US: The Strain

Permabanned

Watched first episode and i thought it was good, could have easily been a film but interesting to see where they will go with this as a series. It is on FX and the production seems high. It is about a vampire plague on new york and CDC are the main actors it seems at this point.

Soldato
Just watching it now so far I quite like it.

What is it with upbeat music whilst something nasty happens making it all the more disturbing :D

Associate
When the
vampire
darted down the corridor, i'm not saying it was poorly done but for a second I thought it was Kosh on roller skates :p

Caporegime
I downloaded expecting some world wide pandemic virus outbreak or something like the ship but from an earlier point in time...

oops it's a vampire horror series lol
I guess I should have read up on the plot

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Vampiric comedy with very nineties fetch-as-far-as-you-can plot setup? Involves awkwardly superglued rubber makeup, random retired hobbits, David Icke's Reptilian Daily featured secret society, terribly acting female lead and a creepy know-it-all old man character? Bring it on!

What do you mean it wasn't meant to be comedy?

Man of Honour
I watched the pilot of this last night and found it kind of hard going. It felt like it was written by me when I was 10 years old...

But if you're in the mood for schlock I can see how it would be fun to watch.

Associate
It wasn't very good in my opinion, my partner feels the same. The opening scene with the plane, plague and everyone dead aboard was the exact same as fringe. The writing and acting is lousy in places, the humour hit and miss. The scene where the coffin got taken on the CCTV cam? Barely a reaction from the cast, and no reaction from the guy operating the cam. Lastly, the scene where the count sucks someone dry, snaps their neck and scurries away was laughable. Hardly horror.

Back
Top Bottom