1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by traveyb, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Greebo

Caporegime

Not sure. Could be or could just be only Sony could get them to work. Whichever way it's good news for anybody swapping systems or want to use Nikon or canon glass.

2. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

New lens, wasn't expecting this for at least a month.

[​IMG]

3. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

nice!

4. Greebo

Caporegime

Damn. Haven't got mine yet. Who did you order yours from?

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

LCE, in store, I would have picked it up yesterday but didn't catch my answerphone until 4:50 and they close at 5.

6. Greebo

Caporegime

Sad panda. I order from park cameras who promised they were going to get the first UK stock in on 26th October. Lies. I knew I should have gone with LCE

7. RSR

Sgarrista

I'd be a little bit careful with the 2.0 update on the A7 III, as I kicked mine off last night and it failed with the Sandisk 128GB card in the camera. So I swapped it out for a 64GB one and the update worked fine that was after stressing for a bit.

8. Greebo

Caporegime

Well mine failed first time as well. Didn't change anything and worked fine second time. I was twitching as well

9. RSR

Sgarrista

Mine just wouldn't update with the 128GB card in the camera, as I tried it a good 4/5 times and on different computers.

10. Greebo

Caporegime

Obviously it has issues. Mine just had a Sony 64gb card in and failed just the once

11. footman

Mobster

[​IMG]

Been after this for weeks, very little UK stock except for SRS and the usual grey import sites. Even B&H in New York have no stock. I was sort of locked into Wex as they gave me an excellent P/ex value on a lens I didn't want so I had a big credit with them. Suddenly popped up yesterday as "opened box used", saved nearly £200 from the new price.

12. Greebo

Caporegime

Nice. Ordered my 24 mm from wex. Will be here tomorrow. Everywhere has stock except park cameras who still won't for two more weeks grrr

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM
  13. footman

Mobster

That's a good lens, you'll enjoy it. I only ever go for free standard delivery from Wex and it's usually arrived next day, very efficient bunch as well as offering the best p/ex value. They beat Park Cameras by £210 on my Sony 16-35 F4!

14. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I haven't test this lens's optical performance so that will have to wait but first impressions are that this lens is small, so so small. 85/1.8 FE small. To the point I think where has all my money gone to and I have been ripped off.

The size of it is the same as the Canon height wise, even the hood is the same but they chopped it off half way. Inside the hood is soft felt fabric, it clicks and locks like most of the new hoods do. Comes in a nice case too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Greebo

Caporegime

Small, light and according to reviews optically fantastic. What is there not to like. Wish all GM lens were like this

16. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

The A7III turned up today and immediate thoughts are its tiny compared to my old 5DmkII but tech wise light years ahead. Also agree trying to update the firmware via a Mac was impossible and I gave up, luckily I have an arcade machine in the house that runs off Windows so was able to hook it up to that an the whole process was done in a matter of mins.

17. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Its mac being mac and locking down software

18. Clov!s

Capodecina

I noticed how small but still quite weighty the a7iii is, not a bad thing at all. I haven't bothered updating mine as i only have the Tamron 28-75 at the moment, i don't have any GM lenses so will hold off.

19. Greebo

Caporegime

How's my lens doing? ;)

20. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Haha all good thanks, the Tamron seems huge on it although tiny compared to my 24-105L that used to be my walkabout go to lens and the 85mm is very compact. Holiday coming up so hoping I'll be able to put all the kit through its paces.