The Samsung NC20 thread

Associate
my sister can't decide whether to get the black or white version both looks nice but I guess the black will show fingerprints. does the inside have a glossy look as well?

Inside should be the same as the NC10

3053287393a9e3ab8b62o.jpg

does the black version have a bigger battery capacity (5900 mah)?

I think it's the same battery as the NC10.

--

Stock update: 03-04-09
Delivery ETA: 06-04-09

Soldato
found this picture which shows the inside to be glossy

samsungnc20.jpg

also its been confirmed on other websites that the black will have the higher 5900-mah battery.

Associate
found this picture which shows the inside to be glossy

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7954/samsungnc20.jpg[IMG]

also its been confirmed on other websites that the black will have the higher 5900-mah battery.[/QUOTE]

That's not the NC20.
There are 2 mouse buttons as opposed to 1 on the NC20.
The one in the pic is the Samsung X360 which costs over £1000.

Soldato
So has anyone else go this laptop? I have just sold my 17" Macbook Pro as it wasn't getting used a lot (surfing the net) and it was just a hassle to carry around.

Now I was looking at a HP Pavillion 3600ea for £500 but that seems have been discontinued in favour of its more expensive brother. So I don't want to spend more than £500 but would like something portable. Have looked at the NC20 and I was wondering can you get it with 2GB and can you upgrade the HDD?

Soldato
So has anyone else go this laptop? I have just sold my 17" Macbook Pro as it wasn't getting used a lot (surfing the net) and it was just a hassle to carry around.

Now I was looking at a HP Pavillion 3600ea for £500 but that seems have been discontinued in favour of its more expensive brother. So I don't want to spend more than £500 but would like something portable. Have looked at the NC20 and I was wondering can you get it with 2GB and can you upgrade the HDD?

I'm going to order the black nc20. hopefully it will come with the 5900mAH battery but it seems only the US will be getting it :mad:

you have to upgrade the ram yourself which is cheap and easy, also you can upgrade the HDD some people have even installed SDD.

Soldato
like those VIA Cpus, they clock at like 1.2 but overclock themselves to 1.6 (or up their clock speed, is it still overclocking when they are MADE to run at 1.6?)
I read somewhere that the NC20 maxes out at 1.5 for heat reasons tho? or somthing like that
nice review in one of the mags this month with "netbook killers" on front.

Associate
Took delivery of a black one this morning and love it already.

And whats the Speaker sound quality like ?

It depends what they're bouncing off.

They're underneath and a bit tinny when on a hard surface (eg table) but not half bad when on a soft surface (eg jeans).

Soldato
I'm glad i saw this thread. I was originally looking at notebooks ala the Dell Studio 15 or Sony Vaio BZ series but now i've changed my mind.

I need it for when i head off to uni but i will be taking my pc with me as well. So what's the point in taking a notebook with mroe power than i need. I will just be using it for word processing/browsing the net. The main thing about netbooks that put me off is the screen resolution, not so much the size. eg. The NC10 with higher resolution would be awesome. But this NC20 looks decent as well.

One question though. What's the deal with only one trackpad button? How do you right click?

For you guys having problems with youtube HD, try right clicking on the video and going to flash settings. Then change the local storage setting to 10mb or unlimited. Refresh the page and see if it fixes the stuttering. :)

Associate
I decided to go for the NC20 over the N120 because of the bigger screen, i've heard some people find the bigger screen gives much less vertical scrolling.

Looking on the net for how well the via chipset handles games pre 2004 compared to the intel gma chipset, not that much info really but some say it's slightly slower, has anybody here played older games pre 2004 on the NC20 and do they compare well to the N10 and other netbooks using the intel GMA chipset?

Soldato
Been playing with my NC20 for a few days now and tbh its not the great upgrade from my aspire one I had been hoping.

* Main complaint is LCD quality, leaky back lighting and washed out colours, AAO much better.
* Also it runs much hotter meaning the fan never stops, its not loud but still using the fan control tools I could get my aspire one browsing the net in silence with reasonable temps.

The screen size, resolution and keyboard are nice improvements over the AAO, but worth twice the price? I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom