US: The Strain

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Zack and Carl are almost the same person both really have been annoying on both shows, even with old prof gone its giving the show a bit of an ending and hopefully goes out with a bang.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah quite a good fitting to end the series really at least everything got wrapped up and finished in the way it should have.

While I wouldn't have cared when it ended or if it got renewed (imo the doom spot for any show or film) overall it was a nice little show which tried to be a bit more different to walking dead but no where on the its calibre, if someone has time to kill or binge watch its worth it for sure.

Soldato
Didn't like the final. Rest of the series was not great, but final just felt like the writers gave up.

Master going to the nuke. Literally the episode before he says to quinlan "you think I'm foolish enough to come within range of your bomb", then this episode he goes straight to it, so apparently the master is a bit thick :confused:

Occido lumen. So what was the point? Was built up as something dangerous to the master, master wanted it and then it ends with a nuke. Remove the Occido Lumen and nothing would change.

Plan was stupid. Why two lifts? Just have someone waiting down by the nuke. Master and quinlan come down, boom.

Quinlan. For all his big talk throughout the series and hunting the master for years, finally gets his 1v1 and gets battered. Wtf was he doing in all the time he was alive.

Ephraim going to Zach when the master was going to switch hosts. Why? All going to die when the nuke goes off anyway, nuke would save Zach from that fate anyway.

Writers trying to get a little redemption for Zach. Get out of here, he is beyond redemption. At least he died though.

Associate
You know, I really had a glimmer of hope last week the ending wouldn't be a trainwreck when they wrote Eph to not be a complete idiot when it came to Zach.

Then this...

I suppose it died as it lived, with everyone involved being a complete idiot who should know better.

Caporegime
The show could be a grind at times but IMO it did a good job of finishing things off. Were there typical FFS moments? Yes (my main one being Joffrey getting some sort of redemption - Eph should have set off the nuke killing the master and his **** of a son). I am glad I watched it overall.

Associate
Nice tie up in the end if rather predictable I thought.
Didn't like the final. Rest of the series was not great, but final just felt like the writers gave up.

Master going to the nuke. Literally the episode before he says to quinlan "you think I'm foolish enough to come within range of your bomb", then this episode he goes straight to it, so apparently the master is a bit thick :confused:

Occido lumen. So what was the point? Was built up as something dangerous to the master, master wanted it and then it ends with a nuke. Remove the Occido Lumen and nothing would change.

Plan was stupid. Why two lifts? Just have someone waiting down by the nuke. Master and quinlan come down, boom.

Quinlan. For all his big talk throughout the series and hunting the master for years, finally gets his 1v1 and gets battered. Wtf was he doing in all the time he was alive.

Ephraim going to Zach when the master was going to switch hosts. Why? All going to die when the nuke goes off anyway, nuke would save Zach from that fate anyway.

Writers trying to get a little redemption for Zach. Get out of here, he is beyond redemption. At least he died though.

I agree with most of these, said to the wife while watching "I thought the master was smart, why's he walking into this obvious trap?". And yes Quinlan sucked, all that hype for nothing. At least nobody else knew it was Zach blew the nuke in the end, he died and they all still think he was an ******, which he was. No redemption for him.

Soldato
I just binge watfhed seasons 1 to 3 and waiting for 4 to come up on box sets. After watching it all I can say is why hasn't that idiot boys father put a bullet in his sons face already for being a prize bell end ?

Back
Top Bottom