US: The Strain

Soldato
The one other thing that consistently puls me out of the story is the sword. That has to be the most impractical handle/weapon ever devised. Ok, perhaps that particular honour goes to The Glaive from Krull, but his sword is a close second.

Permabanned
Perhaps it's a designer grip for arthritis sufferers. The old codger looks like he's about to keel over at any minute never mind go vamp hunting lol.

Soldato
depending on his source material, moroi (good vamps) or dhampirs (half breeds)

On a side note it is nice to get the Romanian folklore take on vampirism over the western bram stoker version

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
This has been so good so far. I think only the second episode was a bit weak in parts the rest have been non stop entertaining. With some realy well done monster and violence scenes.

That guy who let the coffin in the city is so dumb. Why would they put the infected body in to the river? Why not burn it? dumbest thing i have seen from someone who is meant to be CDC. They took the time to rap the body in chains but didn't think of burning it? I guess most series you can pick holes. This has been good though looking forward to next episode.

Soldato
This has been so good so far. I think only the second episode was a bit weak in parts the rest have been non stop entertaining. With some realy well done monster and violence scenes.

That guy who let the coffin in the city is so dumb. Why would they put the infected body in to the river? Why not burn it? dumbest thing i have seen from someone who is meant to be CDC. They took the time to rap the body in chains but didn't think of burning it? I guess most series you can pick holes. This has been good though looking forward to next episode.

I'm wondering if the river body could perhaps be a water attack. Worms in the water from the body start coming out the toilet/drinking water to spread it faster.

If not I feel they've missed a trick there :D.

Soldato
Blegh there is no need for realism here :p.

I honestly don't know. If they are indeed vampires and vampires don't breath then it would suggest the worms wouldn't need to breath :confused:.

Permabanned
Before they dumped it in the water they also opened the bag... it didn't burn in the sun.

I'm quite enjoying it but i keep expecting Wesley Snipes to pop up :p

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
From the last episode :D

Don't you just always trust a guy with a crossbow saying "did they scare you, did they hurt you? let me take look, to see if you are ok? And then casually responds good good" before you know what is definitely coming :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's funny how this show plays fast and loose with the whole vampires and sunlight thing. In the latest episode Eichorst stands in the middle of grand central station (with the gigantic window visible in the background in one shot), at what looks like the middle of the day, and doesn't get burned by the sun at all. Yet in the previous episode they made a big deal about the vampires burning once the blinds were raised in that store room.

I like this show, and don't expect realism, but a bit of consistency would be nice.

Soldato
I'm on episode 3/4 now, not exactly rushing to watch it as I can't seem to get into it. I'm not a big fan of stuff that "isn't real" and unlike Walking Dead, there isn't much to keep me occupied.

Permabanned
Last night's episode was a bit rubbish

A whole episode wasted just so they could kill off Sean Astin's character.
They go from banging on about how running for a vehicle = bad, then a whole episode doing nothing until the end when they... run for a vehicle lol

Back
Top Bottom