• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Hi guys, sorry to butt in, im new to these forums and new to pc gaming. I have just built my 1st pc. Ryzen 7 2700, rog x470f, 32gb teamgroup ram, rx vega 64 windforce. Please could someone tell me how to get the best out of the rx vega 64 windforce as so far im disappointed & gutted that i have spent £1600 and im struggle to game in 4k on fifa etc properly.

Whats all this bios that people have been discussing? How do i do this bios and what settings in global wattman should i be using to get full use out of the card?

Thanks very much in advance

Soldato
Hi guys, sorry to butt in, im new to these forums and new to pc gaming. I have just built my 1st pc. Ryzen 7 2700, rog x470f, 32gb teamgroup ram, rx vega 64 windforce. Please could someone tell me how to get the best out of the rx vega 64 windforce as so far im disappointed & gutted that i have spent £1600 and im struggle to game in 4k on fifa etc properly.

Whats all this bios that people have been discussing? How do i do this bios and what settings in global wattman should i be using to get full use out of the card?

Thanks very much in advance

Fifa 19 on ultra settings at 4K should net you around 90FPS on average with the Vega 64 as it's not really a hard game to run, Try setting Wattman to Turbo and make sure you aren't forcing anti-aliasing in the GPU control panel and also make sure v-sync in the control panel and ingame is turned off.

Last edited:
Associate
Id be so lucky mate. Doesnt even get 60 fps. I did a benchmark on timespy last night & was getting 28fps on 4k. Im hoping someone explains to do the bios change & best wattman settings to use so i can finally get the potential out of the card.

Associate
On fifa i run at 2160, ultra, no anti aliasing, limit to 60fps, direct x 11. If i change to any other settings it judders. Its the better games im gutted about as i really wanted to learn how to play COD & BATTLEFIELD

Soldato
On fifa i run at 2160, ultra, no anti aliasing, limit to 60fps, direct x 11. If i change to any other settings it judders. Its the better games im gutted about as i really wanted to learn how to play COD & BATTLEFIELD

Well let's go over a few things -

1. Which driver are you running ?
2. What PSU do you have ?
3. Are the fans kicking in on the GPU ?

Soldato
Also you can learn to play Battlefield and COD just fine, If you want to play competitively then no amount of people play at 4K, 1080P is the res of choice to get the highest frame, Lowest latency etc...

Soldato
Running the latest up to date drivers.

Kolink KL-850M 850W 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply.

Fans defo kick in, wen it starts overheating it sounds like an aeroplane then crashes.

Definitely shouldn't crash, Although I did have the latest driver, 18.12.3 and it messed up a lot for me so I went back to 18.12.2 as I was getting lots of crashes.

Now I don't have a 4K monitor to hand right this moment but I tried 3440x1440 and max settings no AA and was getting around 160FPS on the pitch which would bring it down to around 100 at 4K.

Try uninstalling your current driver and re-installing 18.12.2.

Soldato
How do i put that info in top right corner so i can see how many fps im getting?

When you're ingame press ALT+R, Then click on "Performance Monitoring" in the window that pops up, From there go to "Select Metrics" and make sure all are on, Then click on "Metrics Options" and click on "Show Metrics", While ingame, If you have Re-Live turned on, Press CTRL+SHIFT+E to take a screenshot.

Soldato
So im getting the 60fps i want on fifa & pes. On pes my temperature is going upto 75 degrees tho, is there a way of avoiding it getting so hot?

For the temp you'll have to do a custom fan curve, Go into Wattman and go down to the Speed/Temperature setting, Set it to manual and then align the little lines and dots so you have a 1:1 fan curve i.e 30'c=30% fan speed, 60'c=60% fan speed etc...

Back
Top Bottom