The Thing 3D Printed Case

Associate
OP
Back part of the case is ready. I did little spacer between the parts because front part did not finish. But this way it looks good so i may have to keep it that way :D

U6fbLhQ.jpg

W9twpG1.jpg

up3zHFy.jpg

DT71bxh.jpg

IIttmPk.jpg

Now i just need some hardware to test fit everything before i can print the final case

Associate
yeah, that highlighted accent in the middle actually looks quite good, i'm assuming in the flesh it was always going to be a visible join, so it would not have had the impression of being one piece anyway, so why not add the orange accent to it, and you'll have a similar orange panel at the back I assume to complete the look and blance out the orange parts.

can't say i blame you for not wanting to run another 36 hour print lol

forgot to say, i also love the idea of putting the GPU the other side to the motherboard

Associate
OP
yeah, that highlighted accent in the middle actually looks quite good, i'm assuming in the flesh it was always going to be a visible join, so it would not have had the impression of being one piece anyway, so why not add the orange accent to it, and you'll have a similar orange panel at the back I assume to complete the look and blance out the orange parts.

can't say i blame you for not wanting to run another 36 hour print lol

forgot to say, i also love the idea of putting the GPU the other side to the motherboard

Thanks.
This is only prototype so i have to do another 36h print soon:D

Associate
that is crazy and inspirational at the same time.... and would have a horribly dusty life in my place lol, you're gonna have to design your own air cleaner to keep it clean.

Amazing to see it in actual pictures having seen the design images at the beginning of the thread and see how similar it is

Associate
OP
that is crazy and inspirational at the same time.... and would have a horribly dusty life in my place lol, you're gonna have to design your own air cleaner to keep it clean.

Amazing to see it in actual pictures having seen the design images at the beginning of the thread and see how similar it is

The Thing part 2 is coming

1CTZYZc.jpg

Associate
can't wait to see it.... i am very curous to see how you've dealt with the cabling etc, and if you go for a motherboard that can hold all of the storage onboard thus not need any HDDs of SSDs

Associate
have you thought about having the front panel orange, for symmetry purposes given the position of the orange section at the other end of the case? ..... or is that a bit too much orange lol

Associate
OP
I think my biggest problem will be riser cable. I have to use two riser cables because i cant find right length.

I think if the front panel was orange it´s going to be too much.

Associate
If it's finding something long enough, have a look at Phanteks cables, because they offer a really long one for use with their cases when doing a twin system build, so they have an ITX board in the top, and the GPU for that would be at the bottom of the case in the usual vertical configuration, so I think they make one something like 300mm long.

EDIT:
Correction, I was mistaken, they go up to 600mm.....

https://www.phanteks.com/Riser-Cables.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sear...ks+riserr/sPerPage/12/sFilter_category/Cables

Soldato
@AVCaseMods , this looks amazing. I want to try and design / print a case myself. either ITX or he smallest MATX. I have an ender Pro3 so there will be joins. Whats the best software to use, with precreated blocks for motherboards, PSU etc. and are there any guides to dimensions. I can use AutoCAD fluently. So i can draw accurately but its slow and clunky at 3D

Associate
That looks amazing, whoever mentioned solid tubes though I think they were right, having the more structured angular look of them will be better than the curves associated with flexible hoses.

How long before you get the itch to change the colour of that gpu :p ..... what would look good in there is something like a Sapphire Radeon VII like this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/radeon-vii.18906157/

Back
Top Bottom