• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I do not believe so. Go to the Timespy, select Benchmarks and go to Firestrike at the bottom.
aye yes, quite right you are. I'll give that run later. just trying to figure out if it's worth trying to get a bit more out of the card. only got a 650w psu but even as the card stands the pc is only drawing about 430w at the plug so should be a little bit of oc'ing headroom available.

Caporegime
Guys need some help, suspect GPU is root of my issues as I keep crashing from black ops 4 and occasionally even WoW. (Computer locking for 5+ seconds or blue screen reboot - bad pool caller /system thread exception not handled)

Currently running memtest to rule out the ram (3/4 passes done with 2 errors on addr6)

I’ve done the full driver uninstall, clean reinstall via safe mode and latest version. Is there anything I can do to confirm it’s the GPU causing issue?

Soldato
Likely the HBM voltage wasn't taking. 1.35v from 1.25v could do it...
The Vega reference I got has 1.356v on HBM, with both it's BIOS. (8769 & 8770).
Initial cards with 8707/8706 BIOS seems have 1.25v on HBM.
Wondering if there's a way to mod the 8892 BIOS to have the higher HBM voltage of the LC BIOS.

All reference V56 bioses have hbm voltage at 1.25v, all reference v64 bioses have hbm voltage at 1.35v

Soldato
Guys need some help, suspect GPU is root of my issues as I keep crashing from black ops 4 and occasionally even WoW. (Computer locking for 5+ seconds or blue screen reboot - bad pool caller /system thread exception not handled)

Currently running memtest to rule out the ram (3/4 passes done with 2 errors on addr6)

I’ve done the full driver uninstall, clean reinstall via safe mode and latest version. Is there anything I can do to confirm it’s the GPU causing issue?
Same symptoms I was getting when I first installed mine - admittedly I forgot to remove the old drivers first. Eventually borked windows and had to do a clean os install :( thankfully I have minimal stuff on my os drive. Can you do a fresh install?

Caporegime
Same symptoms I was getting when I first installed mine - admittedly I forgot to remove the old drivers first. Eventually borked windows and had to do a clean os install :( thankfully I have minimal stuff on my os drive. Can you do a fresh install?

I could but actually it may be a ram issue, ended up with 15 errors, upped the voltage to 1.4 and got 16 errors :D

Will reseat it tonight and see if it makes a difference otherwise I’m guessing I need to RMA.

I had massive memory leak issues with ReLive, could that actually be the fault of my RAM rather than ReLive?

Soldato
Anyone else playing Battlefield 5?

Looking at the benchmarks I think something is wrong with my rig.

I'm running at medium and it's a stuttery mess most of the time, I should be running at ultra!

Gonna run a DDU and fresh install tonight.

Soldato
Whats your system?

Ryzen 1600 @ 3800
8gb RAM @ 2800
The game is running off an SSD.

I had a problem with my original vega which I RMA'd but still have the same problem (system powers off when running everything at stock, need to undervolt and set power to +50% for it to be stable), could just be whatever is causing this is messing me up.

Soldato
Ryzen 1600 @ 3800
8gb RAM @ 2800
The game is running off an SSD.

I had a problem with my original vega which I RMA'd but still have the same problem (system powers off when running everything at stock, need to undervolt and set power to +50% for it to be stable), could just be whatever is causing this is messing me up.

Get better ram and OC the 1600 to 4Ghz. That system runs at -20% perf than should be

Also can you show us your settings? What Vega 64 you have?

Last edited:
Soldato
Get better ram and OC the 1600 to 4Ghz. That system runs at -20% perf than should be

It will not overclock to 4ghz (max is 3.9 so I settled for 3.8).
Ram is also above stock and will not go any higher (2400 is stock).

I'd honestly be really really surprised if +200mhz was the difference between a stuttery medium to buttery ultra.

I understand the RAM not being at 3200 could affect it by up to 20% but according to the benchmarks I should be getting in the 80's at ultra so even -20% it should still be in the 60's and as I have freesync I should really notice any stutters unless it's dropping below 40fps.

Soldato
i'm running an almost identical system to you (bar my ram being at 2933) with a superflower 650w psu and only seeing max draw at the wall of ~430 watts so your psu should be perfectly fine. assuming, as you say, it isn't faulty.

I think I have a problem with something. I can't run my vega at stock, this is my second one with the exact same problem. It's just going through the hassle of RMAing components 1 by one to see where the issue lies (I don't have any spares). I have considered making an educated guess that it's the PSU and just buying one and if it turns out to be that selling the refurb but if it's not that it's just more wasted money.

Soldato
I think I have a problem with something. I can't run my vega at stock, this is my second one with the exact same problem. It's just going through the hassle of RMAing components 1 by one to see where the issue lies (I don't have any spares). I have considered making an educated guess that it's the PSU and just buying one and if it turns out to be that selling the refurb but if it's not that it's just more wasted money.
have you done a fresh reinstall of windows?
memtested the ram?
removed cpu oc?

Soldato
have you done a fresh reinstall of windows?
memtested the ram?
removed cpu oc?

I haven't tried a fresh install of Windows but have tried the other 2.

The reason I don't suspect it's Windows is if I run my vega at stock after 5-15mins the PC cuts out entirely, I can't boot it again unless I reseat the PSU motherboard connector. I'm guessing it's related to my poor performance in BFV.

Associate
I haven't tried a fresh install of Windows but have tried the other 2.

The reason I don't suspect it's Windows is if I run my vega at stock after 5-15mins the PC cuts out entirely, I can't boot it again unless I reseat the PSU motherboard connector. I'm guessing it's related to my poor performance in BFV.
The Vega is punishing you for being bad at BFV?

;)

Back
Top Bottom