• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
I bought my 56 from here and even with shipping I still saved $50 over what the AUD LAUNCH price was, let alone what the street was demanding.

On the flip side, nobody explodes on our trains (yet).
Hope you dont mean literally shipping :D I did that from Colorado once for an ebay bargain but it took from sept till December. Is Aus more reasonable on import taxes

Soldato
So i failed, the eiswolf Vince bought that he sent to me to try and make work has something wrong with it, maybe the pump if i can resurrect my beaten spirit I will test that.
I took it apart twice totalling 10+ hours work, I made sure everything was immaculate, from pad placement to thermal compound to screws and alignment.

I managed to get idle temps of hmb core and hotspot to 26.C but under load the core and hbm shot to 50 -60 -70 -80 and the hotspot instantly to 100.C and kept climbing to 110.C where it lingered.
If anyone has an eiswolf and can offer some advice it would be great, otherwise I will send this back to Vince with many thanks.

I have photos I will put up soon, but felt no urgency as I failed, and literally couldn't do anything better other than (and Vince agreed) use better thermal pads and test if pump even is working properly.

Man of Honour
So i failed, the eiswolf Vince bought that he sent to me to try and make work has something wrong with it, maybe the pump if i can resurrect my beaten spirit I will test that.
I took it apart twice totalling 10+ hours work, I made sure everything was immaculate, from pad placement to thermal compound to screws and alignment.

I managed to get idle temps of hmb core and hotspot to 26.C but under load the core and hbm shot to 50 -60 -70 -80 and the hotspot instantly to 100.C and kept climbing to 110.C where it lingered.
If anyone has an eiswolf and can offer some advice it would be great, otherwise I will send this back to Vince with many thanks.

I have photos I will put up soon, but felt no urgency as I failed, and literally couldn't do anything better other than (and Vince agreed) use better thermal pads and test if pump even is working properly.

Sad times. This could have been so much better if they spent a little more time making it better. All that's left now is ripping it apart to test the pump or one better set it on fire and walk away.

Associate
Sad times. This could have been so much better if they spent a little more time making it better. All that's left now is ripping it apart to test the pump or one better set it on fire and walk away.
Hi Guys,

@Vince : Your probs with the Eiswolf put me off it so I decided on the EK route - not fitted yet. This was not before I had it ordered and delivered though...

@Illuminist : If you want to try again with an unused Vega Eiswolf GPX-Pro (no radiator) let me know and we can come to an arrangement.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Me too, looks like I'm going with plan b and look for a second hand nzxt g10 and modify to fit vega, wish there was something I could buy and just plonk on

am surprised they haven't released something that will work with vega without modifying as everyone will be all over it. dunno whether to grab a morpheus 2 or not as i had my heart set on a aio.

Soldato
Hi Guys,

@Vince : Your probs with the Eiswolf put me off it so I decided on the EK route - not fitted yet. This was not before I had it ordered and delivered though...

@Illuminist : If you want to try again with an unused Vega Eiswolf GPX-Pro (no radiator) let me know and we can come to an arrangement.
I would have to check with Vince how that would work out, or if he would rather do that, as it is his eiswolf i possess.

But if so then yes I would love that and would obviously sort you out properly for the joy it brought.

Associate
I would have to check with Vince how that would work out, or if he would rather do that, as it is his eiswolf i possess.

But if so then yes I would love that and would obviously sort you out properly for the joy it brought.

Ok, sort it with Vince and let me know. At least we'll get to know if his block and pump are faulty.

Soldato
Do what you want lads. I've written off the eiswolf so break it, burn it, nuke it from orbit, frame it... do what you want with it. To me it's no good. :D
Hi Guys,

Ok then, sounds like Vince is pretty sure :D
How do we arrange this willb1967 ?

Man of Honour
@Illuminist
Not sure. How did you arrange it with Vince?
(What's the "Trust" option for?)

Trust is how it should be done and is what we use in the members market to rate buyers and sellers. You should sign up to trust and look at mine for example, Illuminist if i remember rightly was having issues with trust so I sent him my steam details and invited him to have a chat in my mumble server. We sorted it there, I sent him the stuff, he covered postage - I laughed when it all went wrong :)

Edit: Thinking about it, I am not even sure these things are allowed outside of the members market if there is money changing hands. You would have to ask one of the dons as I literally have no idea. I just wanted to see if somebody else had the same results as me. It does look like some of the vega 64 boys have got it working though so perhaps there is a difference between the 56 and 64 that this thing doesn't cater for?

Last edited:
Associate
Trust is how it should be done, but Illuminist was having issues so I sent him my steam details and invited him to have a chat in my mumble server. We sorted it there, I sent him the stuff, he covered postage - I laughed when it all went wrong :)

Edit: Thinking about it, I am not even sure these things are allowed outside of the members market if there is money changing hands. You would have to ask one of the dons as I literally have no idea.

I'm on steam as well but just use it for playing games. Hopefully can do the same.
More of a technical exercise for me if it works properly and @Illuminist want's to keep we can sort something from there. (If it doesn't then maybe a refund is possible?)
I don't know any of the don's.

Soldato
I'm on steam as well but just use it for playing games. Hopefully can do the same.
More of a technical exercise for me if it works properly and @Illuminist want's to keep we can sort something from there. (If it doesn't then maybe a refund is possible?)
I don't know any of the don's.
Yeah trust just doesn't work in any way shape or form for me, i try to log in and it says username not found....

How are you guys applying the thermal paste to the GPU core and HBM? Ek recommended a cross on all three.
The hot-spot sits between the core and memory so make sure you have enough paste on there.

@Vince @Illuminist

I used the first time with the eiswolf a spread over everything and then a small cross on the copper of the cooler, the second time i removed it from the cooler and still the same
When i put the stock cooler back on i filled all the channels between the core and memory and its running better than when i first got it now.

Im pretty sure if vinces 10+ hours and two times dissasemble and my 2 times and 10+ hours couldn't get it to work that there is something wrong with it. We thought the pump but cannot be 100%

Back
Top Bottom