The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
Some japanese photographer has an EF mount a few weeks ago

He’s not the only one. Seen a couple of other photographers with it as well. But since so far Sigma has only managed to start shipping 5 of the 9 lens in the range and some in minuscule quantities, some of the more normal ones won’t be shipping now till late July, I can se the rumour the bokeh master won’t ship till end of August/early september as been true.

It seems nowadays that launch dates are just to get pre orders in place for a couple of months time and not true launch dates anymore.

Caporegime
He’s not the only one. Seen a couple of other photographers with it as well. But since so far Sigma has only managed to start shipping 5 of the 9 lens in the range and some in minuscule quantities, some of the more normal ones won’t be shipping now till late July, I can se the rumour the bokeh master won’t ship till end of August/early september as been true.

It seems nowadays that launch dates are just to get pre orders in place for a couple of months time and not true launch dates anymore.

I would be nice to use it this wedding season but I'll make do …. might get new laptop instead.

Caporegime
What are the Polarizing /ND filters of choice now? Is it still Hoya?

Pretty much or B&W but Hoya seem decent quality without having to spend as much money on a filter as what a lens costs!!!!

I have GAS really bad. After shooting about 650 pics yesterday and been blown away looking at them in LR I picked up the Sony 90mm G Macro today to add to my collection.

Caporegime
Pretty much or B&W but Hoya seem decent quality without having to spend as much money on a filter as what a lens costs!!!!

I have GAS really bad. After shooting about 650 pics yesterday and been blown away looking at them in LR I picked up the Sony 90mm G Macro today to add to my collection.

Another lens?! Lol

If you want to spend more money, I can do with another A73 ;)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
If you are getting ND, worth getting a larger filter thread and some step up rings for your other lenses.

My biggest filter thread is 77mm so bought a 77mm ND, with a £5 step up right ring it’ll work with all the lenses.

Oh that's interesting I didn't know that, thank you for the tip.

This is getting expensive very quickly :eek:

Caporegime
Yup and step up rings are cheap. I don’t use ND that much so even bought a 1-5 variable ND filter, you twist and it gets darker or lighter. Great for video.

Not cheap though, it’s like £150.

Was that a B&W variable ND? I have always stayed away from variable ones as all the roundups done of them, nobody seemed to make a decent one which didn't affect the picture to some degree in a bad way and that included some very expensive ones. Perhaps they have got better now?

Caporegime
When I use the Canon 100L I only use it in live view for macro and touch focus is great, which the Sony sucks at. I can’t see my getting the Sony 90mm but I guess that is a good price for a Sony lens.

The Sony macro lens is meant to have a really good manual focus, different to all the other Sony lens so we will see.

Caporegime
Was that a B&W variable ND? I have always stayed away from variable ones as all the roundups done of them, nobody seemed to make a decent one which didn't affect the picture to some degree in a bad way and that included some very expensive ones. Perhaps they have got better now?

I got it before I went to Japan and it seems to get good write ups.

Soldato
The 85 finally arrived - I tried to claim the cashback and was getting very frustrated, but then realised that you can only claim 30 days AFTER purchase - reminder now set in the calendar.
Now I just need to take some pictures - have barely had time since I got the whole setup to do any photography at all!

Caporegime
Yeah caught me out too. Tried about three times before I noticed that lol. Suppose it’s to make sure you don’t order from amazon, claim the cashback and then return the lens back to amazon for a refund

Back
Top Bottom