The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
Seen the first shots with the 105 today on Sony rumours. Think you're going to like it. Still not 100% convinced it's worth the weight and coat over the 85mm

Getting the 85/1.8 saves the weight and the cost towards the 105/1.4.

That’s my logic, as that’s almost the total price as the 85/1.4 G Master.

2 lenses for the price of 1, with the size advantage of the 1.8 and the speciality of the 105 when I need it.

Caporegime
Fair enough. You know what your doing as you do it for a living :)

I keep wondering whether I should have saved half my money and bought the sigma 20mm f1.8 art.......buyer's remorse on pre orders lol

On the other hand I wish I had bought the 1.4 55mm instead of the 1.8 now.

Associate
Just had a despatch notice on the tamron 28-75, should have it tomorrow! :)

Nice, I cancelled my order despite them telling me they were due in on Tuesday and I was second in queue.

Might have been a mistake but I figured I already have excellent primes across that range for when it matters and if I get a RX100 V instead I'll have that with me a lot more than the A73, cost is the same after discounts.

Who knows, maybe I'll have a change of heart and the market has lots of cheap used copies for me. :p

Soldato
Wex have been promising me that the 28-75 will be in stock in a couple of days for two weeks now. Seeing as it is shipping from elsewhere, I've given them until the weekend until dispatch.

They've also said that the new Sigma lenses are 'delayed' without giving any further information. It does make you wonder if the problem is Wex...

Soldato
Wex have been promising me that the 28-75 will be in stock in a couple of days for two weeks now. Seeing as it is shipping from elsewhere, I've given them until the weekend until dispatch.

They've also said that the new Sigma lenses are 'delayed' without giving any further information. It does make you wonder if the problem is Wex...

Try Cameraworld, the seemed to have little to no pre-order queue when I phoned up, they then told me after a few days that I was first in the queue, and then a couple more later it was dispatched.

Caporegime

Maybe. Wex told me they weren't getting any sigma 14mm art in until.mid July. I got an update from Park cameras saying they will be shipping mine on 29 the june

Caporegime

Five of the new sigma lens in stock and shipping from bhphoto today so not sure that there is any delay. Depends which lens though as I have already posted the 105 isn’t out until early September and the I know the 14mm is t out 7ntil the end of the month.

The main staples like the 35mm, 50mm and 85mm are all out and shipping from various places

Soldato
I heard from wex corporate that they actually don't know when they are getting their next large batch of sony stuff, first time they have said that as they always have a rough idea.
I was going to put a pre-order in but seems utterly pointless at this stage.

il wait until August where hopefully it's all calmed down. have a gh5 to play with in the meantime.

Caporegime
Spent 6 hours today taking shots with the A7iii and the 85mm f1.8 mainly and some 100-400 at the local 1940s weekend. The quality of the pics has blown me away. The photographer just needs to get better now :p

Back
Top Bottom