***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Associate
Why not use them in regular power mode?
Kanthal has a very low TCR so is pretty much unsuitable for temperature controlled vaping as its resistance pretty much stays the same as the temperature of the wire changes.

its a Smok R200 , regular power mode is with SS/TI/NI , no option for anything else.
Only realised this whilst trying to use up some old kanthal coils.

Don
OP
It should make no difference. If the TCR is 0 (which it is near as makes no difference for Kanthal) then the resistance will not change with temperature and the device will just keep dumping power in to the coil.

Soldato
+ 2 for the serpent just fired it up now a cracking little tank lots of flavour, would look tiny on the RX though!!

Small tanks on the RX are surprisingly well suited, it offsets the fact that the mod is pretty big. Used my RX mostly with drippers, was a good combo :)

Soldato
So finally sorted myself and got my RX200, batteries charger etc, feels like an unneeded beast for what I use, but, hey, it'll do nicely, the whole thing with my VCT tank is a bit of a size now though, so was wondering what would a nice more subtle tank look like?

WP_20170105_20_33_28_Rich_zpsfircmkjc.jpg

You're in good company! I use a Uwell Crown tank, but I really like my RX200, especially seeing as I've now dropped it twice (the latest occasion onto solid concrete) and it keeps on trooping. Poor little bugger.

Soldato
You're in good company! I use a Uwell Crown tank, but I really like my RX200, especially seeing as I've now dropped it twice (the latest occasion onto solid concrete) and it keeps on trooping. Poor little bugger.

It certainly feels solid enough! could kill a small animal with it.

Anyone have a good UK shop to order the Serpant from?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
It certainly feels solid enough! could kill a small animal with it.

Anyone have a good UK shop to order the Serpant from?

VapeGeek - http://www.vapegeek.co.uk/Serpent-Mini-25mm-by-Wotofo-15.htm

However you can get it from Fasttech w/ express delivery (7 days for me) for a little over £20.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018935/5591900-authentic-wotofo-serpent-mini-25mm-rta

Just make sure you select 'United Kingdom Express ePacket' as the shipping option if you do get it from there.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Awesome..will get one ordered tonight, are they easy enough to rebuild?..the VCT was a real pain.

Super simple! Only part that takes a little bit of time is the wicking. You need enough to stop it from leaking but not too much that you get dry hits.

Great tank though, good flavour and a breeze to refill.

Soldato
Epacket ftw!!!!!!!!

Ordered 28th, dispatched 31st, in my hands the 6th, absolutely worth the $1.49!!

Hadaly clone is incredible quality, smashing dense vape too, time to buy a squonk mod.

Soldato
I'd say the Smok Alien in terms of value vs money.

I get all my batteries from Torchy

Recently taken delivery of a Smoant Battlestar, liking it so far! Cheap to pick up on FT.

Torchy has never been the go to for batteries. It's just the UKVapers camp that obsess over him. Get them from http://ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk/

Thanks chaps, both look good, although the Battlestar seems crazy cheap in comparison (no tank included but I'm a dripper guy anyway). Any significant features that set them apart?

Thanks for the battery link, will definitely give that a butchers

Soldato
Just a random question for you guys who drip. Why do you prefer dripping to tanks? I was rebuilding until I got my hands on the Smok TFV8 last year and haven't looked back since. I now also have the Smok V8 Baby Beast and the flavour and vapour is easily on par with RDA's imo.

Soldato
I prefer it as I can tailor the build how ever I like, love RTA's too, but none of them quite match the flavour and vapor I can get from a good dripper. Speaking of which, this hadaly is quickly becoming one of my faves, flavour is absolutely insane.

Each to their own though, long as it's not a cig it's all good :)

Soldato
Just a random question for you guys who drip. Why do you prefer dripping to tanks? I was rebuilding until I got my hands on the Smok TFV8 last year and haven't looked back since. I now also have the Smok V8 Baby Beast and the flavour and vapour is easily on par with RDA's imo.

Funny, till recently i was the same, run a v8 as my daily carry and have a troll v2, found myself using the troll a lot more recently.

Dripping is great because you get big reek, big flavour, and you can switch flavours wile easy. And if this initial troll build is anything to go by it lasts longer too. Plus unlike an rta the wicking is much easier, only the coil fit to worry about and not tayloring the fit to the juice holes as well.

And tbh as good as the smok is, its still not as good as a good dripper, although still mighty for a stock tank.

Soldato

Mainly because I just find them more reliable and easier to build in.

Soldato
Got some cracking deals at Gearbest at the moment just got another serpent mini for £12.50, Goblin V3 for £15 and a Geekvape Tsunami window for £17...

Soldato
Anyone got any use for 34awg ni80?

Got a free 10m of it with a crazy wire company order, zero chance of me using it.

Speaking of which they now send their Clapton spools in little snuff box type tins, very nice :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom