*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
Glad to see x is already on the mark with his tweets :cool:

He's not slating for the record, just raising concerns over the exact same things as me:

- animations/knock back from the shockwave from explosions (given how annoying the grenade spam has been in every BF title, especially with the screen shake)
- animations for medic/ammo/revive etc.
I can see the salt everywhere already about being killed mid animation.

Soldato
Glad to see x is already on the mark with his tweets :cool:

He's not slating for the record, just raising concerns over the exact same things as me:

- animations/knock back from the shockwave from explosions (given how annoying the grenade spam has been in every BF title, especially with the screen shake)
- animations for medic/ammo/revive etc.

Agreed on the first point but the second one I'm not sure I am that concerned. I don't think it's unreasonable that you should be resupplying and healing under appropriate cover with your squad around you. I play Arma 3/Tarkov (where similar mechanics are in play) quite a bit and it makes you stop and think about what you are doing rather than magical healing/resupply auras all over the place. Also in terms of revives I again don't think it's unreasonable that you have to pull a squad mate to a safe place before reviving rather than magic needle instant revives. Animations are cancellable as well from what I've read.

Soldato
From the Eurogamer interview https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-and-wake-island-the-battlefield-v-interview:

Think it's quite clear the skins/customisation will be where they monetise so that should put that to bed. No problem with that from my side.

As long as it is just skins that that is fine by me. I just hope they keep them sensible and faction specific so you can distinguish friend and foe apart quickly and easily. Also i wonder how much the Hitler skin will cost, will they also offer an Eva Braun skin for the ladies? :D

True that but doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad, some nvidia sponsored games have ran very well.

And quite frankly anything is better than bf 1's performance (at least for me

Have you found out what the issue is, it's not another case of CPU pegged at 100% and bottle necking the GPU is it?

Man of Honour
Is it all from a female being in the game or is there something I missed? (I really hope that isn't the case)

That 50/50 split is something that I'm seeing within the battlefield clan I'm in too, the reveal seems to have been seen in a very marmite way. Half of our clan is looking forward to it and the other half wanted something different or more evolutionary.

Caporegime
That 50/50 split is something that I'm seeing within the battlefield clan I'm in too, the reveal seems to have been seen in a very marmite way. Half of our clan is looking forward to it and the other half wanted something different or more evolutionary.
It is different though? No magic ammo/healing aura, definite animations for healing, reviving etc and if you dive and go prone then there's a pause before you can move/fire. Definitely different to any previous Battlefield games. I'm interested.

Caporegime
I very much doubt a bloody grenade explosion is going to knock people flying. Tank shells and things of a higher calibre are much more likely to.

Caporegime
Trailer has 178k likes, 148k dislikes not looking great, Reminds me of that COD trailer that got disliked to hell.

To be fair the trailer didn't do a great job of showing an en masse ww2 battle which is probably what people were expecting. It was just a very tight claustrophobic encounter for the most part untill the mg42 got picked up. We should get a better idea of it's scope on seeing mp footage in the next few weeks at the earliest EA event. Then the fabled "beta" to follow hopefully at some point in the summer.

Caporegime
Have you found out what the issue is, it's not another case of CPU pegged at 100% and bottle necking the GPU is it?

No idea.

And that was somewhat an issue which I resolved with knocking some settings up but the problem is, nothing has changed on my end, yet FPS drops are back except much worse, now dropping to 20s and much more often.

Yet the other night, perfect, 70 fps lock.

I very much doubt a bloody grenade explosion is going to knock people flying. Tank shells and things of a higher calibre are much more likely to.

Where have you been for the last 3 BF games, this is DICE..... Insane camera shake FTW even when hardly near a the grenades.

I doubt it will be grenades, although with dice, you never know, either way, I hope it isn't bad whatever it is, even tanks shells etc. would be damn annoying.

As x said in one of his tweets, stuff like that might be cool at first but it will get old very quickly and essentially put a lot of people of after a month or so, the same way suppression, camera shake did for previous games.

Agreed on the first point but the second one I'm not sure I am that concerned. I don't think it's unreasonable that you should be resupplying and healing under appropriate cover with your squad around you. I play Arma 3/Tarkov (where similar mechanics are in play) quite a bit and it makes you stop and think about what you are doing rather than magical healing/resupply auras all over the place. Also in terms of revives I again don't think it's unreasonable that you have to pull a squad mate to a safe place before reviving rather than magic needle instant revives. Animations are cancellable as well from what I've read.

It doesn't suit the BF that most of us/I like i.e. some quick pace but not making it too sim and things like that are just going to get you killed, I can see revives etc. happening far less than what they do now. No way people are going to want to make themselves an even easier target by running out and getting stuck in even a 4+ second animation, I know for certain that I will revive far less now (sorry haz :p)

Having a cancel animation/action won't do much good either as by the time you are shot at, you'll probably be dead or half dead and then finished of in the process of trying to get to new cover etc.

Again, BF 4 had a good method for this, where you had to charge the defibs up in order to be able to give a 100% charge/revive, wasn't instant but also wasn't tedious.

Soldato
yn9KlX6.gif

Hopefully that is somehow still an option. :p

Needs more Explosives :p

No idea.

And that was somewhat an issue which I resolved with knocking some settings up but the problem is, nothing has changed on my end, yet FPS drops are back except much worse, now dropping to 20s and much more often.

Yet the other night, perfect, 70 fps lock.

I'm assuming that you are running afterburner or something similar to keep and eye on things?

Caporegime
Where have you been for the last 3 BF games, this is DICE..... Insane camera shake FTW even when hardly near a the grenades.

I doubt it will be grenades, although with dice, you never know, either way, I hope it isn't bad whatever it is, even tanks shells etc. would be damn annoying.

As x said in one of his tweets, stuff like that might be cool at first but it will get old very quickly and essentially put a lot of people of after a month or so, the same way suppression, camera shake did for previous games.

Playing them, that's where! I mainly play vehicles so that kind of thing rarely bothers me.

Back
Top Bottom