• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I'm guessing you have modified power play tables in the registry to allow more than +50% power target.

no, just the 50% power limit applied.

I think tony has a better than average chip.
But seems to be acting like his chip represents the majority.

Going by my own personal experiences, all three Vega 64 that I've had in my possession since release had clocked above 1700mhz, the average being around 1760mhz you could say. Mine at 1825/1100, and two others at 1750/1100 and 1730/1080. Reading around on various forums, I've seen more than a fair share above 1700mhz when on water and like I said the 3 I had all clocked up around that mark. That's why I made that comment. But I guess it's also fair to say that people will more than likely post up good results on forums than bad results showing their card in bad light.

Care to share your settings and results?

There's a fair bit scattered around a lot earlier in these posts and others for benching Vega64 and a few videos on my Youtube channel showing my wattman settings when I first got the card and trying to work out best settings. I've not rebenched of late due to moving house, decorating etc and benching not really my thing at the best of times, I like clock speeds but I'm not into the whole one up manship of results. The rest of my rig is nowhere near good enough to really hit high in the benchmark tables anyway, but originally just put them up for reference. I think my very last bench was at 1752/1100mhz, hit over 25k in graphics score i think if memory serves me correct.

heres latest Wattman just quickly, click for full size

Project Cars 2 with overlay so you get an idea of the numbers and load on the GPU, few other vids up also you can click around in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not doubt that you correct here. But some people just like these projects.

I enjoy these sort of projects when there is a need to do something you couldn't do otherwise. But it just feels pointless when it can be done better already. Each to there own though.

Last edited:
Associate
Same block I went for, Always preferred the copper look to nickel personally. :D

Yeah I like copper to nickel, mine had some discolor on bottom side "out of the box". Some lemon juice and cotton buds sorted it :) .

your on water man, should be able to push that baby to 1750mhz core no sweat, even if you have to crank 1200mv through it :)

My GPU doesn't like LC VBIOS at all, I tried it twice. So I believe it just can't sustain the clocks. I am aiming for another higher profile ;) . This one is rock solid so far in plenty of games I tried and compute. It also benches quite tight, for example I have seen lower SP 4K results than my profile where a user had higher clocks. So they must have either throttled or ACG/AVFS/PowerTune controlled their frequency.

On OCN a member who I have known for sometime and has been using WC longer than me, had lower SP 4K result at stock, with WC vs my card. Perhaps some cards have better clocking under ACG/AVFS resulting in better performance. See quote and my reply here.

I do believe you and Matt have some real nice samples, I also think TrixX does. I agree with him in that there is vast difference between VEGA samples.

Mine sits at -125mv at 1680 which results in about sustained 1600MHZ when gaming. But I can't get much more unless I smash the volts back through it.

That is mighty fine IMO. My profile is ~1600MHz on average and ~+25MHz depending on 3D load. Compute is ~1675MHz and peaks ~+25MHz at times.

Now this is exactly a case how even though you have vastly differing set clock to my profile we see same sustained clocks. Would you be able to do a HML file from MSI AB showing clocks/volts, etc. In this post is a zip, grab the one named 104_Final_PASS and you will see monitoring data for a few 3D loads and of length.

Associate
Yeah I just checked your Firestrike run on the 17.11.1 drivers and it matched what I thought it would do if set to 1825MHz, which is why I was confused with your earlier claims of 1800+. Running under full load in FS you get around 1768-1770MHz which would equate to around 1750-1760MHz in Superposition. That's why I use Superposition as a guide rather than gaming performance. I get some insane clocks in some games, but that doesn't mean it's being loaded at them. Under load I can push mine to around 1730MHz actual in Superposition but that's 1200mv and I've not done consistent back to back runs. Plus up that high mine doesn't like 1200mv for some reason.

Yours is indeed rare silicon and to have had 3 good cards with one being excellent is a feat in and of itself. My friend bought one at the same time as me, his can't go above stock speeds on the stock air bios and can't undervolt much at all.

Soldato
Was a brain fart to be fair, first post was meant to read 1700mhz. I spent days with this card on launch reading from forum to forum trying to understand the card better. Learning about the states, underclocking, overvolting, trying to fathom the voltage dips and clock fluctuations in gaming and benching and a good amount of time referencing my results for others to try with their card to help them understand. It's got nothing to do with flexing, its about showing a great card and a success. I believe a lot of potential is left untapped in this card and I want everyone to get the most out of the GPU. It's had a lot of unfair press, but actually it's a bloody good card that has loads of headroom when its put on water. Once it gets up and above 1700/1050 it pulls well clear of a 1080 yet many dont want to acknowledge that. Ive also built 2 other gaming pc's for customers with vega64 in them, 1 sits comfortably at 1752/1100 and the other is at 1732/1080. Mine is the only one in a custom loop, but the others are still on water with AIO.

Still happy with your purchase Tony?

Soldato
I do believe you and Matt have some real nice samples, I also think TrixX does. I agree with him in that there is vast difference between VEGA samples.

There are a few guys on here with lovely samples, I even saw one guy on Guru3d hitting 1750mhz with only 1080mv...I'd trade that in a heart beat for my 1825mhz @ 1220mv. The difference between 1750mhz and 1800mhz when gaming would prob be a couple frames at most I'm guessing, but I'd love the reduced voltage over the higher clock speed.

Still happy with your purchase Tony?

Absolutely, it's a lovely card with exceptional build quality in my opinion. When I was stripping it down, the overall package really did impress me, the components and finish was top drawer. At the time, £449 felt like a lot, but as things turned out, it now feels like a steal. And of course the gaming performance is fantastic, I'm able to really push High and Ultra settings at 1440p and get around 100fps im most games. Someone that saw my PC on facebook is desperate to buy it, and has offered crazy money for it, but at the moment I just don't want to get rid of it even though the CPU,mobo and RAM is so old...gaming is just to much of a joy with it, that says a lot for Vega64.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely, it's a lovely card with exceptional build quality in my opinion. When I was stripping it down, the overall package really did impress me, the components and finish was top drawer. At the time, £449 felt like a lot, but as things turned out, it now feels like a steal. And of course the gaming performance is fantastic, I'm able to really push High and Ultra settings at 1440p and get around 100fps im most games. Someone that saw my PC on facebook is desperate to buy it, and has offered crazy money for it, but at the moment I just don't want to get rid of it even though the CPU,mobo and RAM is so old...gaming is just to much of a joy with it, that says a lot for Vega64.

Great to hear and glad you are still happy because you took the plunge when nobody else really knew anything much about Vega.

Personally I think there is a lot left in the tank for Vega. Just hope AMD can get most of that performance out soon!!

Associate
There are a few guys on here with lovely samples, I even saw one guy on Guru3d hitting 1750mhz with only 1080mv...I'd trade that in a heart beat for my 1825mhz @ 1220mv. The difference between 1750mhz and 1800mhz when gaming would prob be a couple frames at most I'm guessing, but I'd love the reduced voltage over the higher clock speed.

I like tweaking, testing performance and VEGA with it's ACG/AVFS tech really is tweakers heaven for sure :) . I have tested DPM7: 1682MHz with a like increase from stock to DPM6, this does result in ~40MHz more sustained clocks than using DPM7: 1642MHz. Although in sustained stability testing the profile has issues, even though I have bumped card to 1150mV vs 1125mV. If I knock DPM7 to 1672MHz then it is stable with 1150mV, this has minor affect on clocks under load. I believe I run out of what I deem as voltage headroom for 24/7 use.

I agree in daily use and say if a user is using FreeSync the gains in performance maybe not perceptible or add to the gaming experience. Yes based on voltage use/power I really see no need for using the OC profile daily TBH. I had my Fury X 1145MHz ~1.268V VID (+56mV), HBM 545MHz (+25mV) as an experiment for ~1yr. The last 6mths I kept it at stock TBH.

Caporegime
Can you guys test Call Of Duty WW2 single player campaign and complete the first mission with HBM at 1100 and tell me if you see flashing like artifacts as you play through the level?

I see the same behaviour on two different cards and have to lower HBM to 1060Mhz for the artifacts to stop. First game i have seen this behaviour.

Associate
Can you guys test Call Of Duty WW2 single player campaign and complete the first mission with HBM at 1100 and tell me if you see flashing like artifacts as you play through the level?

I see the same behaviour on two different cards and have to lower HBM to 1060Mhz for the artifacts to stop. First game i have seen this behaviour.
I've seen a couple of people on the OC.net forums saying CoD WW2 is pretty nuts for stressing the gfx.

Unfortunately I didn't get it, so can't confirm on the CoD front.

Associate
SWBF, 1440P Ultra, everytime I glanced at in game FPS counter was ~140 (FRTC I had set), ~1625MHz sustained in game, MSI AB HML ZIP link.

WattMan Profile:-
  • HBCC: Off
  • DPM6: 1557MHz 975mV
  • DPM7: 1642MHz 1125mV
  • HBM: 1100MHz 975mV
  • PowerLimit: 38%
I've been using a newer RX VEGA 64 VBIOS than what my card came with, TPU link.

Associate
Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes before it starts. Hopefully Tony or some others here can test and confirm.

On mine vega 64 LC sample I’ve seen exactly the same behaviour in Witcher 3 with memory OCed to @1100, everything is fine if I’m running @1070

Back
Top Bottom