• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
So ive just installed my Vega 56 and now the display driver keeps crashing every few minutes. It recovers but obviusly it's not usable like this.

I've used DDU but that hasn't helpped.

I had this with one of my Fury X cards and couldn't solve it but my other Fury X card seemed fine. Could the card be faulty?
have you lowered the volts by any chance? if so might be youve gone to far? try increasing and see how you get on if at stock you may have received a bad one.

Associate
I thought I might as well cross-post in here to see if anyone can help. I've just installed a Vega 56 into my Z68 based motherboard and I'm not getting any display. I've updated the BIOS to the latest one I can find (beta :( ) and it hasn't helped.

Anyone managed to get this card working on an older board?

My own thread is HERE

Associate
I thought I might as well cross-post in here to see if anyone can help. I've just installed a Vega 56 into my Z68 based motherboard and I'm not getting any display. I've updated the BIOS to the latest one I can find (beta :( ) and it hasn't helped.

Anyone managed to get this card working on an older board?

My own thread is HERE

Tried tweaking the power cables on the card, I have display! Panic over :D

Associate
No, not done that yet. RadeonSettings is one of the things thst seem to cause the driver to crash.
thats probably not a good sign, sounds like its either unstable at stock volts which may require an RMA, or something else is going off. i know you have DDU'd but could you test the card in another machine to see if you get the same issue? would indicate if its a hardware or software issue.

Tried tweaking the power cables on the card, I have display! Panic over :D
yay good news!

Soldato
thats probably not a good sign, sounds like its either unstable at stock volts which may require an RMA, or something else is going off. i know you have DDU'd but could you test the card in another machine to see if you get the same issue? would indicate if its a hardware or software issue.

yay good news!
Can't really test in another machine.
The fact I had the same thing with my Fury X cards and one worked and one didn't has me worried that this is a card fault.

EDIT: meant to type Fury X but typed Vega

Last edited:
Associate
Can't really test in another machine.
The fact I had the same thing with my Vega cards and one worked and one didn't has me worried that this is a card fault.
seems to be a bit of a coincidence, if you don't want to reinstall windows which i guess you don't. if you have a spare hard drive, you could try unplugging your current drive/s. plugging the spare in and installing windows fresh, install the latest amd driver, if you get the same issue its hardware, if not its something on your daily OS install. might be worth a shot.

Associate
there's a few recent posts on here where people have replaced the pads, other than that not sure. even so personally i would still choose the pusle. asus have crap customer service and why bother with a company that cant be bothered with you when it counts?

Soldato
I think that its more likely something else wrong with your system if two different cards have ended up going that way Googaly. You get a faulty card now and again but unlikely two different models over varying generations showing the same issue.

I've had:
290X (fine)
GTX 980 (fine)
Fury X (driver issues)
Fury X (different one) (fine)
Vega 56 (driver issues)

Not sure what's likely wrong with the system that would cause one Fury X not to work but the other one does. Don't even know what to test for if it was something to do with the system.

Associate
I've had:
290X (fine)
GTX 980 (fine)
Fury X (driver issues)
Fury X (different one) (fine)
Vega 56 (driver issues)

Not sure what's likely wrong with the system that would cause one Fury X not to work but the other one does. Don't even know what to test for if it was something to do with the system.
the normal check for vega is PSU, it tends to weed out the weak amonst them :D, what psu do you have?

Back
Top Bottom