The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
It's seems like a very strange move by the BBC. I won't cast any judgements until actually seeing how it works but it's disappointing to see Rory relegated to extra gear only. I enjoyed him on the main show.

Soldato
WTF. Didn't like Rory but Flintoff and McGuiness is such a random pair.

I listen to Flintoff on his podcast with Mathew Syed and Robbie Savage and whilst I like him, I'm pretty sure he isn't in to cars. McGuiness just isn't funny.

Caporegime
I think Flintoff could well be a hit here, he’s a very good presenter, funny and well into cars.

He’s done a few motoring related shows, crashed a rally car a few years back and bought a Lamborghini which he then admitted he struggled to drive because he was too big to fit in it!

Time will tell of course, but I think he’s a far better fit than LeBlanc who to be fair I think proved many wrong in this role.

One thing for sure, I’m looking forward to this, much more than the next series of The Grand Tour, the last few episodes of which I didn’t bother with.

Soldato
Oh good lord, when will it stop?

I've seen McGuinness in 'Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere', but not seen Flintoff in anything other than betting adverts. I'll watch the first episode for sure, but certainly don't have high hopes. Sounds like a complete farce.

Soldato
I think this has to be the most desperate laughable thing I have heard of for a while. They really have absolutely no clue what they are doing.

Caporegime
It is quite simple really. Just employ 3 motoring journalists. I think we are all car guys here and how akward it can be talking cars to people who have no clue what so ever about them. I might be prejudging here but I guess Flintoff and Paddy are like this. Owning a Ferarri or Aston doesn't make you a car guy.

Man of Honour
Did I wake up in an alternative universe? never thought I'd see Flintoff host extra gear. I'll give it a chance.

Back
Top Bottom