US: The Strain

Permabanned
OP
Ep 3 better than 2nd one. I am glad the cdc chars have now seen what they are up against and they didnt drag it out longer. Consider they are dealing with a vampire plague i think its pulled off well so far. Some of the scenes have been good. I laughed when that guy wife sees him drink the blood.

Soldato
Saw the first episode last night and was quite impressed on that alone. The opening scenes were really well done and the 'creature' has me curious as to what it really is. Going to watch the remaining few episodes today.

Edit: Upto date now, absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have found this to be a surprisingly close adaptation of the book. To the point where I'll pass on the second and third books in the trilogy and watch the show instead.
I like it. I like the fact it creeps out my wife even more. >:)

Soldato
I'm enjoying "The Strain" too but there are the odd moment here and there that make me laugh. For example, the female CDC doctor goes to see her mother and ends up seeing an infected feeding on people in the hospital so flees. The next time we see her she's just waking up from a nice little nap on the sofa. It's several hours later that she finally thinks about finding the one person with any knowledge of the situation. Really? Like you wouldn't have (a) freaked out and left the city or (b) gone straight to the one person who seems to know what the heck in going on?! :D

Back
Top Bottom