The "toy" for Christmas 2011

Soldato
OP
Indeed, my boy wants to watch movies and play games and surf the net on a bigger more convenient screen while retaining the portability and intuitive design of his iPod Touch so he needs an iPad.

See, your argument is pointless.

It's not pointless, it's just how I live my life, it's only my opinion, or did I forget what the point of a forum is?

Permabanned
Erm ....

I just remembered that I uploaded this to my Imageshack:

tyk0q.jpg

Would anyone get that as a toy for their kids? o.O

Permabanned
It's not pointless, it's just how I live my life, it's only my opinion, or did I forget what the point of a forum is?

No it is pointless assuming your justification is universal to everyone else, not that you want to justify your actions, only that you are not accepting that others have different justifications.

Caporegime
Why does anyone 'need' a tablet?

A 12 year old could use it to watch movies, listen to music, send and receive e-mails, browse the Internet, play games, perhaps do some homework on it, etc.
atleast 3 of the kids at my sons school had mobile phones when they were 6...

he asked if he could have one lol... no chance maybe when hes a teenager...

Soldato
OP
No it is pointless assuming your justification is universal to everyone else, not that you want to justify your actions, only that you are not accepting that others have different justifications.

I never said that my justification/opinion is correct. I was merely voicing my opinion on the subject. It's up to you if you agree/disagree

Associate
For those saying I am cheap, this is why...

He wouldn't know the difference.

Especially for a 2 year old.

As a kid, I'd rather have had 5 second-hand presents that I could play with than 1 or 2 new things.

Disinfect them and make sure they are in pretty good nick, why the hell not!! He is not interested in In The Box toys, he wants things he can push around the floor and throw at the TV.

He is obsessed with Cars as I say and knowing he is going to play with them to death means I am loathed to spend £100+ on a trailer and 10 Cars when I can get it for £40. Plus times are tight and it can only be a bonus to save some ££. We are getting some new stuff for him but to us spending the time together is more important than Spending £100's on presents.

Is he going to know they are old? No! He will only know they are awesome.

OT: I got the wife an iPad (1) but I wouldn't buy one for the kid.

Soldato
Last Christmas I got a keyboard (G15), Mouse (Deathadder), an iPod dock/radio thing (Surprise present, was half price at Tesco so they got it for me :p) and a few other little things like selection boxes. Basically it all came to sub 100 pound which isn't too bad considering the cost was spread between my parents and my sister. I don't really want anything for Christmas these days, I'll likely just buy the things I want myself anyway if I don't get them for Christmas.

I remember back in the day when all I wanted for Christmas were Pokemon/Yu-gi-Oh cards, Lego and Beyblades :D.

Back
Top Bottom