The Thing 3D Printed Case

Associate
OP
I have almost all of the design changes done.

For the top and bottom i did make plates for holding the two parts together.

k1vCkTE.jpg

rdRQBAS.jpg

I did forget to do power button so its next on my list and i think then i am ready for printing the final case.

Associate
oh i thought you'd hidden the power button away somewhere..... and lol, i didn't even think about joining the 2 halves (and keeping them) together! I think on a subconscious level I assumed you'd glue them

Associate
OP
oh i thought you'd hidden the power button away somewhere..... and lol, i didn't even think about joining the 2 halves (and keeping them) together! I think on a subconscious level I assumed you'd glue them

I just forgot the power button :D If i use only pla i would glue them together but i have read that petg is not that easy to glue.

Associate
OP
My workplace is closed for two weeks because of covid so i cant print the final case.

Package from Alphacool arrived now i can start to practice hardline bending.

IYywPuD.jpg

Huge thanks to Alphacool for sponsoring this build

Associate
This build is ideal for those AlphaCool bits, they look like they'd be wasted in a case that couldn't showcase their looks, so much of hard tubing builds is about the look and design, you have to have them on view, your design takes that to a new level because there is no way to hide anything, and they are front and center

Associate
OP
This build is ideal for those AlphaCool bits, they look like they'd be wasted in a case that couldn't showcase their looks, so much of hard tubing builds is about the look and design, you have to have them on view, your design takes that to a new level because there is no way to hide anything, and they are front and center

More delay for the final case. My work place is closed for three weeks so i cant go there and print this.

Here is pictures of the final design:

KUcW0H0.jpg

DeFpDrH.jpg

rI0CuoJ.jpg

2BndCuO.jpg

Be safe out there.
Hope for things to get better.

Associate
I have a question.....

lets use the last image as my reference, that ventilated orange panel that I think is located behind the Graphics Card mounting area - what is it's purpose? and how did you determine the size, because obviously if it was a visual thing to showcase/frame the GPU as well as provide airflow to the back of it then it's size would be specific to the GPU used, or is it an air intake/exhaust for the center section where the PSU is ?

EDIT:
speaking of open plan cases, have you seen the one on Redditt, that's constructed from copper plumbing pipe, and uses the frame as the distribution network for the coolant and the electrical wiring?

Back
Top Bottom