• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Rumour Mill Thread

Soldato
Get a 980. Price drop on Monday I hear.

yeah i want to see what happens with the 980 if we get a good price drop i will then look at performance/price

i just hope we don't get shafted and nvidia release something 980Ti beating within 6 months other than another titan card lol.

Sods laws always dictates everytime i buy a gpu it takes a price dive 1-2 months later lol :mad:

Caporegime
Its mainly the higher vram count that I'm after. As I'm looking to also upgrade to a higher res monitor too. Current cards are ok power wise, but only 3gb versions. But ill hold off until amd release their offerings too. Best to keep all options open.

Man of Honour
OP
I cant see what a 980ti will do that a current 980 cant do now.

The difference between a 980 and 980ti in use is going to feel like the difference between the 970 and 980, not huge.

It is a bit like using my TXs instead of my 980s at normal resolutions they feel the same and it would be hard to tell the difference. It is only @2160p when memory and buses comes into play that you can see the difference.

Caporegime
The only way NVidia will drop the price of the 980 is if they see a large drop in sales.

Indeed. I really don't think we are going to see Nvidia price drops until AMD release some competition.

Edit - Just seen Gibbo's thread, probably will be a drop on the 980 then if the 3XX is imminent from AMD (in the OCUK warehouse!?). Presumably there will be a 980 rival using a refreshed 290X that will undercut the current 980 price.

Last edited:
Associate
Man of Honour
OP

I choose the first site I see with the article in question.:)

Why are you so bothered anyway, do you work for Videocardz ?

The bottom line is if it is True what is posted the website will look good, if it is busted it will look bad for them. If websites post stuff they should get their facts right !!!

Man of Honour
OP
He is videocardz! :p

Check his name + author of all the articles on vc. ;)

Perhaps we should only post the origin site where possible.

Sometimes it is difficult trying to find the origin site and lets face it if a website like VideocardZ or any of the others do post an article the onus is on them to find the original source, anything less would be bad journalism.

Man of Honour
OP
In this case the rumour originates from expreview:

http://www.expreview.com/40812.html

If Websites want to publish stuff found on Chinese forums as fact and it turns out to be incorrect that is not my problem.:)

For this thread I would like to see people posting articles from as wide a range of websites as possible so sites like VidoecardZ don't get an unfairly large amount of articles linked. The qualification though is it has to be a website and not another forum.

Back
Top Bottom