The toy that never was

Soldato
OP
Just remembered about this thread, it's probably my most favourite ever and with it being the right time of year I thought it might be worth a revival!

Was that self indulgent of me?

Man of Honour
I have no idea why I wanted it really, looking at it now there was very little fun to be had in crunching up bits of ice and putting some e number ridden colouring over it. But every time I saw the advert on TV I knew I wanted one.

same, they must have had great advertising as most of us seemed to of wanted it.

Man of Honour
Crossbows and Catapults

pic5628.jpg

Still have a mint condition one in my cupboard. :)

That was awesome, it's still in my parents loft somewhere..

Caporegime
I used to have a couple of those! they were great, the comics that came with them were good too, very cool photos of them on model landscapes made them even cooler, although the marine one didn't work under water in the bath :( I had construx too, thought i was the only one!

just thought of something else i always wanted:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0900/6.jpg

i had a bit of an obsession with destroying things!

Ohhh yeah Crash Dummies, I had the big yellow jeep, the 'Sedan' and the cannon, total crap looking back, got too many hours form Lego. I just use to sit looking at the booklets that came with the lego wanting all of it. Always wanted a train set the most, then I got RA2 with my christmas money :o :p

Soldato
omg ive had a few of those technic lego's, the sword! and the zoid stuff! :D My mate had the bike! I can remember he never let me have a ago..... :p

I wanted one of these below, but made do with a lower spec model! :( :)

header_1.jpg

I've got one of these... was given to me by someone but I dont use it. If you pay for postage you are welcome to it !! Email in trust :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I had Scalextric as a kid but I always lusted after TCR ( Total Control Racing). It's gimmick was that it had slotless tracks and you could make your cars change lanes and do proper overtaking. In reality it was probably rubbish when actually compared to Scalextric but it was the mind blowing freedom of being able to change lanes which got my juvenile mind.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I had Scalextric as a kid but I always lusted after TCR ( Total Control Racing). It's gimmick was that it had slotless tracks and you could make your cars change lanes and do proper overtaking. In reality it was probably rubbish when actually compared to Scalextric but it was the mind blowing freedom of being able to change lanes which got my juvenile mind.

I wanted TCR too but ended up with Aurora (smaller Scalextric). The guy in the shop said that the TCR system was always breaking...

Soldato
This thread is ace!!

Its just brining back memories of toys I had! I never knew my parnets got me all these toys accutally :eek:

Mr Frosty
Crossbows and Catapults
Mouse Trap

Anyone have a toy where you put a piece of card on a spinning thing and added paint to it with little squeezy bottles? Looked awesome when it was spinning but when it stopped...Dissapointment :p Anyone?

Soldato
I had mousetrap. :D

2 scalextrics, it was Le Manns and had 2 911s, some colector bought it off me and a newer one, Jaguar challenge.

Many remote control cars, one that a snakes head popped out and it shot water, another that expanded and lit up and went faster. I wanted the hovercraft one.

I had loads of lego and obviously wanted more, would have loved the police station. I had the petrol station.

I also had 2 Mantaforce things, man they were ace.

More Micro machines!

Mr Frosty but only because of the stupid advet, it is kinda rubbish.

Everyone wanted a powerwheels but at £500 or so I only know one kid that had one. Lucky mofo. :)

Toys today just don't compete. Computer games have kind of ruined it a bit. :(

Gonna have to get on eBay!

http://www.mantaforce.co.uk/

Last edited:
Associate
The Raleigh Vectra is what I always wanted but alas never got. I was proper into the BMX thing and remember some wheels called Skyway Tuff 2's or something (Put them in the freezer to fix any buckles etc) and vowed if I ever got the vectra I would fit some but again never got them. Also wanted the Tamiya Toyota Hilux, with metal chassis etc.

Back
Top Bottom