• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Yeah. Not great, tbh.

Scan has a few after-market Vegas on pre-order for the 31st of January at £750 - the Sapphire Nitro+ caught my eye, but it's got 3 8-pin connectors D:

I don't think I'd see that much difference going from my R9 390 to a RX 580 - it'd be slight IIRC?

I don't fancy Nvidia at all - I swore way-back-when that I'd never buy another based on their pricing tactics. AMD were always the cost efficient choice for me :p

For £750 you can get a 1080ti. I was with ATI/AMD for long time after ti4200, only switched back to NV with 970 and sadly AMD no longer cost efficient now.

Associate
Nvidias cards are also starting to go for stupid prices as well so your totally screwed.
For £750 you can get a 1080ti. I was with ATI/AMD for long time after ti4200, only switched back to NV with 970 and sadly AMD no longer cost efficient now.

Yup.

Settled on the RX Strix OC 8GB. It's a step down from the Vega 56, but I cannot justify spending nearly £1000 for a card.

The 580'll let me use my monitors and VR together, and give me a boost over the R9 390 anyway.

Gotta say thanks for all the support you guys have given me when I was troubleshooting. Shame I'm not part of the '56 crew' anymore :p

Soldato
Hi guys.

I've just got a v56 Sapphire Nitro+, as in the offer thread. It's supposed to have RGB LED effects but they aren't showing in Trixx, just no option to enable them, the LEDs around the fan aren't on either. It's not just me who has a card like this from the offer and I've found posts on reddit but no solution other than RMA it, that user got their card from caseking oddly enough.

Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Cheers for any help

Permabanned
Permabanned
Hi guys.

I've just got a v56 Sapphire Nitro+, as in the offer thread. It's supposed to have RGB LED effects but they aren't showing in Trixx, just no option to enable them, the LEDs around the fan aren't on either. It's not just me who has a card like this from the offer and I've found posts on reddit but no solution other than RMA it, that user got their card from caseking oddly enough.

Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Cheers for any help

It's a separate software called TriXX Nitro Glow I thought the same thing but found it on the Sapphire website in the end.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/product...D-4931-4156-9DB5-0EFC5453C6D5&prev=1&lang=eng

It's under download which isn't far from the top of the page.

Soldato
It's a separate software called TriXX Nitro Glow I thought the same thing but found it on the Sapphire website in the end.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/product...D-4931-4156-9DB5-0EFC5453C6D5&prev=1&lang=eng

It's under download which isn't far from the top of the page.

Awesome, you're a star. That has fixed the cards RGB. Still not getting the fan surrounds lighting up, Is there a jumper or something I'm missing? The only manuals enclosed are for the system fan headers and the support brace, ha.

Permabanned
Awesome, you're a star. That has fixed the cards RGB. Still not getting the fan surrounds lighting up, Is there a jumper or something I'm missing? The only manuals enclosed are for the system fan headers and the support brace, ha.

That sounds like something's wrong, Here's mine, If your front isn't lit up like this it sounds like a fault, I've just had a look at the software and I can't see anything that turns just that off but play around with it to see if it changes anything. If not either send an email to Sapphire or talk to them on there own forum, maybe they can suggest something.

751Lm1Oh.jpg

Soldato
That sounds like something's wrong, Here's mine, If your front isn't lit up like this it sounds like a fault, I've just had a look at the software and I can't see anything that turns just that off but play around with it to see if it changes anything. If not either send an email to Sapphire or talk to them on there own forum, maybe they can suggest something.

751Lm1Oh.jpg

Cheers, man. I can see that your's are working fine and you have a 3x8pin pcie variant, mine is 2x8pin. Did you get yours in the OCUK deal?

Soldato

Are you sure they're supposed too? Looking at Sapphires site only the Nitro 56 Limited Edition has the light up shroud, the standard Nitro 56 only has the light up backplate. If yours has two 8pins I would expect it to be the regular version with non RGB shroud.

You can easily check which version you have in GPUz, the Nitro 56 has a 1266MHz base clock and the Nitro LE has 1305Mhz.

Back
Top Bottom