The real Devs probably think it is a nightmare. The product owner and manager thinks it's great...as they don't want to look like they made a mistake. Nothing it that good on interation one.

Soldato
The real Devs probably think it is a nightmare. The product owner and manager thinks it's great...as they don't want to look like they made a mistake. Nothing it that good on interation one.

The developers and graphic designers I’ve spoken too off the record that I know personally think it’s bloody brilliant. If you understand what it represents and what NVIDIA has achieved here, that’s because it is.

Back
Top Bottom