• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Caporegime
Yeah I've always wondered why are Asus cards so much more expensive? is it build quality, which I assume allows much better overclocking?

Generally nothing, they just are a big name brand with the whole "ROG" gimmick. Some of their higher end stuff is better built but priced over the top.

Associate
Really stunned (and I am as bad as the next person for shiny shiny).. But these cards so under deliver and are so overpriced... Why anyone would buy one.. Must have more money than sense...

Well, there's no rush to buy one of these cards unless your in desperate need of a new card, as they can't do much of anything yet. But when the shackles are removed they might impress. They are somewhat pricey, and are likely to get more expensive. The problem is, when the old stock of 10xx cards is depleted you'll have little choice. I think in the long run the 20xx cards will be ok.

Associate
Not sure if anyone here knows this but a poster on the offical Nvidia forums reported that the delay with 2080tis is due to a problem with gddr6 memory. So anyone with 2080 series gpu may suffer crashes and require RMA.

Not sure the truth in this but worth noteing. Cards shipping late should be okay

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Awesome, although flashing my brand new card worries me somewhat!

Flash it as soon as you’ve got it installed. If it goes wrong they’ll have to replace it anyway.

Keeping an eye on the EVGA card myself in case I see stock anywhere at a more reasonable price. Need a short Ti myself and at 269mm this one fits the bill.

Wish more cards had their length listed online TBH, most still say TBD unfortunately. Guess they will be updated over the coming weeks.

My PC case will only take a card up to 280mm so my options are limited without taking a Dremel to the case internals.

Soldato
I noticed EVGA on their forum have release a BIOS update on their GPU's which increases power target to 130%

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-2080-XCXC-Ultra-BIOS-Update-m2858793.aspx

Do all manufacturers do this?

Normally if you put an EVGA card in ‘slave’ not master (dual BIOS most of the pascal were) it does that anyway.

There is no real benefit given the voltage is hard limited in the chip again, likely you will throttle before that target becomes a problem really.

Soldato
Something managed to get to me from Yodel in onc piece...

corRNbO.jpg

Time to drain and do a work around loop while my Vector blocks and 1000d turn up ;)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Something managed to get to me from Yodel in onc piece...

corRNbO.jpg

Time to drain and do a work around loop while my Vector blocks and 1000d turn up ;)

Are you a plumber by trade? Never seen copper piped water cooling before.

Must be fiddly to fit?

Back
Top Bottom