imageuploadimagezr3.jpg

and finally, the micro machines van
imageuploadimageek5.jpg

and a gameboy
imageuploadimageev8.jpg

or game gear
imageuploadimagetz9.jpg

Soldato
I wanted a Stretch Armstrong :D I think my parents were worried I would rip him open and all the powder would come out :D

Soldato
[...] Big Trak [...]
I never had Big Trak, but I did have something very similar [at least in concept] that I'm hoping will ring a bell or two with someone here:

It was a large white BMW CSL ['batmobile'] model - possibly with Martini livery - that wasn't remote-controlled; instead you flipped up the bonnet and there was a keypad where you could program in the moves, just like Big Trak. Only with a beepy horn instead of a laser beam pee-yow.

I always lusted after a proper Tamiya RC car - you know, the ones you'd see on the top shelf of your local model shop with smiley-face spotlight covers, but of course I never got one. Instead, I received a remote-controlled... Mini Metro. Not even a 6R4. Even my brother got a remote-controlled Volkswagen Golf GTi Mark I. Harrumph.

Also, did anyone else have 'Jimmy', the electronic football game? Shaped like a stadium, with red LEDs to denote ball/player position, and plastic 'boards' with football teams' names on [the only clue as to which team you were playing as]. Every goal was rewarded with a stirring mono rendition of "When the saints go marching in". Aah, great and bleepy days :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Up until I was 13 I was an only child and had virtually everything I asked for at Christmas.
I even had a Chopper with proper knacker-cracker.
I can't ever remember being upset at christmas because I didn't get what I wanted.
I sound spoilt but I wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom