The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
Still disappointing that 4K wouldn’t work at all. Had used it earlier in the month on a cool day and Worked fine.

Yes I am sure it worked fine... on a cool day. You tried on a very hot day, hence the thermal protection kicked in when you tried to use the most processor-intensive video recording mode. Seems pretty self-explanatory.

Caporegime
Yes I am sure it worked fine... on a cool day. You tried on a very hot day, hence the thermal protection kicked in when you tried to use the most processor-intensive video recording mode. Seems pretty self-explanatory.

Just not used to having a camera where thermal protection kicks in. My old camera used to record at 237 Mbps in DCI 4K 24p and never overheated even on the hottest days I used it. Not sure how much more intensive the highest setting is on the SOny but suppose its FF vs MFT so will need extra processing but I thought 4k was 4k as far as resolution went????

Soldato
I'm about a month late, but thank you for sharing that. I've been enjoying a few of the videos while waiting for the Sigma 20mm to appear in stock.

NP, I think I am going to cheap out and get the 14mm Rokinon manual focus - it seems to be the budget lens of choice and for the amount I would use it should be more than enough for me. I just wish I lived closer to some dark sky spots. Although I am tempted by a trip to the dolomites after watching his video!

Soldato
Soldato
NP, I think I am going to cheap out and get the 14mm Rokinon manual focus - it seems to be the budget lens of choice and for the amount I would use it should be more than enough for me. I just wish I lived closer to some dark sky spots. Although I am tempted by a trip to the dolomites after watching his video!

I've started to think the same. Get some experience with a relatively cheap lens that can then be sold on for little or no loss if wanting to upgrade in the future. I'm off to Gran Canaria next week, where there are some fantastic skies at altitude at night. It is just a question of whether the I can be bothered to spend half the night freezing up a mountain while away on a family holiday!

Soldato
Caporegime
Hi all.

Here are a few panning shots from the f1 in france.

Let me know if if you like it or any improvements i can make

taken using the A9 and 100-400 mostly
Far too much movement blur on the cars, they should be sharper and more in focus. You can see many examples if you google image search https://www.google.ch/search?q=form...gbzcAhWliaYKHdovC3QQ_AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=758

PS: Black text and a tiny font makes your post hard to read, please do a little basic formatting when copying and pasting from other places. :)

Back
Top Bottom