The Show Off Your Tattoo Thread

Soldato
OP
I know this thread is titled SHOW your tats, but I'd really, really like to get this done!

web.jpg

Across my back/shoulder blades? Any thoughts? Would it be a pain (obv. me included) for the artist to do all the branches/flowers etc? :D

That is a lot of line work. Depends how good your tattoo artist is and how high your pain threshold is. A competent artist will find that really easy to do.
They stain the design onto your body and then just trace the lines. Not too hard.

Soldato
OP
Very strange way of thinking, especially considering canvas, I would have thought if you wanted the tattoo to say "peace" you would get it to say "peace" - it's not like you would write Rest in 和平 on someone's grave or greet someone with "Heping, my brother" down at your local Church Choir meet. What's more, there is a very high possibility that once put 'heping', instead of your "uncool looking" common 'peace; in a sentence it will be about as relevant to your expression of peace as wearing a t-shirt with "Armoury Pesglobe Lodge" instead of "Arsenal F.C."

I suppose it's like far eastern people thinking anything written in English looks better than anything written in their symbols. The effects, for personal amusement can be observed on www.engrish.com . It's just that they do that on toilet doors and t-shirts, while westerners do that on their skin.

wut?

Soldato
Yes it is Apple, and yes it is their slogan but it has different meaning to me! Which would be obvious if you met me.

and just because its a great design to whoever made.

:)

I think most people who saw it would think that you're just a moving apple billboard. If it means something to you I suppose that counts and I think it's a nice design, I wouldn't get it done though.

Soldato
Ah, that's cool then. I thought you were some hardcore Steve Jobs bum boy. :D

I never said I wasn't! :p:eek::o

Back on topic, does anyone know a good artist in Manchester area? I'm sure there are plenty and I'm pretty sure I know where 2 are but know a shop and knowing a good artist can make all the difference.

Associate

I like this! Was always wanting the sign for Earth somwhere.

I've got a SG themed tattoo too. It's Moloc's (A lesser known Go'uld) stamp. Between my shoulder blades. Will try and get a picture but it's a hard place to photograph!

My next tat is most likely going to be fairie wings or a seahorse, depending what is designed first. :)

Associate
i know its crap so no need for everyone to tell me :p
did it myself when i was about 16 with some indian ink and a needle with a bit of cotton wrapped around the end
dragontat.jpg

i plan to get it covered up soon

Soldato
my dad got tattoos on every part of his body except his back and arse cheeks! he did them all him self when he came out the army about 35 years ago! he also did a big ship on chest and he put in a ribbon (Homeward Bound) and he spelt it all wrong lol

thats what put me off tattoos before but i do defo wanna get a sleeve one later before im 30 tho! would be pro!

some amazing tats in here tho very very nice1!

Soldato
OP
its that bright in the flesh if not brighter, she uses awesome inks.

Very nice tattoo mate. Loving how vibrant the colours look. :)

i know its crap so no need for everyone to tell me :p
did it myself when i was about 16 with some indian ink and a needle with a bit of cotton wrapped around the end
dragontat.jpg

i plan to get it covered up soon

Thats rather good for self tattoo. How long did it take and did you do it in one go? Kudos.

Edit- lol my phone browser can render my sig fine, firefox does it fine but internet explorer at my work cant render it properly...

Associate
Here's the Tattoo i got on my 18th Birthday, still really like the design but wish it was in Black and had been done with thinner needlework.
100_1058.jpg

I got this one when i was 19.
100_1061.jpg

Neither of them hold any special significance, i just liked the design so i got them.....dont think they are too bad considering they have both been on for over 10 years.

P.S sorry for the crappy pictures.

Soldato
I like this! Was always wanting the sign for Earth somwhere.

I've got a SG themed tattoo too. It's Moloc's (A lesser known Go'uld) stamp. Between my shoulder blades. Will try and get a picture but it's a hard place to photograph!

My next tat is most likely going to be fairie wings or a seahorse, depending what is designed first. :)

It is very sad, but i like it :)

I will have the earth symbol at some point aswell i think but seperate to that :)

Back
Top Bottom