• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Can anyone help me? I tried to install a Morpheus last night and now i have no signal. I have tried various things but there's nothing happening with it. Lights come on and fans spin but no signal. What's the chances i've cracked the die as there's no visible damage anywhere?
Very unhappy, maybe ex vega 56 owner

Associate
I've tried that as well. I have managed to boot the computer with another old GPU in and in ubuntu through command line i can see both cards but there's no signal. does anyone know if i had damaged the die if it would still show up a a PCI device or not?

Soldato
I'm thinking about upgrading to a 1440p ultrawide. Is the Vega upto driving it?

I went to 1440p last month and had the concern that the VEGA wouldn't be up to it too. I have since dropped a 64 BIOS on it and seems I couldn't have been more wrong to my pleasant surprise!. Even when undervolted to 950mv and underclocked so P7 state is same as P6 it is flying along and staying nice and cool to boot, around 70 degrees full load at 2100rpm max fan duty. Thanks to the BIOS swap I have much more memory headroom and running 24/7 at 1050mhz is absolutely fine (Samsung HBM) and gives a nice boost

Have 75hz freesync panel and at 1440p I am sat at 75fps on most stuff I play. If it does drop at all Freesync sorts it out anyway :)

Card is a powercolor ref. design blower card for reference

Associate
I run 1440p (not ultrawide though) with mine, and it manages it excellently. In some titles you might have to turn down a couple of very expensive settings to keep the minimum framerate within freesync range, but we're talking settings that you'll hardly notice a difference with.

Associate
Glad to see the convo is still flowing on this thread...shows how good the vega 56 is. Mine cost me a bargain price of £209 inc delivery 10 months ago from OC, a refurb with 3 months warranty. Been playing Jedi Last Order today and MSI afterburner shows a maximum request of almost 7gb HBM. I know thats just a request, but glad I didnt buy something with just 6gb VRAM.

Associate
If anyone is still troubled with a stable overclock on their V56, I just thought I would log in to post my settings. My settings seemed to help a few people out several months ago. I was a tad higher those few months ago, but the settings somehow became a little unstable over time (driver updates maybe)?...Vega 56 Pulse.

Currently

MV State 0 - N/A, 1 - 900, 2 - 950, 3 - 960, 4 - 970, 5 - 980, 6 - 1015, 7 - 1020
Power limit set to 15%
HBM overclocked to 945Mhz
GPU-Z shows 1637Mhz clock, most games result arround a max of 1560-1600MHz.
Max fan set at 75% at 72 degrees c.
Furmark stress max temps are - 70c GPU, 98c hot spot, memory 78c, GPU VRM 89c, SOC VRM 89c, Mem VRM 87c with 210 watt power draw. All well within specification.
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/194726/194726
I read a samsung data sheet a while back that stated their HBM starts to throttle at 80c.

Soldato
Yeah, i'm just running a Powercolor Red Dragon 56 with no undervolting or 64 BIOS and it it performs very well @ 1440p. As others have noted you really need that extra 2GB of VRAM, unless you're really in the budget end of the market (in which case you'll be at 1080p anyway), buying anything less than 8GB is just daft these days.

Associate
I added a 4 TB hard drive to my server... ASUS P5E on the bottom two plugs??
New drive is running from a fast 180mb to slower than floppy disk in seconds

Associate
hi all

I just buitl my pc a x570 gigabyte master 3900x and pluged in a Sapphire Vega 56 now in the bios and when windows boots the fasn on the card spin but soonas i am in windows they stop. I looked at the amd software and it says fans a 0 rpm and the driver is 20.2.2. this is windows 10 pro and a clean install and clean driver install

is this normal ? as the

clock speed 30mhz
power con 6w
current temp 33c

is this becasue its just sitting doing nothing ?

thanks for any help

Back
Top Bottom