• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
After running it in my rig and then testing it on some algorithms mining, when undervolted this card seems to only consume ~200w if you want it to. OK if you were hammering it on a heavy game title then you could be guzzling much more on default settings but I would still guess no more than 400w?

Obviously if I had a 650w or maybe a 600w I would not be overclocking it without toning down the power draw. Maybe others with wall monitors can share their numbers to get a feel on its actual draw during flat out gaming.

Associate
After running it in my rig and then testing it on some algorithms mining, when undervolted this card seems to only consume ~200w if you want it to. OK if you were hammering it on a heavy game title then you could be guzzling much more on default settings but I would still guess no more than 400w?

Obviously if I had a 650w or maybe a 600w I would not be overclocking it without toning down the power draw. Maybe others with wall monitors can share their numbers to get a feel on its actual draw during flat out gaming.
ive seen 160w in bf5 at 70fps capped, although uncapped its normally around 200w; max ive seen during benching balls to the wall is around 220w undervolted. obviously this is different card to card.

Soldato
Maybe others with wall monitors can share their numbers to get a feel on its actual draw during flat out gaming.
using the settings a few pages back highest draw i have seen on a digital wall plug monitor has been around 440w during gaming/stress testing - this is with an R5 1600 @ 3.8, 16gb ram, several fans and a cpu cooling loop. personally i'm running a superflower 650w platinum.

EDIT: APOLOGIES THIS IS A V64. I’m in the wrong thread!!

Last edited:
Soldato
im a bit hesitant in "tweaking" my Red Dragon 56 with the tools..:confused:

can someone give me a few basic values to set on WattMan to get that little bit better performance / temps on it.

Thnaks guys!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
using the settings a few pages back highest draw i have seen on a digital wall plug monitor has been around 440w during gaming/stress testing - this is with an R5 1600 @ 3.8, 16gb ram, several fans and a cpu cooling loop. personally i'm running a superflower 650w platinum.

So thats total system draw, then we can assume around 380w for the card itself conservatively. I know the box says something like a 700w supply minimum but I think they are just covering their backs to be fair. A quality unit that slightly under could be ample if your confident with changing settings.

Soldato
So thats total system draw, then we can assume around 380w for the card itself conservatively. I know the box says something like a 700w supply minimum but I think they are just covering their backs to be fair. A quality unit that slightly under could be ample if your confident with changing settings.
I’d say possibly less than 380w draw to be be honest. But yea, without wanting to cause someone to blow their house up, a good quality 650w psu should be more than capable - assuming they aren’t running a 250w oc’d cpu!

EDIT: APOLOGIES THIS IS A V64. I’m in the wrong thread!!

Last edited:
Soldato
So ive just installed my Vega 56 and now the display driver keeps crashing every few minutes. It recovers but obviusly it's not usable like this.

I've used DDU but that hasn't helpped.

I had this with one of my Fury X cards and couldn't solve it but my other Fury X card seemed fine. Could the card be faulty?

Soldato
hmm, got the settings dialled in guys..the issue im seeing now though, is in AfterBurner the power limit, is still at 0??

I done the tweaking though WattMan..

Back
Top Bottom