***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Got some deamon killer staple coils with my latest FT delivery, £4 odd for a pack of 10...sit nicely in the Pharaoh!

Staple.jpg

Looking at the Wismec RX300 it has 4 18650 battery bays, is this overkill? Currently have the RX200s and it had been my best mod to date.

I think prices are getting a little higher in the past few months :(

Vapemate have got a 99p sale on, just grabbed some Very Vanilla at that price. Seem to have a large selection of flavours on offer, but I have given up trying new flavours as I can't seem to enjoy any I have tried except the mix I am making of Cherry and Vanilla which I could just vape constantly :)

Vapemate have got a 99p sale on, just grabbed some Very Vanilla at that price. Seem to have a large selection of flavours on offer, but I have given up trying new flavours as I can't seem to enjoy any I have tried except the mix I am making of Cherry and Vanilla which I could just vape constantly :)

I just came in to post the same. I make my own now - partly because I vape at 2mg which isn't readily available. I do use 6mg occasionally in a MTL setup I use in the pub (so I don't annoy other customers) so I've ordered a heap of 6mg stuff which should keep me going for months.

https://www.vapemate.co.uk/eliquid/final-clearance.html

Are you priming the coils correctly before filling the tank?

Also what liquid are you using? Any of those yank 'premium' liquids will kill a coil inside a day, the sweet ones at least anyway.

Yeah i always prime the coil. I'm using Strawberry Whip'd, which is a pretty sweet liquid and it does say from California. So i take it's a known thing for sweet yank e-liquids to do this?

Definitely dont want to change e-liquid as Strawberry Whip'd is my favourite and i'm extremely fussy when it comes to e-liquids and at £20 for 60ml it's a bargain too. I guess i'll keep the tank and try something not sweet and not from the US.

Think i might try that new SMOK spirals tank hopefully it will wick better. OR if anyone knows of a tank that wicks Yank sweet e-liquids well?

Thanks anywho

Opened up the dinner lady clone ive had in the basement, its week 3 of the steep and is coming along nicely so i syphoned off 50ml, im loving mixing my own it worked out about £25 for 500ml which included all the bits and bobs i needed. Wish id done it sooner the ammount of money i wasted on "cheap" liquids that were crap...and the more expensive ones where 1/2 of them were good.

Yeah i always prime the coil. I'm using Strawberry Whip'd, which is a pretty sweet liquid and it does say from California. So i take it's a known thing for sweet yank e-liquids to do this?

Definitely dont want to change e-liquid as Strawberry Whip'd is my favourite and i'm extremely fussy when it comes to e-liquids and at £20 for 60ml it's a bargain too. I guess i'll keep the tank and try something not sweet and not from the US.

Think i might try that new SMOK spirals tank hopefully it will wick better. OR if anyone knows of a tank that wicks Yank sweet e-liquids well?

Thanks anywho

You sound like someone who needs an RTA in their life, fortunately the Minos has an rba deck, maybe worth the investment? Just remove wick, dry burn and throw some fresh cotton in when it gunks up?

Yeah it's quite common for the sweet American made liquids to gunk coils, I'm quite fond of wonder worm, 3-4 hours on an RDA and it needs cleaned!

£20 for 60ml! :eek:

I'm certain the main strawberry in that will be Capella Sweet Strawberry, it's more candy like as opposed to say, Strawberry Ripe from TFA.

Dread to think how much sweetener they add in too :(

been lurking on overclockers for years... how have I never noticed the vape thread??

Been vaping on and off the last few years, finally off the stinky fags altogether, Finished some wraps on my marshal this morning, and finished a fresh build on the mech.

IMG_20170110_113905_466.jpg

20170110_110030.jpg

I have just started brewing my own juice as well, currently using the easy one shots from Kaveman and Driphacks, few bottles made up and steeping of Cakepops, Blue Slush and Green slush!

Decided to treat my self to a hcigar VT inbox, DNA 75 squonk mod complete with maze RDA for £54, score :D

Edit: it can wait, pound is retarded weak atm, PayPal only offering a 1.17 rate makes it near £80 for the mod

Last edited:
Just a random question for you guys who drip. Why do you prefer dripping to tanks? I was rebuilding until I got my hands on the Smok TFV8 last year and haven't looked back since. I now also have the Smok V8 Baby Beast and the flavour and vapour is easily on par with RDA's imo.

I tend to drip at home or down the pub, it gives me a more intents vape than tanks. I tend to squoak or use a tank for convenience.. I can do either all; dripping don't bother me but I tend to use flavours that I like/love but know I can't vape it for long periods as in the whole tank or bottle.

It all depends on what you're used to; for it to be on "par" and how you like your vape. I don't tend to like hot vapes.. but I just learn to build with what I have and after a while most atties I have all vapes the same, the ones that don't; don't get used.

Last edited:
Been having a run of really crap coils lately... Aspire, Joytech and Smok, all flooding, leaking or burning out within hours from new... Not changed juices or vape settings, so kinda stumped.

Been having a run of really crap coils lately... Aspire, Joytech and Smok, all flooding, leaking or burning out within hours from new... Not changed juices or vape settings, so kinda stumped.

Get a rebuildable. Problem solved.

Get a rebuildable. Problem solved.
I have several. They're crap and are too small.
I'm also not perfect when it comes to the larger drippers and my RTAs have not worked out so well, either. If anything, they're consistently crap compared to the atties.

I need atties for convenience.
I need my MTL tanks, both for certain juices and for daily use in vape-limited areas.

Just can't believe I'm getting a series of duff coils, from different mfrs all at the same time - NOT having a good week so far!! :mad::mad::mad:

try braking them in vaping at lower power or using higher pg juice...
I'm using the same 50/50 on the MTL and the same 60VG on the other two as I always have. I also always put a couple tankfuls through at several watts below the minimum of recommended range, building up and on none of these coils have I ever needed much higher than the lower value of that range... How the hell are these things burning out and why all at the same time???!!!!!

Gonna throw one at somebody soon...!!

I'm using the same 50/50 on the MTL and the same 60VG on the other two as I always have. I also always put a couple tankfuls through at several watts below the minimum of recommended range, building up and on none of these coils have I ever needed much higher than the lower value of that range... How the hell are these things burning out and why all at the same time???!!!!!

Gonna throw one at somebody soon...!!

hows the wicking seem? had some bad coils for the v8 recently, same symptoms and the wicking was noticable harder than what i'd expect of a good one.

could just be a run of bad luck, at least with rebuildables you can control that factor, assuming you have the building skill to get it right.

Back
Top Bottom