• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I haven't tried a fresh install of Windows but have tried the other 2.

The reason I don't suspect it's Windows is if I run my vega at stock after 5-15mins the PC cuts out entirely, I can't boot it again unless I reseat the PSU motherboard connector. I'm guessing it's related to my poor performance in BFV.
ah yea, could well be a psu at fault. don't happen to have a multi meter to check the output voltages?

Associate
Well I’ve got another sapphire nitro+ coming tomorrow for some Vega 64 crossfire can’t wait... Any tips or tweaks would be great for help setting crossfire up.

Soldato
Well I’ve got another sapphire nitro+ coming tomorrow for some Vega 64 crossfire can’t wait... Any tips or tweaks would be great for help setting crossfire up.

Crossfire is game on game basis. It works with around 80% of the games. However some are bit peculiar
eg Wolfenstein, doesn't work on more than 1 GPU with CF on. However if you turn off CF, the async compute kicks in and utilizes both cards to 101% scaling!!!!!
Similar behaviour with Resident Evil which CF scaling goes to 104%!!!!!!!

Soldato
anyone else find the radeon software not remembering your custom settings on pc load up sometimes? i've had this a few times now and have had to select custom and load the undervolted profile i have saved.

Associate
anyone else find the radeon software not remembering your custom settings on pc load up sometimes? i've had this a few times now and have had to select custom and load the undervolted profile i have saved.

Generally happens for me only when the graphics drivers "crash" because of an unstable overclock.

Soldato
Generally happens for me only when the graphics drivers "crash" because of an unstable overclock.
Yea I wouldn’t mind if that was the case but this only seems to happen on start up sometimes. Maybe it is detecting and unstable at that point and resetting but I’m not getting any ingame issues/crashes when the profile is loaded
Still trying to work out from all the suggested settings in this thread what’s what with it though so maybe it is unstable.

Soldato

If you have your notifications turned on, it will show a "Wattman settings have been reset". This is often caused by your computer fastbooting and causing a mismatch with what Wattman expected. The way to fix this is to turn off Windows fastboot.

How you do this is:

1. Windows settings
2. Power & Sleep
3. Additional power settings
4. Choose what the power button does
5. Change settings that are currently unavailable
6. Untick "turn on fast startup"
7. Save changes

See if that solves the problem. I had this problem a lot on my R290, and this fixed it.

Soldato
If you have your notifications turned on, it will show a "Wattman settings have been reset". This is often caused by your computer fastbooting and causing a mismatch with what Wattman expected. The way to fix this is to turn off Windows fastboot.

How you do this is:

1. Windows settings
2. Power & Sleep
7. Save changes

See if that solves the problem. I had this problem a lot on my R290, and this fixed it.
Cheers I’ll have a look tomorrow. Did have fastboot turned off but reinstalled windows after installing the card so may well be back on again.

Soldato

How you do this is:

1. Windows settings
2. Power & Sleep
7. Save changes

I'd buy you a pint if I could. That worked a charm for me with my 56. Had the same "didn't remember settings" all the ******* time. Now it remembered the settings and I can breathe easy again :D Cheers squire

Soldato
I'd buy you a pint if I could. That worked a charm for me with my 56. Had the same "didn't remember settings" all the ******* time. Now it remembered the settings and I can breathe easy again :D Cheers squire

No problem. I'm sure I got the info from somewhere in the AMD driver thread at some point in the past, but "turn off fastboot" isn't very clear as a fix. There's a fastboot option in most BIOSes, and as you can see, the Windows thing of the same name is buried deep in the settings. I thought explicit instructions were needed somewhere on the forums for future use.

I think Windows is trying to fastboot off a memory image on disk, and the drivers throw a wobbly as they are not in the same state as the image is at boot, and everything resets because the driver thinks it's crashed or an overclock that's fallen over and rebooted the system. Some hardware/systems just don't work well with Windows fastboot.

Back
Top Bottom