The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Associate
what do you normally shoot?

Thanks for the info. I used to shoot a lot of motorsport stuff, but I don't really do that at all anymore so the EVF is not an issue. Mainly landscape stuff and pictures of my daughter/family. The A7 seems to be exactly what I'm after.

The canon FD seems to be a fairly inxpensive way of getting decent glass as buying the current fit Canon/Nikon and using them in full manual with a cheap adapter seems like a waste of money.

Cheers

Dave

Soldato
27868067277_eace190ce8_z.jpg

Used but in A1 condition, will try it out in anger later.

Caporegime
Both are supposed to be stellar, I got the Batis simply because of the oss, better in my ageing hands!

I can't find the link now but I saw an article where they compare a bunch of lenses on the Sony Bodies and looked at its IS performance for all the lenses, and how they performed, basically the inbuilt IS in the lens does not make it better if you have the body IS switched on, in some cases in fact it works against it.

Soldato
I can't find the link now but I saw an article where they compare a bunch of lenses on the Sony Bodies and looked at its IS performance for all the lenses, and how they performed, basically the inbuilt IS in the lens does not make it better if you have the body IS switched on, in some cases in fact it works against it.
Thanks, useful.

Soldato
Hi all. Off to South of France for a week.

What gear should I bring in terms of lenses?

100-400 is a given as I'll be shooting some f1 cars.

I wanna do some video work too so was thinking of bringing few primes that cover the 25 to 85 or bring a 24-70 f2.8? Thing is my gimbal can't cater for that lens. Too heavy.

Primes I have are batis 25 85 zeiss Sony 55 and finally samyang 35.

Taking 2 camera bodies. A9 and a7r3

Caporegime
Hi all. Off to South of France for a week.

What gear should I bring in terms of lenses?

100-400 is a given as I'll be shooting some f1 cars.

I wanna do some video work too so was thinking of bringing few primes that cover the 25 to 85 or bring a 24-70 f2.8? Thing is my gimbal can't cater for that lens. Too heavy.

Primes I have are batis 25 85 zeiss Sony 55 and finally samyang 35.

Taking 2 camera bodies. A9 and a7r3
Surely you can work that out for yourself based on your own experience and shooting needs?

Caporegime
Wish my Tamron would hurry up. I spent too long making my mind up over it and now have an itch to buy another lens.

Got the Sigma 14mm F1.8 on pre-roder since it was £230 off RRP for pre order but I wont get that for at least another month.

Caporegime
Seen the first shots with the 105 today on Sony rumours. Think you're going to like it. Still not 100% convinced it's worth the weight and coat over the 85mm

Soldato
Wish my Tamron would hurry up. I spent too long making my mind up over it and now have an itch to buy another lens.

Got the Sigma 14mm F1.8 on pre-roder since it was £230 off RRP for pre order but I wont get that for at least another month.

I have mine now, but haven't really had the time to go and use it in anger. I need to schedule a day to have a walk about with it really. Also just had a note from LCE that the 85 will arrive next Monday - can't wait.
Also Greebo, isn't the Samyang manual focus the sharpest 14mm lens out there (DXO mark) it's also only £250ish !

Caporegime
Dxo hasn’t tested the sigma 14mm yet. Other review sights would suggest its sharper but the main thing is tha5 extra stop and third over the samyang. Plus the thought of having to go through up to 5 lens to get a good samyang and the fact they go off focus over a few years means you will have to keep buying new ones to replace them puts me off.

And you never know, Af might come in handy too ;)

Back
Top Bottom