The Updated X2 3800+ Overclocking Thread ...

Associate
heh thats fast

this is my last OC 3800 X2 as it not be mine now

3800 X2 @ 2710
271X10
1.5v
ram was set to 533 so that clocked probly ddr700 once the cpu whent up
HT is 3x
Coolmaster Aquagate (my own Made Plate as so the water block can still be used)
stable
----------------
useing my 5600+ X2 now @ 3.1Ghz

Permabanned
Firegod said:
One more please...

CPU Clock: 2850Mhz
HTT: 285
RAM FSB: 237Mhz
Timings: 3-4-4-8 1T 2.6V
VCore: 1.41V
HT: 3x
Core: Manchester
Cooling: (Water) Zalman Reserator v2
Mobo: DFI Ultra SLi-D

x2_clock.jpg

Cheers. :)

Will boot into Windows at 2.9Ghz, but fails Orthos. Tried 3.0Ghz but freezes when booting into Windows. :( So close. Lol.

have you tried the RAM on a lower divider or more vdimm? and at 2t command rate - ive found that over 285/290htt requires me to set the cpc to 2t else it won't even boot into Windows. Nice clock btw.

Soldato
ghgh said:
have you tried the RAM on a lower divider or more vdimm? and at 2t command rate - ive found that over 285/290htt requires me to set the cpc to 2t else it won't even boot into Windows. Nice clock btw.

Cheers mate.

Well the divider on the RAM is actually running under-clocked. It's PC4000 so it's good for 250Mhz. However, I like the idea of trying out 2T so I may give that a go, and see if I can get it up to 3Ghz. :)

It's weird, cause like at the moment it's roughly 1.41v. But I've upped the CPU to nearly 1.55v and it still was unstable in Windows. Almost like I hit a ceiling.

Thanks!

Permabanned
Firegod said:
Cheers mate.

Well the divider on the RAM is actually running under-clocked. It's PC4000 so it's good for 250Mhz. However, I like the idea of trying out 2T so I may give that a go, and see if I can get it up to 3Ghz. :)

It's weird, cause like at the moment it's roughly 1.41v. But I've upped the CPU to nearly 1.55v and it still was unstable in Windows. Almost like I hit a ceiling.

Thanks!

Do you know the stepping of the core? maybe you could google to see what other people have got out of the same.

Sounds like something else is holding the overclock back if the CPU hasn't hit the wall...maybe PSU or something else. What vdimm is your RAM rated to clock to 250MHz at, maybe its 2.8v.

Cheers,
ghgh

Soldato
ghgh said:
Do you know the stepping of the core? maybe you could google to see what other people have got out of the same.

Sounds like something else is holding the overclock back if the CPU hasn't hit the wall...maybe PSU or something else. What vdimm is your RAM rated to clock to 250MHz at, maybe its 2.8v.

Cheers,
ghgh

The ram, according to the Madshrimp review can do 275Mhz at default timings (8-4-4-3.0) but it does not like high vdimm. So I try to run it at 2.6v all the time.

PSU is an OCZ 700w jobby so I doubt that would be the culprit. :)

I wonder if I should try a modded BIOS to help with the high HTT values?

Permabanned
ahh, sounds like the CPU is at a wall IMO then, as the DFI board you have has proven to get to very high htts from others on forums around the world...if you have time though it might be worth updating to another BIOS, it may just help get higher htts but I wouldn't bank on it.

Soldato
ghgh said:
ahh, sounds like the CPU is at a wall IMO then, as the DFI board you have has proven to get to very high htts from others on forums around the world...if you have time though it might be worth updating to another BIOS, it may just help get higher htts but I wouldn't bank on it.

Cheers for the help. Just about to start messing on now. :D :p

It's just too tempting a target now!

Associate
Ordered last thursday, installed last night, managed to get it stable at 2.8 on stock volts!!! well 1.325. I primed both cores for about 1 hour, before getting bored and moving up to 2.9 @ 1.375. Can boot into windows at 3GHz but prime only runs for about 12 mins before failing, thats on 1.425 volts.

So far i'm 4 hours stable @ 2.9Ghz on 1.375.

Absolute bargain for £39

Running on a DFi Ultra-d.

Stepping 0718 VPMW

Associate
First ever overclock.

CPU Clock: 2400MHz
HTT/CPU freq: 240
HT: x4
RAM FSB: 200 @ 2.8v
Timings: 3.0-4-4-8 2T
VCore: 1.36v
Core: Toledo
Cooling: Amd Stock/Retail Heatsink and Fan
Mobo: Asus A8N-SLI

About 33c idle but goes to 48/49c under load / gaming. Need to get a better cooler before going further I think.

cpu-z.jpg

Cheers,
Simon

Soldato
Modjo & P1Fanatic - You should both be able to run your RAM @ 1T if it's currently at stock speeds.

Here's what my Opty does, it can hit 3.05GHz and can probably do more but I need something better than an AF64 Pro to cool it :rolleyes:

Shot at 2007-07-25

Associate
El Jimben said:
Modjo & P1Fanatic - You should both be able to run your RAM @ 1T if it's currently at stock speeds.

Here's what my Opty does, it can hit 3.05GHz and can probably do more but I need something better than an AF64 Pro to cool it :rolleyes:

Cheers Jimbo. Was suprised to see that I could o/c at 2800 but had to drop the multiplyer to x9. Have read somewhere that my mobo has a good x10 multiplyer and it showed tbh 'coz my pc was running fine up until the point that I ran 3d apps. Just locked up. 2700 is ok under light load but 2600 is stable as a stable thing

Back
Top Bottom