The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
Such a good price on that! I'm off on Safari on Saturday and have rented the 100-400 so am hoping to be able to come back with some lovely shots come the new year. Finally putting the camera through it's paces for the first time in anger after 6 months! Really need to try and dedicate more time to photography next year.

Caporegime
Pretty sure she would notice £1.7k missing.
Physically, probably it's a bit bigger the A7III, probably notice the red R missing as well knowing my luck. Lol
Always be honest with your wife with significant expenditure and man up to your decisions. If you genuinely need a camera that can track movement (if you have explained it and she doesn't get it then maybe you need to try a little harder because it's not a complicated concept to understand) and don't want to splurge all the cash at once then your best bet is to get an A7III on 0% finance. Even better would be if you cut down spending on some other vice for a while to show your missus that you will not have an impact on family finances.

Soldato
Im not ready to buy the 24mm 1.4 GM yet, is there a lens that is as sharp and wider than 24mm for under £800?

I know I can get a 12-24mm GM but that's mega money too.

Soldato
Anyone here tried pixel shift with their A7Riii yet? I was messing around with it the other day indoors and noticed the amount of detail you can get is pretty incredible, the only thing that annoys me about it is the fact you can't process the ARQ files in capture one, but I can forgive that.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
Reason I ask as someone was using their A7iii last night to capture fireworks and only had a 35mm lens which I thought was strange.

When I asked, their response was they only had the budget for a 35mm.

Back
Top Bottom