**The Secret World**

Soldato
There's a lot of cash shop & sub crying going on, but looking at it in the beta it all just seemed to be cosmetic items. People just like to bash Funcom, EA, subs and cash shops. It's the perfect troll-storm :)

Associate
There's a lot of cash shop & sub crying going on, but looking at it in the beta it all just seemed to be cosmetic items. People just like to bash Funcom, EA, subs and cash shops. It's the perfect troll-storm :)

Initial purchase + sub + cash shop, i cried. For that it's got to be better than all the current MMO's.

Life time subs at launch says it all for me, cash grab then skeleton crew of Dev's to fix the game.

On the upside...

The quests are probably the best we've seen in MMO's to date :)

Soldato
pre-ordered this week for a number of reasons, one of the biggest is the skill system which gives even the biggest theorycrafters a headache when finding the best possible combinations. Secondly, a lot of big game review names (pcg/ign/TTH/etc...) are ranting and raving about how good the PvE content is, the dungeons and endgame challenges. The tier3 dungeons are meant to be incredibly difficult and provide a challenge for the best raiders out there.

Sure the sub is a bit expensive but i'll decide after the 1st month whether i'm going to pay it, the skill system / pve / story detail / setting is enough to make me get the game, especially after watching various beta testers stream parts of the game that wasnt just the first 30min intro.

Permabanned
Says a lot that this game is out today and this is the first post in this thread today :p

Well I will b playing it, not sure how long but the quests were different & quite enjoyable.

think around 5 pm we should start seeing people getting in, I'm out to dinner ...Missus :p

Associate
Says a lot that this game is out today and this is the first post in this thread today :p

Well I will b playing it, not sure how long but the quests were different & quite enjoyable.

think around 5 pm we should start seeing people getting in, I'm out to dinner ...Missus :p

I think it's cool. The game isn't too overhyped, and so far all the overhyped games have been disappointing, so maybe it's a good thing.

Soldato
Anyone see the pre-order cheaper than €50 anywhere?

Edit - hmm, CJS Keys. Do I dare...:)

Edit 2 - worked fine, although registered direct on the funcom site rather than through Origin as the site claims. £26 is about right for the game I think.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Right our Cabal is up and running I'm out for dinner but if you fancy joining us The Immortals send a tell to Durandal in game!

We on Cerberus server.
We are Templars!

Damn missus booking a table for dinner tonight!! :(

Associate
Why don't they say... from the creators of Age of Conan. Oh that's right, that game tanked harder than a deep space meteor hitting the pacific ocean.

Soldato
Anyone see the pre-order cheaper than €50 anywhere?

Edit - hmm, CJS Keys. Do I dare...:)

Edit 2 - worked fine, although registered direct on the funcom site rather than through Origin as the site claims. £26 is about right for the game I think.

I was going to use CJS but after all the bad reviews i keep seeing on there facebook page, i just payed the full £40 on Origin

Soldato
Enjoying this more than I thought I would using a pistol/elementalist build, aiming towards gunslinger. Perfomance seems to be a bit hit and miss at the moment so hopefully improve soon.

Soldato
Yeah, my opinion has gone from 'maybe it'll be ok after a few months' to 'wow, this is brilliant". Fair play to Funcom, didn't expect this level of polish at release at all. Like, not in my wildest dreams :p

I've gone elementalist / blades. Getting some nice synergy between the two, but honestly haven't a clue if it'll work long term.

Back
Top Bottom