• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
Tried it it still did it...

Too little info for any diagnosis.
Parts should work fine without stutter.

What resolution is the screen? 4K, 1440p, 1080p
Have you run any CPU / GPU benchmarks to make sure each is performing as expected?
Do you have the same stutter in all games? Examples of games with the issue?
What settings are you using in games, does it still stutter at low / medium ?
What FPS are reported when gaming?
What temperature are the CPU and GPU reporting under load?

Etc.

Associate
Too little info for any diagnosis.
Parts should work fine without stutter.

What resolution is the screen? 4K, 1440p, 1080p
Have you run any CPU / GPU benchmarks to make sure each is performing as expected?
Do you have the same stutter in all games? Examples of games with the issue?
What settings are you using in games, does it still stutter at low / medium ?
What FPS are reported when gaming?
What temperature are the CPU and GPU reporting under load?

Etc.
Haven't had a chance to run any test.. but fps around 95 plus on ultra, then when it stutters it goes down in the 30s just for a split second.. but enough to be annoying.. my older PC didn't do those things.. only game I normally play is pubg! Resolution is 1080p 60hz.. just did a fresh install to try again.. used cccleaner to remove Xbox apps as I seen in another post that could be an issue

Soldato
Haven't had a chance to run any test.. but fps around 95 plus on ultra, then when it stutters it goes down in the 30s just for a split second.. but enough to be annoying.. my older PC didn't do those things.. only game I normally play is pubg! Resolution is 1080p 60hz.. just did a fresh install to try again.. used cccleaner to remove Xbox apps as I seen in another post that could be an issue

There are specific issues with PubG stutter on a broad mix of hardware. I'd start by googling PubG stutter and look for some suggested fixes.

Soldato
Heres a thing to check, go into the mobo bios and check the ram voltage. I've done a few builds with asrock boards and all have defaulted Dram volatge to 1.2v where it should be 1.35v ish. thsi cured the stuttering I was getting

Associate
do you get a lot
Hello all

PS: Also on frames higher than 120 fps there is a loud coil whine (seems common, especially for that model), and with an aggressive fan curve it's a jet engine.
PS: DDU done in safe mode before inserting the card, with auto update stopped, no concerns there.

Edit: boy did I pick the right time to make my first post here...

do you get a lot of this ? I thought the coil whine is a defect is just this card or others a well, also are the fans noisy ? as I was looking at this card cheers

Associate
do you get a lot

do you get a lot of this ? I thought the coil whine is a defect is just this card or others a well, also are the fans noisy ? as I was looking at this card cheers

Coil whine isn't a defect depending on what your definition is for a defect is. It doesn't gimp performance if it has coil whine and as far as I know it doesn't mean the components which produce this noise will degrade quicker. People try to RMA loud cards because for some that's unacceptable, not everyone games with a headset, the PC could be in a common room, etc. Anyway, yes, when my card is on load, drawing a lot of power and producing high frame rate (over 100~) it has coil whine, quite loud. On idle, browsing, watching videos, it's completely silent. Fans are also loud when they are on max rpm. The standard fan curve is limited to 50% though, so on stock settings the max fan speed is 1800rpm, which isn't loud for my standards. In any case I have 4x case fans, 2 of which are plugged into the aiopump and wpump headers, so they are at max all the time, so it doesn't matter if I have a quiet card or not, sadly :(

Edit: some people say that PSU compatibility is sometimes cause for loud coil whine but most often it's an attribute of the card, so switching/upgrading PSU might reduce the sound but never remove it.

Last edited:
Associate
Pulse was always recommended as it was way cheaper than the PowerColor Red Dragon.

Now that they are the same price I'd choose the triple fan PowerColor over the dual fan Pulse if his case is big enough, also it has a higher boost clock.

They have the wrong boost speed on the PowerColor webpage info.. it says 1478MHz when its actually 1590MHz.

Heres my Red Dragon in GPUZ showing defaults.

9FxiMRg.png

Red Dragon is a long card though (around 330mm length).

Here is a pic of it next to my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480.

DoMX2sc.png
Thanks for the info

Associate
There are specific issues with PubG stutter on a broad mix of hardware. I'd start by googling PubG stutter and look for some suggested fixes.
The update before last also introduced stuttering. They have quickly patched this however. If you have not been on it for a few days you will have an update that fixes the stuttering

Associate
Strangest thing installed a 1tb mechanical drive and loaded games on it.. much more stable fps and even higher by like 10-15 fps.. seems to fixed the issue so far.. only thing different other than windows updating

Associate
do you get a lot

As a follow-up after a few days of use at stock the driver crash issue didn't appear again so I went ahead with tweaking. I did a couple of tests/games at 230W~ power limit just to check, and in the same conditions as previously the coil whine was significantly reduced. It was there but I had to lean right next to the back of the case to hear it.

Soldato
Got a 56 recently but having nothing but issues with games on it like gta 5 stutter when going fast, no man sky loading screen takes ages and shows 7fps and after when u turn it stutters like pauses and catches up and gta 4 wont even go past loading screen after clicking start game it just black screens with some audio playing and flashes 2 different shades of black screen. Wondering if its the latest drivers if so is there a magic driver everyone is using for this card (the pulse).

Associate
Got a 56 recently but having nothing but issues with games on it like gta 5 stutter when going fast, no man sky loading screen takes ages and shows 7fps and after when u turn it stutters like pauses and catches up and gta 4 wont even go past loading screen after clicking start game it just black screens with some audio playing and flashes 2 different shades of black screen. Wondering if its the latest drivers if so is there a magic driver everyone is using for this card (the pulse).

What psu are you running ?

Associate
Vegas are different with transient spikes, they like good clean power otherwise they run like poo,

620 should be okay though, is Radeon chill or anything like that on in settings ? If it is then it off, same as frame capping.

icG

icG

Associate
Anyone who is using the MSI Airboost -- could you share your settings and monitor?; I'm trying to tweak it to be relatively silent so, Fan Speed max 50%. I'm using it with a 27 inch 1440p 144hz monitor and can get a bit loud in some games. I don't intend to reach 144hz, I'd rather keep them in the 90s range if that means just undervolting and reducing the speeds a bit.

Associate
Hope someone can help.

My son got an Overclockers PC for Xmas, following spec -
Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 56 Gaming OC 8GB
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
8GB ram

He recently got a a new monitor iiyama G-master 1080 144hz freesync monitor.

Fortnite is the only game he plays but he is saying the FPS keep dropping significantly and the frames lag or stutter.

Free sync is enabled and the settings in Fortnite have been dropped.

A quick search resulted numerous issues with this particular graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom