The Show Off Your Tattoo Thread

Soldato
^^^^That's awesome m8.

My final sitting was today, chuffed to bits with how it has finished up (Polynesian half sleeve). Will post a pic once the shading has healed and changed from red/brown to silver/grey. ;)

Already kicking about my head a few designs for my next ink. This tattoo thing is addictive.

Soldato
black_grey.jpg

fresh_new.jpg
Been thinking of having similar but with a wolf instead of a tiger on my left shin.

Soldato
Shading still to fade from the red/brown colour to silver/grey.....well chuffed with this so far, still a wee but ink seepage on some lines, this will calm down after a few washes. Still stinging a bit.....lol

mytat.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Mine's felt a bit 'tight' since yesterday especially towards the top of my shoulder, which I'm guessing is the skin starting to heal. While in the shower this morning it also started to peel, which the tat shop said would happen and just to keep it clean and moisturised.

What's been interesting has been the reaction of family and friends - my workmates knew I was getting it done as we'd discussed it at length and are, at least to my face, positive about it. My Aunt fully understands my motivation for getting it done and loves the result - apart from wondering how I a) sat still and b) put up with the discomfort for 5.5 hours.

I emailed my Mum a picture and I get the feeling she hates it - she hasn't said as much, but I can tell from her tone of voice she doesn't really approve. To be honest, to provoke people was one of the many reasons I wanted it done and if people are going to be so shallow, the problem is theirs, not mine ... I did warn her that it probably won't be the last ...

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok tattoo dudes......I'm looking to get some new ink in January 2018. So whats currently 'trending' ink wise, what's cool to get done? I've got a couple of ideas kicking around my head at the moment. I'm a serving firefighter so I'm possibly thinking something related to that might be good although it's difficult to find stuff that isn't too corny. Also thinking about Norse/Vegvísir designs.

On a related note, who's had their chest done? I'm thinking about having my Polynesian half sleeve expanded somewhat by having a chest 'add-on' done. Pain wise, what's the chest like to get done?

Soldato
Ok tattoo dudes......I'm looking to get some new ink in January 2018. So whats currently 'trending' ink wise, what's cool to get done? I've got a couple of ideas kicking around my head at the moment. I'm a serving firefighter so I'm possibly thinking something related to that might be good although it's difficult to find stuff that isn't too corny. Also thinking about Norse/Vegvísir designs.

On a related note, who's had their chest done? I'm thinking about having my Polynesian half sleeve expanded somewhat by having a chest 'add-on' done. Pain wise, what's the chest like to get done?

Try and come up with a rough idea and then let the tattooist do the hard work of designing it, it's what you are paying for.

Chest is not too bad, no where near as bad as the stomach and ribs section, now that hurt! Collar bone is sore as well as the nipple area especially if it's thick line work, shading isn't too bad.

Caporegime
Tattoo session booked for Jan 13th. 3hr session. Already been in and discussed ideas with them. Followed up with an email with photos. Looking forward to turning the rest of my arm into a full sleeve.

Associate
Must confess I've been bitten by the bug - got another booked for January 19th going in a space on my upper right arm. Not as large or dense as the one I had at the end of November and the tattooist reckons it should only take a couple of hours. He's also going to touch-up a few areas of the November one where I had a bit of scabbing afterwards and the ink hasn't 'taken' properly. I also want to discuss the feasibility of extending that one up over my shoulder a bit more. Haven't decided where to go after that - chest or shoulder-blade are the most likely. A full sleeve is a bit NSFW for me and I don't think I'd have the patience in any case ...

Soldato
I also have the bug.:D

I'm looking to book in for a 'Thin red line' style piece which means a lot personally to me (Watch Commander in the fire service for 28 years), but I'm not sure yet how the text I want on it in white will work, need to speak to my artist about that. It'll be a smallish piece, probably on my back or shoulder blade.

trl1.jpg

After that I'm going for an extension across the chest of my Polynesian half sleeve. Found one online that looks utterly awesome. :cool:

Soldato
I'm toying with the idea of getting my first tattoo. I've wanted one for years but just never got round to it. Is 41 too old for your first? lol.

I'm wanting a tribal dragon across my chest, spilling out onto my arm and back. I really like the design, size, placement and shading on this...

tattoo1.jpg

And I like the left most dragons head on this design, almost like a suggestion of a dragon as opposed to being obvious...

tattoo2.jpg

Any ideas how much something like that would cost? And how long it would take? Would a decent place be able design a mashup of those 2 designs if I took the images in? Any recommendations for places in central Scotland? I've been looking at Studio XIII in Edinburgh.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm toying with the idea of getting my first tattoo. I've wanted one for years but just never got round to it. Is 41 too old for your first? lol.

I'm wanting a tribal dragon across my chest, spilling out onto my arm and back. I really like the design, size, placement and shading on this...

tattoo1.jpg

And I like the left most dragons head on this design, almost like a suggestion of a dragon as opposed to being obvious...

tattoo2.jpg

Any ideas how much something like that would cost? And how long it would take? Would a decent place be able design a mashup of those 2 designs if I took the images in? Any recommendations for places in central Scotland? I've been looking at Studio XIII in Edinburgh.

Nice design, not a fan of the top pic as i think tribal tattoo's are a bit out-dated and common, the design you are looking at though could be really nice. I'd imagine a piece like that will take 3-5 sessions normally between £60-120 per session. but i'm a bit of a noobie on this stuff.

Got my second tattoo the other day, wanted to arm symmetry with the one i got for my late dad.

Old one:
20180524_172941.jpg

New one:
20180524_172950.jpg

Soldato

tattoo1.jpg

tattoo2.jpg

I had a Polynesian half sleeve done last December by John at Infamous Ink in Stirling. I initially found a design I liked online and took it in to show him. He said he could recreate something very similar but something that was unique to me. I ended up with a brilliant design which echoed the design I took in with me but was custom done by John. A good tattoo artist should be able to look at and interpret a given design but put their own touch to recreating it. I was 5 sittings for mine and about 7 ish hours all told at £70 per hour. I'd recommend John at Infamous Ink, he's superb. I'm going back in a month to get more ink, once you get your first ink you defo get the bug. I'm going for a shoulder and chest design that links up and carrys on from my current Polynesian. Pics below from our recent holiday in Gran Canaria (taken on day two so spot the pasty white Scotsman :D)

tat1.jpg

tat2.jpg

Soldato

tattoo1.jpg

tattoo2.jpg

Studio XIII's great, got my last 2 done there.

I'd say the tribal design's pretty outdated too, but Marc does some great blackwork and loves to design stuff on you if you give him some freedom.
I got my arm/shoulder done from him in feb/march.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgjcx3Cn56K/?taken-by=marcdiamondtattoo

Back
Top Bottom