• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Well... my 2080Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce died on me... Not wanting to go back to that card if I can help it. What 2080Ti's are out there that are at the same level or better for the same price?

Any help muchly appreciated. The card is 14 days old... :(

Associate
bear in mind a waterblock doesnt necessarily mean power delivery etc. doesnt matter, the higher priced cards usually have better components than FE, not just about the cooling although no idea if these better components actually mean much in the real world tho.

Buildzoid's assessment of the 2080ti FE was that no changes (within NVIDIA stipulations) to the board would make any difference. The FE board is about as good as you can get for the chip.

Soldato
Well... my 2080Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce died on me... Not wanting to go back to that card if I can help it. What 2080Ti's are out there that are at the same level or better for the same price?

Any help muchly appreciated. The card is 14 days old... :(

If you were happy with the noise + performance then i'd just get another one. Nothing more annoying than swapping out to a card that you end up wanting to return.

I have tried a gigabyte Aorus 2080Ti, same pcb as your's and they extremely good with coil whine. Next to silent. Didn't like the fans however and similar noise levels to my current FE. Was returning it anyway due to an issue of condition and missing parts when i purchased from ocuk however.

However on its very brief test i was very happy with the coil whine side for custom loop, much better than my FE. Why im currently waiting for the Gigabyte 2080Ti waterforce WB for my custom loop.

Soldato
The graphics card and included heatsink are truly massive with it being a triple slot design. Big enough even that MSI includes a support bracket for good measure. The heatsink itself has eight heatpipes which carry heat to a large aluminum fin array for maximum heat dissipation.

Blimey, lots of heat there :D

Soldato
FWIW my 2080Ti FE is still working fine. It caused hard locks when I first got it, but after replacing my Corsair HX850 with a Superflower leadex 2 1KW gold it's been rock solid.

Associate
I'm still considering swapping my 1080ti hybrid for the gigabyte waterforce aio but after seeing a few of them fail and the size of the rad compared to the seahawk i can't help but wonder how a watercooled card can fail and why it has a mega rad attached to it

Back
Top Bottom