The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Getting a 7kW charger primarily to make benefit of cheaper overnight rates is a bit of a false economy, given the £650 install cost would otherwise fund 5,000kW odd of energy usage which at 13p difference (18p vs 5p) is ~12,500 miles until you break even.... I think! And that's if you ONLY do your charging during an off-peak, 5p rate.

Where is your nearest public charger, and nearest Tesla supercharger, @theone8181 ?
Leeds I think, we're near hull:cry:. I've got an install booked as you guys are right, at somepoint the mrs will get an electric car (she quite likes the mach e), and I guess capacities are going to go one way. There isn't actually any charging points at work yer, the directors have budgeted 6 grand for 7 pints (of the stand alone type, this warrants a double:cry::cry:).

That pic above explains why none white is hard to come by:p.

The guy who says it's stressing his wiring though is making me:confused: as there isn't that much that's power hungry unless you have several electric showers or your house is wired with Bell wire.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

2021.40.6 is out.

Add stop

Add a new stop to your route by tapping the "+" icon on the navigation search button and searching for a destination, or selecting a pin on the map.

TIDAL

TIDAL streaming is now available from the Media menu with a TIDAL account. You can listen to TIDAL playlists or albums in high-quality audio by connecting to Wi-Fi and pressing Download on the selected content.

Cold weather improvements

You can now enable front defrost and maintain your climate settings when clearing ice and snow. As usual, tap the fan icon and select Keep Climate On when parked.

Additionally, when using climate controls on the Tesla App, automatic battery pre-conditioning has been optimized to consume less energy.

New language support (lol)

You can now select British English as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.

Traffic aware cruise control chime

You will now receive an audio alert when Traffic-Aware Cruise Control is enabled. To disable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Chime.

Range display (2021 Long Range only)

Your vehicle's range estimation has been modified to better represent real-world conditions.

Navigation language selection

You can now hear your navigation instructions in different languages. To access, tap Controls > Display > Languages > Navigation.

Alternative navigation routes

View up to three alternate routes when navigating to a destination, with the fastest route being the default.

Note: Your car must be in PARK to select an alternate route.

Additional information

This is an undocumented change in this release.

Additonal details are now displayed in your car's Software menu. Your car will now display supported cellular networks under Modem capabilities. It will also show whether your vehicle is compatible with Tesla's CCS adapter.

To view this information go to Controls > Software and tap on 'Additional Vehicle Information'.

Don’t forget the previous update added live sentry mode, but you need to enable it in the car settings first!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
In a slight change to plans, Tesla seemly have invited me to collect a car next week.

How are you guys checking you are getting the new spec SR before you get the car?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What does it change and will you reject the car if it’s the “old” spec?

Only you can make that decision.

Soldato
What does it change and will you reject the car if it’s the “old” spec?

Only you can make that decision.

Mainly the slightly bigger pack, its only a few KwH but it just tips the SR's range into the ballpark I want. It saves me the £7k from going long range and the performance of the SR is plenty.

It would be a little odd to be assigned the old spec car when I ordered a new one but when I ordered it was showing 'March' I expect someone has cancelled and I've been matched to their car which makes me more cautious.

Excellent!

VIN number and / or CS call / email

Thanks, I don't have a VIN so I guess a quick call in the morning when they open will clear that up and I'll book the date tomorrow.

Soldato
Just a quick sense check as I hadn't actually put any thought into this with the delivery being so far away, for what is likely to be Monday I need to sort out:
Paying Tesla
Insurance
Gap Insurance
Charger (!) - I can do a 3 pin for now.
Documents for the trade in (don't worry its a well used 11 year old C4!)

Anything I have missed?

@EVH I should have said, I'm also paying the new higher price so I most certainly want the new better spec!

Soldato
Goto the main page with the image of your car on
Right click - "view source code"
CTRL F and search for "LRW"
The number it should find is your VIN number
Great found it, now to track back through this thread (fairly sure it was this one!) to find where someone decoded it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

FYI, if it’s anything like my collection you’ll get a number plate assigned to you shortly before collection HOWEVER, Tesla won’t register the plate with the DVLA until you collect.

What this means is that you won’t be able to put that number plate in to compare the market and get new insurance quotes.

You’ll be able to choose “make” and “model” on the comparison sites but when you get through to the final broker you’ll want to call with your quote reference number to finalise the quote. You will not be able to complete the insurance online because the plate isn’t technically live.

Also, be prepared for the price for any premium to go up/down when you actually give them your real plate over the phone as they’ll want to charge you a set up fee for doing it via the phone.

I was able to haggle them down to match the online price (as I technically couldn’t complete the quote online) but YMMV. I used Hastings Direct as some quotes were £lol.

Soldato
Mine is LRW3F7FA9MC******

And a "unicorn" i.e. upgraded battery pack (longer range) and "old" motor (quicker that current acceleration)

So it looks like I am the LRW3F7FJXMC****** so I have the slightly slower motor but still faster than the one I ordered but to be honest I'm more bothered about the bigger pack

Thanks both, I have existing insurance with Direct Line who have always been very competitive so I will give them a bell tomorrow and see what they say and do some runs on the price comparison sites tonight.

Exciting! :D

Soldato
:D

Likewise I'm more bothered / happy with the linger range thank the .2./.3 second acceleration which I very much doubt I'd notice.

The rear heated seats my daughter's are excited about :rolleyes: and doubt I'll use the heated steering wheel :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I paid £474, but Direct Line couldn’t get below £900 for me. Esure wouldn’t even touch me and said they consider Tesla “high risk”.

Good luck :D

Back
Top Bottom